When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Received my WM9 V2 Z-Serial today

Tribal

Today I received the V2 WM9 Submariner.....

It looks good in my opinion, CG's are better shaped from factory now,

but they are a bit too long....

Also the Crown is a bit oversized....

dsc016033478573lt8.jpg

dsc016013460947wu9.jpg

The Dial looks good,also the Lume is great on this one....

dsc015862747174fo7.jpg

dsc016063527952ue4.jpg

dsc016073538511oj0.jpg

But there are no Serif Minute Markers like on the Noob Dial

Print is really crisp

Date numbers looking also good....

dsc016003448717vh6.jpg

The Insert is the best Rep one I have seen...

dsc015892820139tq7.jpg

dsc015882765754ze9.jpg

Now here are some Pics of the Movement :o

What a small movement!

dsc015912921242jk3.jpg

dsc015932936947wc5.jpg

I can't tell you if this is a Real ETA.....

Now here a comparsion of the Crowns

dsc016083548316tj8.jpg

You see the WM9 is a bit oversized

Here are some other shots

dsc015952965921sl1.jpg

dsc015954398111ub1.jpg

dsc015964407330uk8.jpg

dsc015974416897yt4.jpg

etched Crown is barely not visible with the naked Eye

dsc015984434673dw4.jpg

dsc015994447520xd4.jpg

Its reallly a good Sub and there are some good improvements but it needs still some work.... ;)

But its the best Sub out of the Box in my opinion....

Nice photos.. Wear it well..

I am sending mine to The Zigmeister for service in March..George claims the movement is Swiss ETA...

The Zigmeister will determine if that statement is true..:)

I also thought the crown was a bit large but I can live with that ( if not eBay for a gen) :)

Bill

I am sending mine to The Zigmeister for service in March..George claims the movement is Swiss ETA...

I also thought the crown was a bit large but I can live with that ( if not eBay for a gen) :)

Bill

Thanks mate,

maybe The Zigmeister can clarify if this is a real Eta...

BTW I cange the Tube and Crown on this one like I ever do,CG's where reshaped and I install also

a gen Insert

Keep you all updated...

Bill

Nothing wrong w/ a movement designed for ladies watches (Ms. A has an ETA 2671 muller rep that has worked fine the very few few times she's worn it) as long as the extra long stem is no problem and/or the bigger men's watch hands won't drain the power reserve or something.

Congrats to your new watch, and wear it well my friend... :good:

Always the same, one step forward and two steps back (I am talking about dial and crown)... <_<

The movement is also not my taste, but if it runs well...anyway - nobody can see what is in the wach!

And you are right, it's maybe the best out of the box sub available! For our members which are not so slick and have not tools and the knowhow it is the best grab around.

I will pull out my Euromariner Sub from sale now, because I don't see any reason now to sell it. Maybe on the WM9 is not so much to do on, but I invested in mine a lot of time and money to get it on that what it looks like - so I have to keep it and wait for maybe something better to come out...let's wait up for the BK WM9-Mariner, maybe there will be some improvements. ;)

so, that date disk must much larger/wider now?!?! is it flimsy inside the case?!?! meaning, is it consistently placed close against the date window? does that retaining ring keep it all level?

So, why did they go with the smaller movement?

PP

NO all works fine..

I think they took this movement because the 2836-2 is harder to get this times...

Is the tube position better now Tribal, is it higher?

Not likely. I would have to say it is probably lower. (further from dial)

center stem to dial seat on 2678 is 2.30mm

center stem to dial seat on 2836-2 is 2.25mm

Also, the date disc is recessed in the 2678 mainplate, so a spacer would be needed between the dial and 2678 in order for the overlay to function. Probably adding another 0.10mm.

Thanks Tribal for a great review as usual. I'm still waiting for the movements and bracelets. George said he actually makes a m serial bracelet and a z serial bracelet. I didn't know they use different bracelets.

The crown and tube are indeed too thick like I said in my first update. I already ordered custom crown and tube sets to be made for the wm9 v2 sub. It'll be my special upgrade option.

I think Rolex stopped the sans serif style on the hour markers for m and z serial (correct me if I'm wrong). So the wm9 dial is actually correct in terms of the hour markers not having sans serif style for its m and z serial subs. I'm slightly disappointed there's still no sans serif styling on the small text because Rolex kept sans serif style on the small text while it has stopped it on the hour markers. But then the old king of sub dials, the noob dial, doesn't implement sans serif on the small text either. So I still maintain the wm9 v2 sub dial is the new king because its "ROLEX" text's vertical strokes are finally thick (they are skinny on the noob dial) and the date window is larger and has more correct rectangular shape, not to mention the superlume.

Yes, this case can take a 2836-2. wm9 can provide the movement rings for 2836-2. Several reasons for using this movement,

1. is steady, easy, basically unlimited supply of 2678-2 (2836-2 is too popular, it often runs short like now the factory is temporarily short of it. That's why I'm not getting gen ETA version of DSSD V3).

2. quality problem of some recent 2836-2 batches

3. George said gen ETA 2678-2 ebauches are made in Swiss instead of Asia like the 2836-2 ebauches. I don't know if it's true. But definitely worth giving a try, right?

-bk

Edited by bklm1234

The crown and tube are indeed too thick like I said in my first update. I already ordered custom crown and tube sets to be made for the wm9 v2 sub. It'll be my special upgrade option.

Wow, WM9 v2 BK upgraded :) looking forward to it!.

Congrats with your new sub Tribal, looking for your updates/mods for this watch as well.

E

Everyone feels strange when seeing a small movement like that in his 500$ rep... But then, if it works fine , then it is ok i guess.. BK, have you already ordered custom crowns and tubes?

Apart from the "2 steps back" as mentioned, the finest rlx rep lume we ve seen and no need to order an aftermarket insert make a big big step forward...

wow, the euromariner seems to be far behind the wm9 nowadays!

Sure the euro has the noob dial, but the other improvements on the wm9 seem to more than make up for it.

aren't the newer crowns coming from the AD oversized nowadys?

Looks great!

Thanks for the pics!

:tu:

Edited by cht

I already ordered my custom crowns. I hope they come out right. Rep crowns often are too big. There's a reason. Gen crown has very thin skin. I assume Rolex has superior technology and probably better steel to make the skin thin and yet strong. The top portion is very hard for crown makers in China to replicate with a rep budget. So they make the top bulge thick (like on the SSD crown). They usually throw in bonus flaws like making the teeth too long like on the wm9 crown. The proper way to do is IMO is make the top skin thick (no choice, the Chinese can only make it thick), but make the tube shorter. The goal is to make the exterior identical. There's really not much sacrificing on the structure or water resistance capability. I'm not talking about significantly shortening the tube. There's still plenty to screw around (pardon my pun).

@cht: no Rolex hasn't shorten the 7mm crown. Same old and is used on almost every new model, e.g. gmt-iic.

-bk

Edited by bklm1234

Am I the only one here who thinks that movement is the F*$ktardiest, wackjob, cracksmoking, ass pounding of a hackjob in the history of overpriced reps?????

crap the 2678 is touchy on a good day but after it's been tossed around the world, mishandled by some five year old in their parents coat closet (AKA a rep factory) that movement isn't going to last two years!!

but hey great lume! :bangin:

Am I the only one here who thinks that movement is the F*$ktardiest, wackjob, cracksmoking, ass pounding of a hackjob in the history of overpriced reps?????

LOL nice vocabulary...and yes you may be the only one who thinks that way..:)

or maybe not...:)