When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Sorry guys, but I need to vent...

TeeJay

Sounds like the guy is a douche and I hope he stays out of your life.

I just have to add that I am constantly amazed at the little regard people (invitees) give to the effort that goes into planning a wedding. For gods sake, it's not easy to plan a wedding (making sure the right people are invited, are sat in the right spot, have the right food and drink, etc.). Why can't they just be happy and show up with a friggen smile!?... for one day!! They're getting free food and drink and they still find a reason to be a pain.

I agree with the previous post, concentrate on making it a day to remember for YOU and your bride. It's all about YOU and HER (be really selfish that day, you deserve it).

My personal favorite would be to put a paper bag full of the brown stuff on his doormat. Put a match to it, Ring the doorbell and run. He comes out and stamps out the fire ;) ...............He has a shoe covered in poo poo, you get your gratis.

Or you could have done with it and just lay him out. It never ceases to amaze me the effect a good crack on the jaw can have. <_<

BVC.

Sadly, he lives too far away for the bag-trick to really work, and laying him out would just get me in trouble :lol: Even though he knows that he's due an ass-kicking, he's the kind of pussy to run to the law, rather than accepting that he had it coming and taking it like a man... Oh well. He's going to get his comeuppance one way or another ;)

+1 for all of this from me.

Concentrate on making it a day to remember for all the right reasons, not all the wrong ones. Enjoy!

Thanks :) I think drawing a line in the sand and moving on is the best way to go with this :)

Sounds like the guy is a douche and I hope he stays out of your life.

I just have to add that I am constantly amazed at the little regard people (invitees) give to the effort that goes into planning a wedding. For gods sake, it's not easy to plan a wedding (making sure the right people are invited, are sat in the right spot, have the right food and drink, etc.). Why can't they just be happy and show up with a friggen smile!?... for one day!! They're getting free food and drink and they still find a reason to be a pain.

I agree with the previous post, concentrate on making it a day to remember for YOU and your bride. It's all about YOU and HER (be really selfish that day, you deserve it).

He is, it's hard to explain just how much of one he really is. It's hard to believe that someone could actually behave as he does, but, he's the proof that it's possible...

Indeed, it'll be a good day, even better for his absence :)

And if you consider yourself skilled in that art there few people on this forum who I (and my circle of immediate friends here) feel might benefit from something like that. I'm sure we would all be willing to create a nice pool of funds for you to draw from so that you could be well compensated for providing such a valuable service to us...

Or you could have done with it and just lay him out. It never ceases to amaze me the effect a good crack on the jaw can have. <_<

BVC.

Teejay,

i forgot to wish a very nice day and my advise enjoy it to the max because the day will be over before you even noticed it.

Carpe Diem

Cats

Thanks, I'm sure it will be a great day, I'll be sure to post some non-indentifying photos after the event :) (I've already seen what can happen when people post personal photos online, only to have them used for shits and giggles :lol: )

life goes on

in-laws are the price ya pay for a lifetime soulmate

I pay it gladly :)

No, don't as that may actually make him turn up and turn it into his day.

Just walk away from it. He's out of your life; don't get sucked into whatever issues he has. It simply isn't your problem any more.

Exactly.

You can't stop people from acting like douchbags, you can only stop caring when they do. You gotta reduce your expectations to zero with some people or you will just get ticked off a lot. It isn't worth it.

Enjoy the wedding and forget about the loser.

Exactly.

You can't stop people from acting like douchbags, you can only stop caring when they do. You gotta reduce your expectations to zero with some people or you will just get ticked off a lot. It isn't worth it.

Enjoy the wedding and forget about the loser.

Thanks, bro, that's the plan B)

And if you consider yourself skilled in that art there few people on this forum who I (and my circle of immediate friends here) feel might benefit from something like that. I'm sure we would all be willing to create a nice pool of funds for you to draw from so that you could be well compensated for providing such a valuable service to us...

If I had found you guys 10 years ago I would have gladly offered my services, sadly though, with a wife, 3 little boys and a stint at "hmp" I am trying to mend my ways and show the boys a better life. Dont get me wrong, bring it to me and someone is going down ;) but i have come to realize you cant take out every idiot in life. However this guy needs dealing with imo. I think a very private, very quiet, very serious word would be in order.

On a softer note. Why not hire the comedy boxing ring and gloves at the reception, invite him to "play" and just "accidently" knock his teeth out?

BVC.

If I had found you guys 10 years ago I would have gladly offered my services, sadly though, with a wife, 3 little boys and a stint at "hmp" I am trying to mend my ways and show the boys a better life. Dont get me wrong, bring it to me and someone is going down ;) but i have come to realize you cant take out every idiot in life. However this guy needs dealing with imo. I think a very private, very quiet, very serious word would be in order.

On a softer note. Why not hire the comedy boxing ring and gloves at the reception, invite him to "play" and just "accidently" knock his teeth out?

BVC.

I think that's most likely what will eventually transpire, if he ever makes the attempt to contact us in the future.

Thanks for the input and support, it's much appreciated :)

First, congrats...I hope that the vision and joy of the day have/will not be shaken by this awful situation.

It sounds like you have been a pure gentleman throughout and that your karma points remain positive. I have some crazy family members and occasionally have to step back, take stock and ensure I am conducting myself at a higher level. Serenity now, rinse and repeat...

Your feelings aside for a second, I worry about your wife. Doesnt sound like this will be one of those things thats swept under the rug. A jacka** indeed, but still a player in an event with much long-term, emotional gravity.

First, congrats...I hope that the vision and joy of the day have/will not be shaken by this awful situation.

It sounds like you have been a pure gentleman throughout and that your karma points remain positive. I have some crazy family members and occasionally have to step back, take stock and ensure I am conducting myself at a higher level. Serenity now, rinse and repeat...

Your feelings aside for a second, I worry about your wife. Doesnt sound like this will be one of those things thats swept under the rug. A jacka** indeed, but still a player in an event with much long-term, emotional gravity.

You're quite right, it's not an easy thing for her, but, it is a situation that has been a long-time coming. Her biological father has always treated her like dirt, and subjected her to any number of mind-games on the occasions they did see each other. For example, we always used to go over for Boxing Day, and, although such an event should be a good family time, he would never pass up the opportunity to make some kind of sly dig at her mother, or step-father, who of course, is the man who has actually raised her and paid for her and supporter her at every turn. Of course, it would be easy to have called him out in front of his own inlaws and family, but that would do nothing, as chances are they would not believe that he could actually be such a despicable failure of a human being.

Bearing that in mind, she's always known that the time would come where she would have to write him out of her life, the only thing which was not set, was the circumstances which would be the catalyst for the inevitable outcome...

Indeed, I've done all I can to be whiter than white in this situation. I've always been courteous and civil towards him, even to the point of biting my tongue when I could easily have just let rip and verbally brought him down a peg or two. He likes to imagine himself as some 'master manipulator', and, to a degree, yes, he is very manipulative. However, to use chess as an analogy, his 'level' is around that of playing chequers (and not even managing to get a 'double jump' on someone ) where in order to protect my wife's interests over this issue, I've had to be like Deep Blue with the scenario :lol:

On a positive note, her wedding ring arrived today, is a perfect fit, and looks awesome with her engagement ring :)

It sounds like you have been a pure gentleman throughout and that your karma points remain positive. I have some crazy family members and occasionally have to step back, take stock and ensure I am conducting myself at a higher level. Serenity now, rinse and repeat...Your feelings aside for a second, I worry about your wife. Doesnt sound like this will be one of those things thats swept under the rug. A jacka** indeed, but still a player in an event with much long-term, emotional gravity.

Gonna try and apply this advice in my own life.

True words of wisdom. In the real world, I know its the only way forward. B)

BVC.

Edited by bvc