When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My latest addition, a DW 6263 Daytona

Gadget Man

I never met a DW Daytona I did not like. And this 1 is no exception.

1 thing - you might want to begin the process of sourcing a possible donor/replacement movement now. The MM's reliability record is about as spotted as the chs GMTIIC's modded GMT. If you need more info, search for 'mystery movement'.

Hi Freddy,

Yes I have seen mixed reviews and will keep my eyes open for a donor.

Am I right in thinking this will take the V72 movement? what would be other possible alternatives?

This version will take a Val. 22. You need the sterile DW case (no model or serial numbers) for a Val. 72. It is made to fit the Val. 72. I believe the internal dimensions of that case is slightly deeper to accommodate the movement.

I have a 6263 manual wind. It's not a DW. It has the Seagull St-19 movement in it. Sorry no movement pics, but it looks extremely similar to this so called mystery movement. BTW, The ST-19 is IMO the best chronograph movement you can find in our replica's. It has been labeled by others as "bullet proof"

IMG_0494.jpg

IMG_0490.jpg

IMG_0489.jpg

IMG_0493.jpg

Thanks for the pics, GM. I just noticed the 727 under the balance of the MM! The v23/v72 are 13 ligne and the v22/v71 are larger- maybe 14 ligne. Early Rolexes (40's and 50's) referred to the v72 movement used as a Cal.13, which is referring to the size of the movement- 13 lignes.

Some of the later model MMs were stamped with 727. It's interesting that yours was so stamped, but does not have a "Rolex" bridge.

I've seen one with Panerai bridge :o

Mystery is true mystery when it comes to these movements...

I should get mine back soon and test that MM for a while.

So far it seems to run OK

I must say, this MM is certainly that. I've been all through Ranfft looking at 13 ligne chronograph movements and can't find anything like the MM!

http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-db.cgi...&&2uswk

I just find it hard to believe. Did the Chinese develop their own chrono movement? As Pitimany says, it's similar to a Venus 150, also bears a slight resemblance to the Angelus 210, but the Angelus is 14 ligne. It didn't come from the Japanese, did it?

I sure wish someone would solve this mystery.

I have to say (although it's early days) I'm very impressed with the movement so far, it's currently losing just 7-9 seconds per 24 hours and it feels sweet when it's wound.

Edited by Gadget Man

the problem with those movements is NOT accuracy!

I had a movement just like that and it broke after a while, because the material is really bad, the gears teeth will break off after some time.

My newest DW also has a movement with PANERAI bridge, but I also have a DW movement with ROLEX bridge laying around here (which I have to send to dirk :D )

Gadget Man - ok where can i get one of these? is this something i can buy from one of our dealers or do these have to be "built"

ive fallen in love.

i see josh has one

http://www.jpc8118.com/rldv01001-updated-v...nos-p-3620.html

but it seems that the dial is white? yours looks silverish almost....and the 6 oclock dial is fixed needed. where did u purchase? and does yours move?

Edited by cableguy