When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

US Dollars are now Strong

pammo13

The Dollar is strong against the pound which makes it an issue for UK guys but the doller is not the same against other International currencies so don't expect the price of reps to fall any time soon if ever!

I will not be buying any reps until the pound strengthens considerably. Glad I ordered my WM9 Yachtie when I did as it would be a very high priced rep now!! :o

The prices of reps would not be high if dealers would stop raping the membership on prices.

The profit dealers make off 1 watch sale ($100+ profit per watch) is equal to 1 months salary on the low end of the scale and 1/3 of a months salary on the high end of the average monthly salary in China.

You will hear "but the cost of replication" "but the cost of the genuine" etc..etc... but a recent project that I'm close to that will be released in 1Q 2009 and uses a far more expensive movement will cost on average of $25 per watch to make with materials purchased for a 5000 unit run.

This project will pay for itself after 358 sales... all sales of the existing 4642 units would be virtual profit. Errors and most likely a shortened run could decrease this 4642 unit production down to 2000.. but as you can see... the makers of this and their middlemen and their cartel will eventually make a huge massive profit.

Add selling clone movements as genuine ETA and taking 200% extra profit..etc.. etc.. and an endless list of white lies they are allowed to get away with and you quickly find that the USD means jack in the whole scheme of things.

Couldn't agree more Daytona4me. He's saying it how it is.

About 6 months after I got into reps, a friend of mine who lives in Guangzhou told me in confidence how much these reps really cost. The net profit the dealers are making on these reps is unbelievable.

New dealers who come into the rep game are reluctant to start selling at massively discounted prices because they see how high these reps are selling for, from the likes of the more established dealers.

How many people would say no to making a whole months salary from the sale of 1 rep...

Couldn't agree more Daytona4me. He's saying it how it is.

About 6 months after I got into reps, a friend of mine who lives in Guangzhou told me in confidence how much these reps really cost. The net profit the dealers are making on these reps is unbelievable.

New dealers who come into the rep game are reluctant to start selling at massively discounted prices because they see how high these reps are selling for, from the likes of the more established dealers.

How many people would say no to making a whole months salary from the sale of 1 rep...

I put this in another post somewhere (can't find it) but I did a very conservative income breakdown and basically found that even using very, very, very conservative numbers, a dealer would easily break $500K-$1 Million USD a year in pure profit....in China!? Hugeeeeeeeeeee money.

I put this in another post somewhere (can't find it) but I did a very conservative income breakdown and basically found that even using very, very, very conservative numbers, a dealer would easily break $500K-$1 Million USD a year in pure profit....in China!? Hugeeeeeeeeeee money.

This is HUGE money for them. They can live the life of a multi-millionaire in China, with that kind of money, I'm not kidding.

If I remember correctly, one of my roomates at my halls at University, who is from China, told me that his mother who is a fully qualified accountant, earns about

Yes... Daytona4me is ABSOLUTELY right!

Hmm we love some dealers here, we love their services, we love their decency , shouldn't we start question their prices now that the dollar is stronger? I mean, even oil prices are squeezed because of stronger dollar (and low demand) , shouldnt the reps follow a bit? Just wondering....

I've wondered the same about the price of gas :)

Oil futures go up, next day gas prices are up - oil futures go down, takes a few weeks to get to the gas stations :)

Weak Dollar, was mostly [censored] - and they aren't going to give back profit they are making - unless there is a mass market dealer that will challenge the prices and provide good service - and exactly what is the incentive?

I love this thread...

But in all honesty as much as i wish we could make the change start rioting or the rep watch revolution, we won't. So what 30 people post here saying they have or will stop buying reps at $400.00 a pop..

Around the corner we have 10k users happily waiting in line to pay $500-$1000 for the same chunk of steel.

Sad but true.

The weakening dollar was another white lie and we ate it up like birthday cake, soon it will be another price hike becasue the Euro or the pound is weak.

I now for a fact this boards are important for sellers so why does not the creators of this type boards use their power?

I do remember the reason for this boards to protect us from scammers but as it is last 2 years this has not been the case..

the exchange rate doesn't seem to affect the dealers. for ex;

i recently bought from PT in the UK. before he was listing prices in pounds.

now that the dollar is stronger he simply switched to pricing in USD. i wouldn't expect any across

the board drop in prices. even the recent severe economic conditions haven't caused any drop that i can tell.

These forums are 2-3% of the replica sales.. worldwide..

High End replica watches (we call them super replicas..etc..) are 2-3% of the replicas made..

These forums make up 70-80% of the High End replica sales...

Why do dealers sell these high end replicas if they only make up such a small percent produced and supplies such a small segment of the worlds replica buyers?? SERIOUSLY... ask your self that question!

Answer: BECAUSE THERE IS BIG MONEY IN IT!

Now time to go on a field trip... go look at all of the dealers websites listed here on RWG and elsewhere... tell me if you find junk replicas or are they high end models? Our dealers may sell the junk stuff elsewhere... but the big money... (OUR MONEY) comes from US (not U.S. but rather US = forum). Take the theory that the replica forums are a small percentage of a dealers income and throw it out the window, I know better now...

These forums are 2-3% of the replica sales.. worldwide..

High End replica watches (we call them super replicas..etc..) are 2-3% of the replicas made..

These forums make up 70-80% of the High End replica sales...

Why do dealers sell these high end replicas if they only make up such a small percent produced and supplies such a small segment of the worlds replica buyers?? SERIOUSLY... ask your self that question!

Answer: BECAUSE THERE IS BIG MONEY IN IT!

Now time to go on a field trip... go look at all of the dealers websites listed here on RWG and elsewhere... tell me if you find junk replicas or are they high end models? Our dealers may sell the junk stuff elsewhere... but the big money... (OUR MONEY) comes from US (not U.S. but rather US = forum). Take the theory that the replica forums are a small percentage of a dealers income and throw it out the window, I know better now...

:good:

ah, you schmocks, you deserve no better (most of you).

I still remember all of you defending, Josh, Andrew and whonot. Now you are whining like little kids who just discovered that the nice man in the van who lured you into the car with promises of cotton candy and funny stories is not so nice, but rather a man with a huge penis!