When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Brain Teaser Game!

cornerstone

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for helping with the boundaries....

Then I would have to say an Hourglass...lots of grains of sand.

Well, I'll let Melvin call it, but it looks good, and it sounds good! ;):thumbsupsmileyanim:

The Amazing Dave, the famous magician, claims that when he is in the far north, he can point his car north on an ordinary road, drive it for one mile, and without turning around, end up one mile south of where he started. How does he do it? :sorcerer:

EDIT:spelling

Edited by cornerstone

The Amazing Dave, the famous magician, claims that when he is in the far north, he can point his car north on an ordinary road, drive it for one mile, and without turning around, end up one mile south of where he started. How does he do it?

He pionts his car north, uses the reverse gear ( hope this is the word for it ) drives a mile and then drives forward again.

And no - I do not have the same cards... ;)

He points his car north, uses the reverse gear ( hope this is the word for it ) drives a mile and then drives forward again.

I don't even think he needs to drive forward again - he just reverses! WINNER!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

By the way this is an open game - nobody is hijacking it by asking questions, it's just a laugh. Go for it! Personally I'm quite pleased to be using these board game cards that have sat in a cupboard for five years! ;)

There is a town in Australia where 5% of all the people living in the town have ex-directory phone numbers. If you selected 100 names at random from the town's phone directory, on average, how many of these people selected would have ex-directory phone numbers? :victory:

I'm assuming that ex-directory means an unlisted number.

If that's the correct assumption, then 0 would have ex-directory numbers if you randomly pulled them from the directory

Too, too sharp!! WINNER!! :king:

Mel N Colly stared though the soot-smeared window on the 26th floor of the office tower. Overcome with depression he slid the window open and jumped through it. It was a sheer drop outside the building to the ground. Miraculously after he landed he was completely unhurt. Since there was nothing to cushion his fall or slow his descent, how could he have survived?

To the comma. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Well done Puggie.

Even though the man was a Tory, an unforgivabl;e crime usually, you pretty much have to acknowledge he's one of the all-time finest politicians. Honest, well-spoken and drunk, he makes todays spun mouthpieces look like rank amateurs. You don't win the Nobel Prize for literature by being stupid, for instance, and as an orator he is possibly without equal in the last century.

Even though the man was a Tory, an unforgivabl;e crime usually, you pretty much have to acknowledge he's one of the all-time finest politicians. Honest, well-spoken and drunk, he makes todays spun mouthpieces look like rank amateurs. You don't win the Nobel Prize for literature by being stupid, for instance, and as an orator he is possibly without equal in the last century.

Agreed on every single point! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

How many memorable speeches have Blurr and Boosh made?

JTB

How many memorable speeches have Blurr and Boosh made?

Bush has made a few very memorable speeches:

"There's an old saying in Tennessee -- I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee -- that says, fool me once -- shame on -- shame on you. You fool me, you can't get fooled again."

"You're working hard to put food on your family."

"I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully."

No-one will be forgetting them in a hurry. :D