When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Let's see your GMT's and Explorers!

By-Tor

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Whilst the troll is searching Google desperately, here's pic of my soon-to-be-arriving 1675, all being well.

Belongs to a friend of mine, but I keep chipping away bit by bit....nag nag pester pester....not long now I hope :pray:

picture22ra4.png

That's the watch that started all for me.

And whatever you do... don't put it on a Jubilee. That's absolutely perfect how it is. :)

"Perfect" you say? Perfect? You missed the big glaring flaw with the dial?

Figures... you like GMTs on Oysters, your vision can't be THAT good.

:cc_detective:

Never claimed to be an expert.

What's the flaw, the gap between OYSTER and PERPETUAL?

Pffff, what a crock. Can feel my hair growing mm's whilst I wait. Glaciers are moving. Tectonic plates are shifting. An asthmatic snail is making its way along the window ledge :whistling:

Anyway, back to your GMT (*diverting attention whilst I wait*)...

You still left that gilt dial in the drawer? Tsk tsk. 'Cos it still looks like '64 mutton dressed as '79 lamb ;):lol:

gmt_3a.jpg

Well can anyone tell me what in the heck version this piece of #^%! is? I ordered from a trusted dealer and got this... Im not sure what it is but its not the watch I ordered.

Take it up with your dealer maybe? ;)

Not knowing what you ordered of course, but apart from it being in a type of Sub case (huge CG space meant to be filled by a thick triplock not teeny twinlock crown), it doesn't look too bad.

Talking of our Alaskan prankster, it seems he's 'fessed up that in fact there is NOTHING wrong with the dial on the 1675 I have dibs on :lol:

Oh you jolly japer you :animal_rooster: and of course, no hard feelings......:whistling:

:cc_detective:

(*furiously checking family tree and historical records to prove great-great-great-great-great-great-grandfather - Russian - still has colonial rights over Alaska and as a direct descendant can therefore legally lay claim to that DRSD and Bond Sub.....pffff, he can keep the GMT....mwahahaha*)

I went back and checked your family tree, and discovered a photo of your great-great-great-great-great-great-grandfather migrating to Alaska! It was tough but I did it. It looks like I'll be keeping the watches...

Gravity Enhanced Migration

Keep telling yourself that Mr Japester.....tell you one thing though, you can keep your beloved 'oosik' collection you have there, euuwwwww :lol: