When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Received my WM9 V2 Z-Serial today

Tribal

I have to admit, that movement looks like the little engine that could...... or maybe couldn't? Only time will telll, the rest of the watch looks really good though, and really, if it works, what more do you want....... Personally, I'd buy from BK.... He's done work for me and is very reputable and quality id job #1 for him....

Historically that ladies sized movement has a reputation for being "moody".. all things being equal it should be just as good a movement as the 2824/36 though.

The big problem this option presents is that now if you want to do a movement upgrade you are pretty much limited to the ladies size movement again, while it may for the moment be more available in the piles of dead swiss movements the rep dealers scavenge movements from in the long term it means an added hassle trying to source a movement ring for the 2824/36..

To be practical even the sea-gull 2892 copy would be a better option, it's available, reasonably reliable and can be replaced with pretty much any eta movement....

maybe I just need more coffee and less keyboard time ;)

Historically that ladies sized movement has a reputation for being "moody".. all things being equal it should be just as good a movement as the 2824/36 though.

The big problem this option presents is that now if you want to do a movement upgrade you are pretty much limited to the ladies size movement again, while it may for the moment be more available in the piles of dead swiss movements the rep dealers scavenge movements from in the long term it means an added hassle trying to source a movement ring for the 2824/36..

To be practical even the sea-gull 2892 copy would be a better option, it's available, reasonably reliable and can be replaced with pretty much any eta movement....

maybe I just need more coffee and less keyboard time ;)

There will be a 2892 Sub which will then fix the low crown position too in the future I beleive. I have been temtped to ask George or Burt for a case to be made without the tube hole being drilled so I can make a 2892 Sub but I think the rehaut height would have to be raised slightly too which would then give the perfect crystal height when the bezel is fitted. This is still a flaw for me on this watch and stops me buying another. It is also one of the reason why the rep bezel assembly tends to pop out the insert when trying to get the dimensions as spot on as possible. B)

It is a beautiful rep, Stunning in fact! But that movement, I'm afraid would put me off! It just looks so wrong. I don't mean to offend anyone but it doesn't look good, in such a good looking rep. I have a noobmariner with a gen ETA and despite it not being as good as a rep, when you take the back of it and see the movement, you just think ahhh looks damn good!

And yes the crowns are bigger on the new Subs. I was shocked when about a month ago i compared mine with a new gen and, well couldn't tell the difference!

Once again though, Best looking sub I've seen!

Kind regards. Marc.

i saw on the wm9 web site that another reason for this movement was that it allowed the use of the large brass mounting ring that added weight to the watch, which in turn made it dead on to the gen in weight. before it was on the light side

A gen 16610 is 140g. My Euromariner is 138,7g, and as a A-series model it would have some polishing in past - so it's a perfect weight. But with the ring I think that the watch is too heavy then...or am I wrong?

omega

wish i knew more about the weight issue, but i recall part of the problem was changing to hollow center links in the bracelet that made the wm9 to light, the brass ring brought it back to where it needed to be i think

ill saw this discussed on wm9's forum i think

As someone else eluded to there is also an advantage to the ladies movement, the movement ring can be drilled for a genuine rolex dial as well as the eta dial making it more flexible for modding... just a thought...

...problem was changing to hollow center links in the bracelet that made the wm9 to light...

Why you called out that as a problem? It has be done like it has to be - hollow! And who carries a electronic balance in his pocket to spot a rep? There are maybe always a few gramms up or down on a rep, but I think there will nobody care about!

"Historically that ladies sized movement has a reputation for being "moody"..."

"moody"

I never liked them. Never will.

The upside is that they are cheaper to buy because you can sometimes find a lady size watch with one in it fairly cheap if you shop around.

Otoh, I bought some nos Gruen 'swiss' watches for $40 (strap) or $55 (bracelet) with genuine eta 2824 and some nos Oniss day/date Prez look-alikes for $55 with swiss eta 2836 a while back so the 'little lady eta' also loses in price as far as I am concerned.

...and I still read now and then about how great the lady size rolex automatic movements are. From my experience, they are not very good either because my wife put a few behind the wall before I gave her a replica to kill. (it had a little swiss eta and was no better)

Now she wears a Citizen Eco-Drive EW0484-59A with no problems.

I have an automatic lady Eternamatic from the 1960's/1970's with a case smaller than a US dime...I bet you would have to play air guitar all day long to wind it enough to run all night long.

Imho, little bitty automatic movements in general are not too hot.

Time will tell.

regarding watch weight, i think that is just another reason offered by george as to why he chose the 2678-2 movement, allowed him to use a brass ring to increase weight. i think he wants a 135 gram sub and he was 8 grams light in previous versions

his new V2 has a new bracelet also (#93250) that now has hollow mid links that made it even lighter. thanks to the new V2 brass ring the watch is now at his target weight of 135 grams

i dug this out of his wm9 forum, it is second hand from a post, but i got the impression george was happy to finally be at the correct weight

do think it is interesting that he is paying attention to this, weather or not you can tell by holding one or the other if the weight is 8 grams off, i dont know

but the more attention to detail the better i say

mine weighs 130.1 grams... I have an accurate scale that measures in tenths of a gram ( ex drug dealer...:) )

I still like the watch despite of the weight difference and the tiny movement...

Maybe if I spray paint the back silver

it will be dead balls on..:)

Bill

Am I the only one here who thinks that movement is the F*$ktardiest, wackjob, cracksmoking, ass pounding of a hackjob in the history of overpriced reps?????

crap the 2678 is touchy on a good day but after it's been tossed around the world, mishandled by some five year old in their parents coat closet (AKA a rep factory) that movement isn't going to last two years!!

but hey great lume! :bangin:

That's probably the funniest [censored] I've ever seen on here. :rofl:

But I agree i would not buy this watch with that movement, it looks great though.

the watch does look really nice. i think maybe we should be alittle open minded about the

movt. aren't quartz movts sometimes very small and they work well. if its truly a swiss ladies movt and it works who cares how big it is.

it does look weird but who's gonna open the case and look at it anyway?

You are right the small movement looks really weird in the Case,

but I can confirm it runs really good and smooth.

It is normally a Day Date movement like the 2836-2.

The pinions for the Hands are slightly longer as on a 2836-2 so

there is a bit more space to the dial,that's good in my opinion.

Date change works perfectly.

I dissambled the watch tonight and the movement holder is

Very good machined.

The Dial will fit a Eta 2836-2 without problems.

And now the bad news, the Hands won't fit the 2836-2

Pinions. So if you want to swap the movement you need

some other Luminova Hands :(

Guys, it is ridiculous what we here talking about (I mean the weight)! Because if you remove some links the watch will be lighter. I weighted my Euromariner sub on work with a professional electronic balance, and it shows with all links (because the bracelet was not mounted yet - the holes were not drilled on the SEL's) 138,7g. I found my balance now and I put the watch a few minutes ago on it, it shows now without 2 links 133,1g, but it is a cheap balance so it can have some tolerance. Also I weight a link with screw:

d7410e1e.jpg

bec5d5dc.jpg

So who can weight a gen with all links to give us a exactly standard weight? Stephane where are you??? :)