When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

RWG1-redaux. We're baaaaack! Up and running.

trailboss

WE'RE BACK!!!

RWG1 is back in business!! After weeks of waiting for our home to reapear we have rebuilt her. Unfortunately the origenal data base appears to be lost to us forever but the forum is back online. Not just back but now stable and with no added CPU errors! The high sugar and caffine contrents remain however :)

Most of this is due to the work of Greg_r who has put in much hard work replicateing the forum to perfection. We have achived a 1:1 rep here folks! Can't tell it from the origenal. Well, oke, Dave123 has several thousand less on his post count than before but not much else has changed. The other person to be thanked is JohnG without whose constant calls to "do somthing guys" and his hearding us all into a group here in the first place it never would have happened.

Many thanks as well for the support from both TT and D4M. The decision to go ahead was made a lot easier with the encourgement of these and others. TT and the other admin here deserve a special thanks for puting up with us spaming up your bin for so long. Sorry boys it's a bit of a mess. Don't know what those stains are, don't wanna. Send us the bill.

Thanks as well to By-Tor who has made his body of work avaliable to swell our review pages (yes every now and again we talk watches) and to the others who have helped allong the way.

So, without further ado, you are all invited to share in opening day of the new yet old RWG1.1. Come over and have a look, stay awhile and enjoy.

And now as we pack up our rubber chickens and exit stage left we will leave RWG2 to the serious side of rep collecting.Not that we're going far, we'l be back and forth as we allways were before.

So long and thanks for all the fish!!

Regards,

Col.

Trailboss99.

RWG1 Team.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats from me too but I have a question.

We built this forum for the same reason you have built your new one, so if we are RWG2 shouldn't your new one be RWG3? ;)

Just thinking out loud here....

Anyway I hope you left some beer in the bin's fridge. :D

Ken

No JJ Blade is missing in action and has not been heard of since things went down weeks ago. We have tried unsucessfully to contact both him and Johny Boy many times. NFI what Blade is doing or if the old DB is still extant.

Col.

Edited by trailboss

Plenty of subforums once you join. There's 1500 odd posts there.

No, it won't rember you 'cause we wern't able to contact Blade to recover the old DB. It's a new/old RWG1. If and when that is possible we would like to incorperate the old Db as a searchable archive. It would be too much work to port the old over to new software version anyway and as you know the old software left somthing to be desired.

Col.

Dave123, its not an attempt to replicate RWG1, its just a continuation of a playground.

To the uninitiated unaware newer members. My empathetic explanation of the regurgitated site: RWG1 was the original where this forum sprang from, we took all the good parts of our original wild and popular forum that we thought was endangered with extinction and left all the perceived garbage behavior behind, new and improved. That definitely is not the case with RWG Redux. Well, some liked that detritus left behind and continued to keep it alive with the goal that it was finally free of the up-tightness constrain of moderators & normality (Admittedly, I'm a charter member of that crowd). This eventually attracted all those fringe replica-watch-geeks with personal agendas that far outweighted their hobby.

Granted, RWG Redux is populated by replica watch enthusiasts and will bear some resemblance to the forums, but think twisted personal blogs for content. I think most members here know that RWG Redux is just a place for the somewhat tolerated members of all the serious replica watch forums go so they can do their own sophomoric "did too, did not, did too, did not, did too, did not.........ad naseum one-up-manship" thread hijacking with no moderator to tell the brats to go to their respective corners while we lock the threads. Not the normal cup of tea.

If you have a wild hair up your ass and its itching, then by all means join the Redux, but bear in mind, there is absolutely no thread locking, only thread hijacking and its expected, encouraged, tolerated and the norm. If you don't have shoe leather quality thick-skin and on the other hand have a civilized sense of decorum and are sickened by anything "politically incorrect", be relieved, like Dani, that the post-whore prattle crowd that is useless to a serious replica watch forum has finally gone back to their playground. (For a sample look at the stains left at the "Looney Bin" by this recent rabble).

Think of the TTK type responses and multiply that to the majority of threads and you'll get the drift. Its entertaining to watch, its funny, its chaos, its anarchy, its camaraderie, its really stupid at times, its really cruel and mean at times, its blog posts, all wrapped and tied around a somewhat interest in replica-watches, very weird. But participation is either something you feed on or are repulsed by, there is no moderate middle ground like all the other watch forums.

I have been a charter member and supporter of all the RWG1, RWG.cc, RWG Redux forums. When I'm serious and feel I have something statesmanship to add, the posts are here, when I'm not, its there. But my belief is to encourage this odd behavior as a fellow closet anarchist, but keep it contained in its own place for the good of the general public and for the participants own good. Please wish RWG Redux well so the rest of the forums run a little smoother. I say that to my fellow RWG Redux refugees with a lot of tongue-in-cheek truth 'til-it-hurts affection. B)

Actualy, I am not shure I could have put it beter. On what other forum is it a good day if you get a shill or talkirtive spamer? RWG Redux, like the old RWG just eats them up and spits out the remains. One things for shure they may bnot be bennd but they don't come back! Great fun!

Then there's the JetMids of the world . . .now THAT was fun!

Where can you read about the B&D watch pics? Unless there here somwere, no where 'cause they got pulled at RG. But Dave's eagle eys did not go to waste 'cause there still up at RWG Redux. And if you have NFI what I'm on about join and take a look.

He'll never do that again. :shock::Jumpy: :Jumpy:

We are not back to replace RWG2 thats for shure or any established forum for that matter. We'l still be sending our members here for any realy serious tech stuff same as allways. Doesn't meen we don't talk about and love watches it's just that the subject is not the be all and end all af the forum. We are a community of folk with diverse intrests who happen to all like rep watches. And belive me, the other foura are beter off with us arround to take the pressure off by keeping the loonies where they belong. At least that way when they do venture out to serious forua all the sillyness has been worked out.

Hell, it's a mad house but it's our mad house. That's just the way we like it.

Col.

Well I'm sorry to say that you wont see me over there. <_<

Even after using the wifes reading glasses i can't make out the two words in the 'Security Code Confirmation' :rolleyes:

Ken :huh:

erk - for you I'll turn the captcha off.

Hope to see you there :)