When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Brain Teaser Game!

cornerstone

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wot’s my prize?

JTB

Well fine sir, for you we have...two tickets...

97075-27090.jpg97075-27091.jpg

And, of course, had you actually got the answer right, I would have also given you the Tardis that goes with them! ;)

A wine glass will expand more evenly and not crack.

And to Pugwsh, the Tardis. Well almost...

97075-27092.jpg

Because glass conducts heat poorly, the thicker glass starts expanding unevenly, one side faster than the other.

While I find another question, this one is still out there. It's even multiple choice. And it's not (a).

Under what conditions would a rope be most likely to break?

a. 20 men of equal strength with 10 pulling on each end.

b. 10 of the same men pulling on one end and the other end being fastened to a tree.

c. It makes no difference

Well fine sir, for you we have...two tickets...

97086-27086.jpg97086-27087.jpg

And, of course, had you actually got the answer right, I would have also given you the Tardis that goes with them! ;)

No matter laddie cos I was actually at the second one (1975) - Row A in the stalls and got to meet the boys that night as well - outside the Albany Hotel.

Ah the memories!

JTB

No matter laddie cos I was actually at the second one (1975) - Row A in the stalls and got to meet the boys that night as well - outside the Albany Hotel.

Ah the memories!

JTB

:Jumpy: Let's just say I had a hunch. ;) The avatar helped. :lol:

Very cool! Ah, 1975. The haircuts. The shoes. The troosers.

Hardy has only got the pillow cases. i.e. nowt inside them.

JTB

:thumbsupsmileyanim: WINNER!

And you find out that cornerstone was sitting in row E in the stalls 30 years later.............ships in the night. :o

Ken

Not quite! I was a bit wee for The Who concerts in 1975. Still, I did a fine job of raging around, screaming at the top of my lungs and smashing stuff up. So maybe in spirit I was there. ;)

This is a bit different:

Often talked of, never seen,

Ever coming, never been,

Daily looked for, never here,

Still approaching, coming near.

Thousands for it's visit wait

But alas for their fate,

Tho' they expect me to appear,

They will never find me here.

What is the poem about?

And no, it's not my ex's libido.

:Jumpy: Let's just say I had a hunch. ;) The avatar helped. :lol:

Very cool! Ah, 1975. The haircuts. The shoes. The troosers.

:thumbsupsmileyanim: WINNER!

Not quite! I was a bit wee for The Who concerts in 1975. Still, I did a fine job of raging around, screaming at the top of my lungs and smashing stuff up. So maybe in spirit I was there. ;)

This is a bit different:

Often talked of, never seen,

Ever coming, never been,

Daily looked for, never here,

Still approaching, coming near.

Thousands for it's visit wait

But alas for their fate,

Tho' they expect me to appear,

They will never find me here.

What is the poem about?

And no, it's not my ex's libido.

TOMORROW?

And apologies...tomorrow is how long it took me to reply! (sometimes I think there is a detector in my chair linked to a buzzer and flashing light in the baby's room, I sit down, "waaaaaaaa").

Aye, joint winners on that one I think - it could be a lot of things, couldn't it? But the answer was 'tomorrow'.

WINNERS! :thumbs:

Again, this is a bit different:

John F Kennedy was the youngest person elected to the presidency. How did it come about that he was the second-youngest man to hold this office?

I just got back from an interview, so I've missed a few.

Ken is right about TR. McKinley was assassinated by an anarchist, so TR took the reins.

Oh, on the rope thing, as Ken said, C is right because either way, only 10 men worth of force is on either side of the rope.

I just got back from an interview, so I've missed a few.

Ken is right about TR. McKinley was assassinated by an anarchist, so TR took the reins.

Oh, on the rope thing, as Ken said, C is right because either way, only 10 men worth of force is on either side of the rope.

Right, and right!! Hope the interview went well! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Every Tuesday evening Hardy Pyle drives up to his cottage to visit his wife. On these weekly visits he drops off the clean clothes and picks up the dirty laundry. Since Mrs Pyle changes her underwear each morning, what is the minimum number of underwear she can own? :blink:

The easy answer would be 7 but that would only cover the knickers add the bra's and it's 14 then corset's (?) and it's 21 and slips brings it up to 28 and then there is any number of womens frilly bits that I have forgotten :blink:

Ken

Yeah yeah Hardy takes a weeks worth with him and she still needs knickers until his return......................why don't I read these things more carefully.............and it wouldn't happen if Hardy would just visit his wife every night like the rest of us guys do.

Ken

Every Tuesday evening Hardy Pyle drives up to his cottage to visit his wife. On these weekly visits he drops off the clean clothes and picks up the dirty laundry. Since Mrs Pyle changes her underwear each morning, what is the minimum number of underwear she can own? :blink:

14 'underwear'. He washes 7, she wears 7