When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ultimate Planet Ocean Redux

dluddy

OK, so I finally got around to completing this project....or should I say Ziggy did ;)

omega29005091postmodsrs5.jpg

This UPO started out as a Trusty UPO Lite.

Fresh back from Ziggy it now includes the following modifications and improvements:

• Movement swap to genuine ETA 2824-2
  • Correct Omega Logo (swap from Silix dial)
  • Gen Omega Hands
  • Gen Omega Crown
  • Gen Omega He Valve
  • Gen Omega Planet Ocean Rubber Strap
  • Chief Double AR on Crystal
  • Ziggy Superlume Dial to match gen hand lume (perfectly I might add)

omega29005091planetoceaww4.jpg

omega29005091planetoceaqv2.jpg

omegaplanetoceangencrowgk8.jpg

omegaplanetoceangenhevacq5.jpg

I'm calling mine the ZPO2tm B)

I opted not to do the Dial and Bezel swap like our esteemed member LordRasta who coined his the ZPOtm

omega29005091wristfx7.jpg

wow, that's great don! where did you get your gen strap? i've been looking to replace the one on my gen po but am not willing to drop $300 and don't trust the ones on ebay etc. let me know if you have a good source. thanks.

Got it on TZ Chris...For half that ;)

BRAVO brother. Now THAT is a great rep watch. I dare anyone to honestly say the gen watch is any better than this. Hey dluddy, would you mind letting us know what you have into this all told so the members can compare the cost of your project to buying a gen? I bet it is not even half of a gen street price which is currently running maybe $2600 or so for the 45.5MM on rubber. If I only had the time and project inclination, I wish I had done this to my UPO when I had one instead of buying the gen. I mean, I of course love the gen, but projects like this can be very gratifying when you finally finish it. And for you noobs, here is my gen 42MM for comparison so you can see how accurate this watch is. Hats off to you again dluddy. Great job man. :1a::clap::punk:

POrubber1b.jpg

and a couple showing the gen He valve and crown profiles as well...

PO3.jpg

PO17.jpg

Very nice customized rep - with all you have done there should be virtually no difference from a gen - and all for under $600? Incredible!

RobbieG, thanks for the gen comparisons. Beautiful watch and photo skills! :tup:

BRAVO brother. Now THAT is a great rep watch. I dare anyone to honestly say the gen watch is any better than this. Hey dluddy, would you mind letting us know what you have into this all told so the members can compare the cost of your project to buying a gen? I bet it is not even half of a gen street price which is currently running maybe $2600 or so for the 45.5MM on rubber. If I only had the time and project inclination, I wish I had done this to my UPO when I had one instead of buying the gen. I mean, I of course love the gen, but projects like this can be very gratifying when you finally finish it. And for you noobs, here is my gen 42MM for comparison so you can see how accurate this watch is. Hats off to you again dluddy. Great job man. :1a::clap::punk:

Thanks Robbie. My rule (like others is to keep a Franken to under 30% a gen or not do it). This one is all-in about $750.

• UPO Lite (second hand sale) $100
  • Silix Dial for Logo swap $ 30
  • Ofrei Parts $150
  • Gen Rubber $160
  • Chief DAR $ 65
  • 2824-2 (from another proj) $ 35
  • Ziggy Spa $200
  • Total $740

I opted not do do the gen dial and bezel (for the insert) as this would put me well into $1000

Yeah great. Less than I thought. I figured a grand or so. $750 sure beats $2600 for the gen and you basically have the same thing. Congrats again on a great job and great score...

Thanks Robbie. My rule (like others is to keep a Franken to under 30% a gen or not do it). This one is all-in about $750.

• UPO Lite (second hand sale) $100
  • Silix Dial for Logo swap $ 30
  • Ofrei Parts $150
  • Gen Rubber $160
  • Chief DAR $ 65
  • 2824-2 (from another proj) $ 35
  • The Zigmeister Spa $200
  • Total $740

I opted not do do the gen dial and bezel (for the insert) as this would put me well into $1000

• 2 weeks later...