When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

HBB Ceramic finished, what else to do?

Omega

I finished my HBB lite, and I have a question to the experts here. Because I don't have experiences with this models ...

What I've done:

- Jakub AR

- Engraved Rotor by Jakub (on the pic it don't looks engraved - but it is! ;))

- Real ceramic bezel (it was a PVD mounted before)

- Hands set to reset exactly on 0/12

- Hands reattach to change date exacly at 12

- Rotor sealed to be smooth

So my question is: What now? Is there something else to mod? Or should I sell it? :D

d5572d85.jpg

0eb42db7.jpg

b07e0e53.jpg

d416e84e.jpg

9aafcf59.jpg

00ef28d2.jpg

Thanks for looking... ;)

I think some have swapped the low beat 21K rotor in to lose the sawtooth look of the high beat rotor. Since you've gotten this one engraved you probably don't want to do that. I'd like to get on of these rotor and see if it fits the high beat. If it does I'd get it engraved.

When did you get it engraved? I thought Jacob was MIA.

You could always buy a gen strap for it. I'm waiting on my gen smooth strap for my all ceramic black magic.

Also how did you screw these bezel screws so deep? I have never seen them like that.

I don't know, they screwed without problems to this depth...and I did it carefully, because I was afraid of breaking the bezel. BTW, the quality of the bezel is unbelievable!

AND - the rotor is on the way! ;)

• 2 months later...

After long time now my Hublot is finished! But I went for a other solution as Francisco did, because I am not sure into a glued rotor - so I made a special drill to countersink the rotor-hole to fit the bearing like it has to be. I used the measure from the countersink from the gen rotor, BTW. The only thing I did't knew before is that the material of the PVD part is made of brass! So the countersinking has a yellowish color, but it is hard to see because of the reflection. I polished the countersinking of course to high shine. ;)

Also I glued a faux time regulator, I think/hope the glue will hold it in place... :huh:

And the thick "H" on the bridge is not bothering me. I will not replace it before they called it out as a giveaway for a fake on their site... :D

Here some pics:

182d3bbd.jpg

4efa9169.jpg

68571213.jpg

WOW!! Awesome watch.

Now that you're done, I think its time for you to sell it. (to me ofcourse) ;)

-H

Sweet looking piece!

Hate to break it to you though - it's not really finished until you've had the crystal AR'd by chief..... makes a whole lot of difference, and adds alot to the overall feel!

Cheers :)

He already has a K2222 coated crystal on that one (which actually is closer to gen than Chief's) Chief's coating is amazing. But its even better than GEN

Edited by chillininla

Hi Omega,

nice watch, nice modifications. I did all the same mods like you did, having the same model, except for the rotor modification.

My next mod will be to superlume the hands.

And I will change the strap to the strap of the Ice Bang, giving this watch a more smooth & abstract look.

Enjoy yours! (i will do mine, that's for sure!!! ;) )

Hi Omega,

nice watch, nice modifications. I did all the same mods like you did, having the same model, except for the rotor modification.

My next mod will be to superlume the hands.

And I will change the strap to the strap of the Ice Bang, giving this watch a more smooth & abstract look.

Enjoy yours! (i will do mine, that's for sure!!! ;) )

Be careful with the hands, they are very lightely to bend, espacially with the second chrono hand...the sleeve from it can stay on the pinion, you need then a new hand! :(

Nice mods.

Maybe you'd like to find a DW with a thicker font ?

:)

sanstitre2u.jpg

Your engraving is really a beauty. I have installed a rep engraved rotor on mine : it's OK but actually the quality is poor when looked with a loupe.

Also the gen has thinner bars on the rotor. The V2 (cheaper) HBB is more accurate from this point of view.