When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

RWG rings

KB

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

?

did i miss something?

can't wait for the ring :)

Aaron,

Demsey, having finally changed his outlook on moderated forums, was looking in the old archives for links to members that had posted their music abilities on vids on the internet, he was referring to a post in the Looney Bin at this thread link "What was your First Concert" that he resurrected from a year ago and made reference to your drum videos.

Yeah, the ring looks great, will be nice to flash that on the hand at F2F GTGs whenever one year an RWGer drops by Maui again or I travel abroad one day when the economy recovers.

Regards,

Omni

Received my ring today. What is your preferance? RWG facing the pinkey or the middle finger?

Does it really matter?

Good news my friend...lets have a pic ;)

Personally I would have the RWG feet facing your pinky, this way when you pick up your beer glass the others in the pub will be able to read it. :D

Ken

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I was hoping to add my own pic's here but unfortunately my daughter had an urgent need for the batteries out of my camera for one of her toys, so that's going to become a 'to do' thing.

Anyway I received my ring a couple of days ago but I have been to busy to update on this.

When I look at this ring it is with mixed emotions, for a start it is indeed a nice looking ring and as such everything I had hoped for, it is certainly far better than anything else you would ever buy for 25 bucks, even 50 bucks if you want to count the RWG donation part, also it will become a rare and collectible item for those of us that love this place.

The mixed emotions part comes from what this ring has put me through, from the time I had the money ripped off through Paypal right up to the moment kruzer00 received them in the USA has been a rough journey which at one time brought me very close to resigning from the Admin team.

What has made the whole thing bearable is the good people of RWG so I just want to take a moment to offer thanks to them here.

For a start there is kruzer00 who took on the distribution of these rings even though he has a very hectic work schedule which see's him flying in and out of the country on a regular basis.

TeeJay (the father of the ring) who not only designed the logo but also suggested the stone that was incorporated.

Omni who very early in the piece not only let me know his strong belief and support of this project but also personally paid for the ring of every Admin member.

The A team, who not only put up with the shit when it hit the fan but also bailed me out when I was still struggling to raise all the funds. This debt still has not been repaid but not one of them have made mention of it yet.

LordRasta (where are you S?) who not only put down the first payment for his ring but that of our Admin's and another forum buddies too. Get in contact with me you have at least earned you ring.

Then of course there are all of the members who's support never waived throughout the long Months, I wont name any as I fear some may be left off but without you guy's I truly don't know if I could have seen this to completion.

Finally just a short note to all those who put down their first payments but have not so far followed up with their second....get in quick you don't know what you are missing.

Thanks

Ken

Ken, you deserve all the credit for the origination of the idea and carry-through, as all things commissioned in the name of RWG, it seems whatever can go wrong will go wrong. I did not want to see this go the path of the Collaboration 1 Watch so I was happy to help a lending hand and opportunity to give a gift to all the great moderators of the forum. Thanks again Ken for your time and effort in bringing the project to fruition.

The true measure of "Leadership" .. is the way the Leaders answered the call in the face of adversity !!

the "ring" was not my primary objective, it was just a means to an end to help support this community that Ken and Kruzer and the rest of the Admin Team , and LR.... keep safe for us all ! So that the actual object of the "donation" is on it's way is just icing on the RWG cake for me !!..

Thank you to all you great leaders of our Community for the endless effort !!

And to Omni .. you make me PROUD to know that one of the .. "Kupuna" .. (Elders) of this Froum hails from the Hawaiin Islands !! You make our membership from the Islands filled with "Team Pride"..

Aloha~Cheers

L