When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Lady In The Water

Guest TTK

Oh I was weaned on comics all right......but Shyalaman's continued self absorption and narcisism is wearing extremely thin....Lady is more convoluted than a congo dance in Cancun.......it's muddled....disjointed and in total disarray.....and MNS isn't happy saddling us with 'narfs'...'scrunts'....and 'tartutics'....he unleashes the worst monster of all....a director who thinks he can act......the wunderkind that brought us the classic Sixth Sense has disappeared up his own ass...and unfortunately wants us all to take a peek up there with him....!

As 'Story' ( Bryce Dallas Howard )....says to Paul Giamatti...."you have a big heart:......"but it's full of so much pain"........my comment to Shyalaman...."you have a big head'.......'but it's full of so much [censored]".....!

Oh I was weaned on comics all right......but Shyalaman's continued self absorption and narcisism is wearing extremely thin....Lady is more convoluted than a congo dance in Cancun.......it's muddled....disjointed and in total disarray.....and MNS isn't happy saddling us with 'narfs'...'scrunts'....and 'tartutics'....he unleashes the worst monster of all....a director who thinks he can act......the wunderkind that brought us the classic Sixth Sense has disappeared up his own ass...and unfortunately wants us all to take a peek up there with him....!

As 'Story' ( Bryce Dallas Howard )....says to Paul Giamatti...."you have a big heart:......"but it's full of so much pain"........my comment to Shyalaman...."you have a big head'.......'but it's full of so much [censored]".....!

I completely agree, don't see what the fuss over Shamalamadingdong is. Fine, he's "original." But that doesn't mean he's any good. I did like the Sixth Sense, I thought Unbreakable seemed to be going places but was disappointed. The Village was garbage, something that a first-year film student might have thought was clever.

• 2 weeks later...
I liked Unbreakable, but I read a lot of comics in my youth.

Ha! Reminds me of the time I drove past a bus shelter that had all its plate glass shattered by vandals. At one end of the shelter was one of those cabinets for putting posters in. Guess what the poster was for....

(PS. Sorry for resurrecting old thread, I've been away...)

M. Night Shyamalan is a one hit wonder...

Lady in the Water - Sucks.

The Village - Sucked.

Signs - Sucked.

Unbreakable - Sucked.

6th Sense - Great Movie

Wide Awake and Praying with Anger - about 5 people watched both.

I see no love for the Village here :g:

That was my favorite :huh:

Yes, the Sixth Sense was a great movie. It's a pitty to make your first work your greatest. He is going to spend the rest of his life trying to achieve his former greatness. He kind of reminds me of George Lucas. The FIRST Star Wars Trilogy was a masterpiece. The new stuff is rubbish. Lucas couldn't direct his way out of a soggy bag. I'm convinced he can only make a good movie by accident. When he went back and remade Star Wars as "he originally intended" it was total CRAP.. WTF is with Greedo shooting first!!?? That whole scene set Han up a lowlife who didn't care about anyone or anything save him, his ship, Chewey and MONEY. It took the others to bring out the good in him. He shot Greedo in cold blood.. that's who he was end of story.

Sorry, got off topic.. Lady in the Water sucked.