When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A Foolish Thing to Post on TZ

freddy333

Unless I am mistaken, I have seen those very same pics posted here & I just think it is a bad idea to post frankens on TZ (& I know that 1 of the TZ Mods does not like it).

Well, you are correct about the pics as they are mine. The poster asked if anyone assembled a Rolex from parts gathered from many sources including *bay.

Everything on my watch is genuine Rolex except for the NDT case ( NDT is a big *bay seller). As for the moerators on TZ, the post is still there and no one seems to be insulted by my craftsmanship.

Well, you are correct about the pics as they are mine. The poster asked if anyone assembled a Rolex from parts gathered from many sources including *bay.

There you go! I love projects like these. As you know though...there are some out on TZ who don't really have an appreciation for anything non-gen (including bastard watches made from sourced parts as opposed to a complete watch with provenance).

There you go! I love projects like these. As you know though...there are some out on TZ who don't really have an appreciation for anything non-gen (including bastard watches made from sourced parts as opposed to a complete watch with provenance).

You are correct......It's a good thing I didn't build it for anyone but me :D It also explains why I hang out here more than there :p

I don't see the harm in responding to that TZ thread at all. Nice franken, Justasgood!

Thanks Chief.

In fact, I have made a few posts and responded to others in regards to "fakes".

An elitist view of " I spent more" because it is real amuses me. A watch is a watch. Most keep time, many keep very good time. Now, if you represent a Rep as real and try to sell it as real....well, that would be a "boob" imho.

1 of the TZ Mods chewed me out (privately) for posting a pic of 1 of my home-brewed DJs. Even though this watch is 100% gen, it is still considered a franken (& generally persona non grata) on TZ

16014_overhauled1.jpg

Though, had I known it was yours, Justa, I probably would have tempered my original comments. So please accept my apologies for any offense taken.

However, I would still recommend against posting anything but gens on TZ, & that includes Tudors, which the TZ cognoscente are well versed in.

1 of the TZ Mods chewed me out (privately) for posting a pic of 1 of my home-brewed DJs. Even though this watch is 100% gen, it is still considered a franken (& generally persona non grata) on TZ

16014_overhauled1.jpg

Though, had I known it was yours, Justa, I probably would have tempered my original comments. So please accept my apologies for any offense taken.

However, I would still recommend against posting anything but gens on TZ, & that includes Tudors, which the TZ cognoscente are well versed in.

Please.........no apology needed as no offense was taken. I have been called or referred to as much worse than "boob".....and that was by family members. :D

Hey, Justasgood... I post photos of my gen 6536 over on TZ and the contempt is palpable. Because it has an aftermarket steel bezel.

I suppose there are people (snobs) who enjoy playing that sandbox... not me! I think I like this place a lot better.

Now what was that about Bobs? :cc_detective: "Bobs"?? I don't get it. Someone has to show me. :tu:

Hey, Justasgood... I post photos of my gen 6536 over on TZ and the contempt is palpable. Because it has an aftermarket steel bezel.

I suppose there are people (snobs) who enjoy playing that sandbox... not me! I think I like this place a lot better.

Now what was that about Bobs? :cc_detective: "Bobs"?? I don't get it. Someone has to show me. :tu:

C'mon Nuq,

it's boobs, not Bobs......sheesh.

BTW, the snobs are above reproach. I spend more time here amongst friends ( and boobs )as well.

Although by now i have enough gens that I am "allowed", i never hang out there..

inferior forums software.. and gen forums are so boooowwwwrrring..

It's true. It's like a lot (not all) of car clubs. If you go to a Porsche owners meeting...it's all about lifestyle, and what you can afford to buy...but most drive like crap and don't really know anything about the cars themselves...just where the nearest performance tuning garage is and how to sign a credit card slip.

Go to a Honda Civic mod club...and you get people who are passionate about cars and driving...not just buying stuff.

It's true. It's like a lot (not all) of car clubs. If you go to a Porsche owners meeting...it's all about lifestyle, and what you can afford to buy...but most drive like crap and don't really know anything about the cars themselves...just where the nearest performance tuning garage is and how to sign a credit card slip.

Go to a Honda Civic mod club...and you get people who are passionate about cars and driving...not just buying stuff.

Great analogy Toad.