When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

1655 assembled

Omega

After some critique about my most loved Jubile, I mount the Oyster bracelet now! ;)

Also the lugs are reshaped and bevels are done. On the dial I painted the 2 markers over and below the 3 o'clock marker, because they were missing!? Here what I mean on a GEN:

369793aa.jpg

Also I polished the sides on the bracelet and reworked the whole band. Now I have to mount some better hands and a gen crown/tube - and someone will own a nice piece, because it is not my taste...

(Sorry for the bad pics, I shot them with my mobile cam)

12265062.jpg

48e59674.jpg

dede1620.jpg

af5956a9.jpg

60c91de2.jpg

Now I have to mount some better hands and a gen crown/tube - and someone will own a nice piece, because it is not my taste...

Do these two essential mods (Omega Flightmaster hands plus gen twinlock c/t), AND relume back to a nice minty fresh off-white (hey, as TMG says, I'm a purist :D ), and you and I could come to a very agreeable solution for relocating this beauty ;)

Tell you what, I'll even let you keep that Jubilee :p

hi just one point about the date wheel you cant copy the genuine flat tops 3's date disc from the 1575 movement because the date clicks over the other way, unlike the eta movement that clicks foreward, you will have to reassemble all the numbers (if you know what I mean).

Like this:

1570layouttg1.jpg

Each number was completely redrawn as a vector from a scan of a genuine disc. Then painstakingly laid out to match the ETA progression.

Anyway, Omega, your project looks fantastic! Nice job! Looks like it already has a new home!

And again some updates: Bezel gets a new sunbrush, and the CG's are now shaped to correct size, they were too big... ;)

BEFORE:

f4b68018.jpg

AFTER:

aa78aa39.jpg

e3be107f.jpg

dc39d7bd.jpg

HERE CLOSE UP PIC OF THE LUG-BEVEL:

35f51964.jpg

THIS PIC IS BEFORE THE SHAPING WORK, BUT IMO A VERY NICE ONE:

517f646f.jpg

Thanks for looking...

Good news!!!

I worked the whole night now on the scan, photoshop etc... and the file is ready for printing! Now I had to find only the right material and it can be started. Also I need a tool to cut the wheels out...

Here is a pic from a print which I have done on photopaper with my inkjet - of course only to test the size, not for mounting it in a watch... ;)

It seems on the pic as a poor work, but the file is 3000x3000 pixel, absolutely clear and the numbers are all with feets like on gen. With the right printer it will be a amazing work, and our watches a step closer to the gen... ;)

BTW, I will also make modern wheels for noob and gen dials, because the noobs have the date window a bit too far to the right...;)

656b85df.jpg