When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Blacksteel available now

Samurai

I'm a veteran customer with Angus. I signed up for the pre-order and received a confirmation email yesterday that the watch is ready for shipping. ...And the price was $1044. This is some kind of crazy joke. Am I the only one that received this email???

Swiss ETA, maybe?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

During my conversation with Josh regarding the high cost of the blacksteel compared to normal skyland.....he mentioned:

"The price is justifcable. The pvd process is expensive. The individual serial nos and the choice of numbers.. All cost money."

The question again....is it justifiable? I really like the watch but $200 for pvd and numbering......???

I'm a veteran customer with Angus. I signed up for the pre-order and received a confirmation email yesterday that the watch is ready for shipping. ...And the price was $1044. This is some kind of crazy joke. Am I the only one that received this email???

Sounds like he put you down for a Swiss 7750 movement.. that's the only way I could conceive that price .. because mine was pre ordered at less than half that..way less ..

Edit Add: I couldn't conceive that price even with a swiss 7750.. jus thought I'd state that ..but that would be the likely synopsis..

PAM1A Posted Yesterday, 08:42 PM

BLACKSTEEL treatment:

The black steel case is a result of a "highly resitant carbon nitride-based treatment" (C3N4).

And thats a chemical process to cover stainless steel with a micro-thin layer that hardens the steel. It is extremely scratch resitstan

Waiting unpatiently for LANI

I really hope the case treatment is something special too, not just light PVD to only replicate the general colour and finish of the genuine watch ^_^

But who will want to test the scratch resistance theory of their new $450+ watch! :p:lol:

Lani... Will you test the scratch resistance for us? :D :D

Enjoy your watch

Cheers

Of course the next question is how we figure out what the coating on the rep is. :)

Sure, just let me grab my mass spectrometer from the garage :p

Seriously though, why do we need to figure it out? They can have dusted it in treacle and marshmallow sprinkles for all I care as long as it conveys the appearance and durability properties of the treatment applied to the gen 'Blacksteel'. Which initial photos seem to suggest is the case. FWIW I'm guessing they used a very similar process (based on Ti-C-N coating specs) with some trial-and-error tweaking to get it absolutely right - pretty much the same thing Breitling did.

every dealer i asked wasn't willing to budge on the price. so what did i do to rebel? i ordered one at full price. [censored]!

:lol:

That's the spirit mate, don't blink first, you show them who's boss, brook no [censored] from these guys, make them squeal for every last cent discount in these times of recession.

(*mental note* next time you're in the Islands Doc, reminder to invite Mr Pigeo.....err, Wheaton over for a nice friendly game of high stakes poker, mwahaha......)