When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Brain Teaser Game!

cornerstone

WINNER!!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

This question, I'm sure, will bring back happy team building / management courses for everyone :rolleyes:

A man, his wife and their two sons come to a river they wish to cross. They find a rowboat on the river bank; however the boat can only carry a maximum of 68 kg at a time. Both the man and the woman weigh 66 kg each. Their sons each weigh 34 kg. How will they get across the river using the boat, and how many trips will it take.

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This question, I'm sure, will bring back happy team building / management courses for everyone :rolleyes:

A man, his wife and their two sons come to a river they wish to cross. They find a rowboat on the river bank; however the boat can only carry a maximum of 68 kg at a time. Both the man and the woman weigh 66 kg each. Their sons each weigh 34 kg. How will they get across the river using the boat, and how many trips will it take.

2 boys out

1 boy back

mother out

1 boy back

2 boys out

1 boy back

father out

1 boy back

2 boys out

9 trips

2 boys out

1 boy back

mother out

1 boy back

2 boys out

1 boy back

father out

1 boy back

2 boys out

9 trips

Yes, badly phrased question. I think it meant how many round trips, which is five, but you are exactly correct. WINNER!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Captain Frank was passing through a small town whn he decided to get a haircut. There was only one barber shop in town, and it employed two barbers. One of the barbers had a nice, neatly trimmed head of hair, and the other looked like it had been cut with a pair of hedge clippers. Which of the two barbers should Captain Frank choose and why? :victory:

Captain Frank was passing through a small town whn he decided to get a haircut. There was only one barber shop in town, and it employed two barbers. One of the barbers had a nice, neatly trimmed head of hair, and the other looked like it had been cut with a pair of hedge clippers. Which of the two barbers should Captain Frank choose and why? :victory:

Take the one with bad haircut since he was the one who cut for the other barber with good haircut.

On the other hand, if it was so bad, he might be better off cutting his owns using mirror. :bleh:

Take the one with bad haircut since he was the one who cut for the other barber with good haircut.

On the other hand, if it was so bad, he might be better off cutting his owns using mirror. :bleh:

That was also the last of the regular cards! :o There were many that I was too lazy to type up (long questions) but I might scan them if I ever find the time.

However there are plenty of questions out there!! :thumbsupsmileyanim: BTG lives!!

109033-24360.gif

A cylinder 126 cm high has a circumference of 24 cm. A string makes exactly 7 complete turns round the cylinder while its two ends touch the cylinder's top and bottom. How long is the string in cm? :g:

A cylinder 126 cm high has a circumference of 24 cm. A string makes exactly 7 complete turns round the cylinder while its two ends touch the cylinder's top and bottom. How long is the string in cm?

I actually had to go back to basics for this. Pythagoras and everything! :blink:

210cm

I dunno, he normally goes surfing with Harold Holt around this time of year :unsure:

I don´t know if this is the right answer, but I´ll keep this game up with some new questions... ;)

Picture three boxes containing fruit. The first box is marked "cherries", the second box is marked "bananas", and the third box is marked "cherries and bananas". Each of the boxes is labeled incorrectly. How could you label each box correctly if you were allowed to select only one fruit from one of the boxes?

I don´t know if this is the right answer, but I´ll keep this game up with some new questions... ;)

Picture three boxes containing fruit. The first box is marked "cherries", the second box is marked "bananas", and the third box is marked "cherries and bananas". Each of the boxes is labeled incorrectly. How could you label each box correctly if you were allowed to select only one fruit from one of the boxes?

Assume Cherries, Bananas and Oranges. You know oranges as it's what's in the C&B box.

C&B=Oranges

C=Bananas

B=Cherries.

If it's not that, I don't understand. :D

Basis: All boxes are incorrectly labeled.

Pick a fruit from the 3rd box labeled Cherries and Bananas.

- if the fruit is cherry, then this box is Cherries. The Bananas labeld (2nd) box is Cherries and Bananas. The Cherries labeled (1st) box is Bananas.

- If you get banana, then this box is Bananas. The Cherries labeled (1st) is Cherries and Bananas. The Bananas labeled (2nd) is Cherries.

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

Ann purchased a house for $ 161072. She wants to sell it for a profit of exactly 11%. However, she does not want to sell it herself. She wants a Real Estate Agent to sell it for her. The Agent must make a commission of exactly 5.9% (in addition to Ann's 11% profit). How much must the Agent sell the house for? Give your answer to the nearest dollar.

Ann purchased a house for $ 161072. She wants to sell it for a profit of exactly 11%. However, she does not want to sell it herself. She wants a Real Estate Agent to sell it for her. The Agent must make a commission of exactly 5.9% (in addition to Ann's 11% profit). How much must the Agent sell the house for? Give your answer to the nearest dollar.

If the agent wants 5.9% on top of everything including Ann's 11% profit, the the selling is $189339.

Basis: All boxes are incorrectly labeled.

Pick a fruit from the 3rd box labeled Cherries and Bananas.

- if the fruit is cherry, then this box is Cherries. The Bananas labeld (2nd) box is Cherries and Bananas. The Cherries labeled (1st) box is Bananas.

- If you get banana, then this box is Bananas. The Cherries labeled (1st) is Cherries and Bananas. The Bananas labeled (2nd) is Cherries.

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

And that´s terribly CORRECT !!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I see that our quizmaster found some new questions.... ;)

Would it be worth pointing out that the commission is a percentage of the selling price, and the profit a percentage of the purchase price?

Here's a daft question to keep us going (did we have this already?)

Would you rather a crocodile attack you or an alligator? :g:

By giving this hint I would say it´s 189.999,91 => 190.000. Otherwise Pug was already right in my eyes...

And for the new question I have to go back to school and practice some Australian - English... :whistling:

Edited by melvin.x