When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Brain Teaser Game!

cornerstone

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A horse travels a certain distace each day. Strangely enough, two of its legs travel 30 km each day and the other two legs travel 31 km. It would seem that two of the horse's legs must be almost a km ahead of the other two legs, but of course this is not the case. Since the horse is quite normal, how is this situation possible?

102913-25822.jpg

The very first winner of the Melbourne Cup :3a:

Ken

WINNER!! It rode the 1000km from Nowra to Melboure too and then back again - none of this lightweight 'horse box' malarkey. ;)

102934-25820.jpg

Are you sure it wasn't just a limo horse?

Okay....winner!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

What is the next letter in the following sequence?

O T T F F S S

WINNER!! It rode the 1000km from Nowra to Melboure too and then back again - none of this lightweight 'horse box' malarkey. ;)

Are you sure it wasn't just a limo horse?

Okay....winner!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

What is the next letter in the following sequence?

O T T F F S S

E...that would be the eigth letter...letters are the initals of their place in the sequence...I think :whistling:

E...that would be the eigth letter...letters are the initals of their place in the sequence...I think :whistling:

WINNER!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

It's getting harder and harder to find questions that aren't basically a rehash of earlier ones....

At 7am a train moving 90 kph leaves Birmingham heading for London. A 8am a train running 110 kph leaves London heading for Birmingham. Which train will be closer to London when they meet? :g:

At 7am a train moving 90 kph leaves Birmingham heading for London. A 8am a train running 110 kph leaves London heading for Birmingham. Which train will be closer to London when they meet? :g:

Contrary to the usual answer they'll be the same distance, I'm going to have to go with the train from London will be closer as meeting is when the fronts touch the same plane and the back-end of the London train will be closer.

Contrary to the usual answer they'll be the same distance, I'm going to have to go with the train from London will be closer as meeting is when the fronts touch the same plane and the back-end of the London train will be closer.

Okay, fair enough. The card says they'll be the same but you make a good point. And since these are British trains having two working at once is a bit hypothetical anyway. :bleh:

This is one for the night...

If a third of six is three, what would half of twenty be? Explain.

(That first bit isn't a mistake).

If a third of six is three, what would half of twenty be? Explain.

(That first bit isn't a mistake).

Fifteen.

It´s a little confusing to find new definitions... Just figure what three is one third of, which is nine. You know that half of twenty is ten and therefore ten is one third of thirty. So, if three is one third of six, fifteen must be half of twenty.

Good night... :yawn:

WINNER!! :thumbsupsmileyanim: Yes 15 is the answer.

Sheesh - practically 24 hours between questions. I don't know who is asking the questions around here but he's rubbish! ;)

Oh, wait - bugger! :blush:

What five-letter word becomes shorter when you add two letters to it? :yu:

Come on Cornerstone... ;):whistling:

Answer is SHORT...to get a new question...

Hehehe...that was just a warm up!! WINNER! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Arthur claimed that while on an African safari hunting a vicious lion, he slipped and broke his foot. Not to be put off, he managed to continue on long enough to track the lion and kill it. Then he said he was at the North Pole during the dead of winter, he caught a terrible cold, but was still able to track and kill a polar bear. Then, to top it off, while in a small boat off the coast of Florida, he was able to catch and land a shark, in spite of the fact that his arm was badly sprained. Although Arthur's tales are hard to believe, on what point do you know he's lying?

Hehehe...that was just a warm up!! WINNER! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Arthur claimed that while on an African safari hunting a vicious lion, he slipped and broke his foot. Not to be put off, he managed to continue on long enough to track the lion and kill it. Then he said he was at the North Pole during the dead of winter, he caught a terrible cold, but was still able to track and kill a polar bear. Then, to top it off, while in a small boat off the coast of Florida, he was able to catch and land a shark, in spite of the fact that his arm was badly sprained. Although Arthur's tales are hard to believe, on what point do you know he's lying?

OK. All other contestants have server problems or are sleeping... :whistling:

There are lions in Africa that he could have killed. There are polar bears at the North Pole he could have murdered and there are definetely sharks ( I´ve seen even bullsharks ) around the coast of Florida that he could have catched.

The one thing that must be wrong is that he caught a terrible cold, because in winter at Noth Pole it is too cold for germs causing the cold...

I'll go along with Melvin here, I remember as a child when a topic was discussed about the North Pole the issue of the Inuit coming in contact with civilization came up and there were fears that when that happened that the race would be in danger as they had never been exposed to the common cold.

Just gotta say Puggy, Melvin, Iron and of course cornerstone, I have very much enjoyed this meeting of minds (if you will) and I note with a tinge of saddness that cornerstones cards can't last forever, so before they run out.....Thanks for the ride fellas :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Ken

Just gotta say Puggy, Melvin, Iron and of course cornerstone, I have very much enjoyed this meeting of minds (if you will) and I note with a tinge of saddness that cornerstones cards can't last forever, so before they run out.....Thanks for the ride fellas :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Ken

Yes, it is really fun to take part in in this game. It has become a kind of daily ritual for me... :)

But if ever Cornerstones cards run out, I have a few questions left. So we can luckily make it up to 1000 posts... :whistling:

Sounds good!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

WINNER@Melvin - yes it is too cold for the cold virus to survive!

Sam and Ted were sitting at the bar at the Waldorf Astoria, and each ordered a double scotch. Sam bet Ted $1 that he could put a bowl over Ted's scotch and then drink it without touching, directly or indirectly, the bowl, the scotch glass, or the bar. And, Sam added, "I will not have anyone or anything assist me." Is this a good bet for Ted to take and why?

Yes, it is really fun to take part in in this game. It has become a kind of daily ritual for me... :)

I've been trying to take a back seat recently as I have time zone and a direct feed to the forum on my side, but I have appreciated it.

Maybe I'll be forced to answer some anyway.

Sam and Ted were sitting at the bar at the Waldorf Astoria, and each ordered a double scotch. Sam bet Ted $1 that he could put a bowl over Ted's scotch and then drink it without touching, directly or indirectly, the bowl, the scotch glass, or the bar. And, Sam added, "I will not have anyone or anything assist me." Is this a good bet for Ted to take and why?

Scotch costs more than $1.