When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Blacksteel available now

Samurai

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

438 is still a bit much. Probably bite after some reviews. Lani?

SOP.. Macro pictorial ..

gotta ask Avitt to comment on the coating as it said to be the same as the genuine as sample.. not PVD.. don't know if it's DLC.. what is "Blacksteel" ?

Since Avitt is our in house pro on these coatings .. I hope he chimes in..

PVD was the V-1 version I believe

what made my skyland movement stop was the regulator.. I don't know what is happening with that but adjusting it fixed the Dead movement issue.. gotta post that one for Ziggy..

Mickey Padge Posted Today, 09:34 AM

I would need the

what made my skyland movement stop was the regulator.. I don't know what is happening with that but adjusting it fixed the Dead movement issue.. gotta post that one for The Zigmeister..

Got two Skylands V2 with dodgy A7750 in a row :(

Same dealer...both returned, second one for refund in full.

First came with chrono DOA, second just like yours (regulator was pushed completely towards "+" side, gaining 15mins per day) plus I found curled pubic hair under the hairspring. Adjusting the regulator just temorarily "fixed" the mov't. It would run for some 12-15hrs then stop completely unless I delivered a hard blow on the side of the case. Go figure.

babola

D4M (I think) posted over at RWI about the movement in V2 being suspect, there seem to have been a lot of issues with it. Whether it is a case of a bad batch of movements I don't know, although I think someone mentioned they thought the caseback was too tight against the movement. In any event I don't have one to know anything firsthand.

This one looks pretty nice, but I would also say it is too pricey for me right now, especially with the exchange rate as it is, again like so many others around.

Someone please tell me what blackened steel is and then we can figure out whether they are selling a watch with the same coating. One of my peeves is having a different coating. If you ever do run into someone with a gen on you look pretty damn silly. And I have run into this watch twice since it came out.

BLACKSTEEL treatment:

The black steel case is a result of a "highly resitant carbon nitride-based treatment" (C3N4).

And thats a chemical process to cover stainless steel with a micro-thin layer that hardens the steel. It is extremely scratch resitstant!

My friend has the real deal and thinks about selling that one because of this new rep :D the gen BLACKSTEEL is a real beauty but I fear that the factory did not make the correct/gen treatment (just my guess) .... but teach me wrong.....I will order this watch anyway cause I allready ordered a new strap for it :p

So if the new rep Blacksteel is scratch-proof like the gen...CONGRATS...than the factories are up to a new century of rep-making.

Waiting unpatiently for LANI