When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

It just occurred to me that it is Friday

freddy333

Good eye, but the os is BSD.

I had a coin-toss between Linux and BSD, and I got it wrong. Damn. I knew it wasn't OSX as they removed Sendmail for Postfix, and Solaris's top is different. You upgraded to FreeBSD7?

Ok, I have to get out of bed and pick a watch for today.

fxr, stay safe out there my friend... and keep that watch safe too... you need to build me one that is just like it...

I got back home on tuesday night, that is why i am able to post photos again, the connection i had out there, it used to take 10 min to load a page, it was worse then my first dial up connection.

The bad news as you all know i use my phone to take photos, well where i was, phones were not allowed to be even turned on so i only took the one photo.

I had a coin-toss between Linux and BSD, and I got it wrong. Damn. I knew it wasn't OSX as they removed Sendmail for Postfix, and Solaris's top is different. You upgraded to FreeBSD7?

No & it may be awhile before we upgrade. Our mail server is running 6.3 &, with some embarrassment I have to admit that we are still running 4.11 on our web server. The guy who handled our server updates left, unexpectedly, & he/we had major headaches (including nearly a week of downtime) the last time we did a major version upgrade on our web server. You?

Saturday

octodweller1.jpg

No & it may be awhile before we upgrade. Our mail server is running 6.3 &, with some embarrassment I have to admit that we are still running 4.11 on our web server. The guy who handled our server updates left, unexpectedly, & he/we had major headaches (including nearly a week of downtime) the last time we did a major version upgrade on our web server. You?

I've been a FreeBSD user since 4.nn, but I have to use Linux (Fedora and Centos) at work. Centos is my second favourite server OS just behind FreeBSD. Obviously, it's MacOSX on the desktop, as its BSD-ness just feels right to me.

... and I've had fault-free BSD upgrades (upgrading from source is the only way) from 4 to 6. I've not got a BSD server currently, so I've not upgraded to 7 yet.

ps. Nice watch. ;)

I've been a FreeBSD user since 4.nn, but I have to use Linux (Fedora and Centos) at work. Centos is my second favourite server OS just behind FreeBSD. Obviously, it's MacOSX on the desktop, as its BSD-ness just feels right to me.

... and I've had fault-free BSD upgrades (upgrading from source is the only way) from 4 to 6. I've not got a BSD server currently, so I've not upgraded to 7 yet.

ps. Nice watch. ;)

Thanks. I dabbled with Linux (wrote some early help guides) very early on (pre 1.0 kernel), but have not been involved or had much time to dabble in *nix recently. Unfortunately, unlike bicycles, if you stop riding for long enough, you forget how to get back on. :blink: We run a number of proprietary scripts on our web server that need recompiling after every upgrade, which, in addition to the general foibles we tend to run into with major os updates, is the main reason I had relinquished the reigns to someone with significantly more experience than I currently have. Since the guy left, we have been just floating along following the if it ain't broke axiom.