When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Shortest Thread Ever

Admin

I think I'll sue - they promised it would keep me busy for hours, but it was actually more like 12-15 minutes... <_<

:D

Well, they were certainly not expecting people of our intellectual calibre to respond.

Now here's one for you Mensa-types: if you can find the solution to this most difficult of puzzles (just the answer and not even the reason) in under fifteen minutes, you are positively Einsteinian: less than one-thousandth of one-percent of all those who try succeed.

(Oops, I nearly forgot the question here):

Which one square/configuration is totally erroneous when compared with any sequence (horizontal, vertical or diagonal) of nine successive other squares?

Just one rotten apple, so to speak....

I've explained it in my usual imprecise way, but good luck just the same: I know some of you guys can do it!

294284-3290.gif

(Like I said, first one to find the answer in under fifteen minutes - or ever - is a freaking genius).

Well, they were certainly not expecting people of our intellectual calibre to respond.

Now here's one for you Mensa-types: if you can find the solution to this most difficult of puzzles (just the answer and not even the reason) in under fifteen minutes, you are positively Einsteinian: less than one-thousandth of one-percent of all those who try succeed.

(Oops, I nearly forgot the question here):

Which one square/configuration is totally erroneous when compared with any sequence (horizontal, vertical or diagonal) of nine successive other squares?

Just one rotten apple, so to speak....

I've explained it in my usual imprecise way, but good luck just the same: I know some of you guys can do it!

294290-3289.gif

(Like I said, first one to find the answer in under fifteen minutes - or ever - is a freaking genius).

Phew...if THAT doesn't put a stop to this thread.....

Phew...if THAT doesn't put a stop to this thread.....

Now that's a perfect example of thinking outside the 'box'!

It's certainly a great answer, but unfortunately not to the specific task-oriented question as it is posed....

I wonder what Nanuq's take on this would be - if he's not too occupied with Miss Understood's...um...ride?

@J - cheeky, very cheeky. What if the squares were all just fine and dandy? Could you not drive people to the brink of despair looking for a flaw that isn't there? :ph34r:

As is, of course, entirely befitting The Shortest Thread....

:clap::thumbsupsmileyanim::tu::band1:

You done done it, dude!

Egads, a mind even more devious and warped than mine!

Of course, I made it all up.

The 'rotten apple' is, of course, your's truly!

Hey, do I have a reputation to uphold around here, or not?