When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Shortest Thread Ever

Admin

It looks very interesting - as you say, pictures hardly do it justice. Scale is such an important thing in art too. I was nonplussed about all the photos of David I'd seen, then you walk into the Galleria dell'Accademia and you're just astounded. You just can't compare the photo and the real thing.

That's it: it's like a photo of a person as compared to the person him/herself.

Flavin was an immense pioneer and a very low-profile dude. He was doing his thing before anyone understood it and years before people got the idea that you could throw a pile bricks on a gallery floor and call it minimalist art.

He's a Breguet in a world of Swatches.

His stuff is privately and museum-collected all over the planet - in terms of the bottom-line definition of art, it's the real thing - meaning the whole (experience) is much more than the sum of its parts.

Lecture mode/off.

296065-1726.jpg

296065-1727.jpg

296065-1728.jpg

Nice photos - I like this one too:

296075-1724.jpg

This is a good article:

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn41...05/ai_n14803564

I'd like to see a retrospective of those poison-pen letters too by the sound of it! ;)

It's interesting that how much of art is really in the eye of the beholder - and how short a life the intention of the artist really has, regardless of their own intentions, conceit, or lack thereof. Look at the fine line between advertisements and art - how some 19th century advertisements are the epitome of fine art now, and other are....just advertisements. Or how many objects of fine art had a life before museums, ancient artifacts and so on. That Incan fertility statuette with the massive ding dong might be art to us or amusement, but it was probably a profoundly religious creation to the person who made it.

/shortest thread mode back on, I promise! :p

That is a good article.

As for: "...some 19th century advertisements are the epitome of fine art now, and other are....just advertisements" you have to admit that they were often done by real artists - as in many of the Art Nouveau-era advertising posters...

As for the rest, well - as you said, gotta keep it short around here...wouldn't want to go against the Boss's wishes -_-

"Square/configuration" means more than one square in the criterion array, which demands a more than 9x9 grid of choices in the selection array. Simple.

A sematic technicality, if I understand what you're saying.

So - and despite the fact that it's a false problem - how would you have worded the puzzle so that the terms would have appeared semantically coherent?

If you please, O Great Salmon...

If I ever caught my monkey masturbating with Sticks, I'd give him a spanking he'd not soon forget!

And yes, I think the Administration should be informed about this: Sticks should be given a strong warning about fooling around with other member's monkeys - and then banned if he keeps it up.

Otherwise, God only knows what this forum is going to turn into...

Actually I did receive a PM from member 'Sticks' in which he defends his actions

The chimps are the ones doing it, it's not like I'm asking them to join in!!!

He seems to be blaming the chimpanzees! Perhaps if a chimp would like to post and give their side of the story we can get a better perspective. It's speculation but I suspect 'Sticks' may be leading them on with banana eau de cologne.

I'm currently trying to dissuade him from posting photos that he claims will exonerate him....it could be more than Everythingape could bear to see on screen :unsure:

If I understand your last post, some of the Bush family are involved in this.

I think both Homeland Security and the RWG administration need to be informed.

Firm and vigorous action must be undertaken to prevent things from getting even stickier.

Does anyone know how to contact Condi Rice?