When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Finally made the longines with the super 7751 movt

fotoman

i have coveted this watch for some time - its only 40mm but, i think its pretty bad ass looking for a nice sporty dress watch. I have always wanted it in white though.

So, trolling along on josh's site and BOOM - OMG, there it is, out of the blue.

classy piece my friends, and for the price/ complications - its sweeeet. lets hope for a few more dial variations.

http://www.jpc8118.com/lg10007-master-chro...751-p-5520.html

1.jpg

here is the gen i want dialed

longinesmaster15599407jb7.jpg

longinesmoon15619295uh8.jpg

I'm not a big fan of the black dial on this one...but I like the white dialed version. I find for the most part, that moonphase complications look best with a white dial to make the moonpase disc stand out more. As well, I consider the moonphase a "classy" complication and black dials too sporty for the overall effect.

Hmm true... don't know if I've seen a 7751 movement before in a rep...wonder if it'll have the same reliability of the A7750...

yyeah this movement came out awhile ago, there are some IWC's Zenith's and almost this same layout in omega - which in teh real world omega and longines use the same 7751

• 3 months later...
i have coveted this watch for some time - its only 40mm but, i think its pretty bad ass looking for a nice sporty dress watch. I have always wanted it in white though.

So, trolling along on josh's site and BOOM - OMG, there it is, out of the blue.

classy piece my friends, and for the price/ complications - its sweeeet. lets hope for a few more dial variations.

http://www.jpc8118.com/lg10007-master-chro...751-p-5520.html

1.jpg

here is the gen i want dialed

longinesmaster15599407jb7.jpg

longinesmoon15619295uh8.jpg

THIS IS IT!

I have been hunting down a functional replica of the great 7751 movement for years, and all I could find were simple 7750 versions.

This appears to be the exact 7751 clone I am longing for. I cannot afford the real stuff and do not trust auctions sites when it comes to used models with this movement (it was utilized by many manufacturers). But I really do not want to settle on a Quartz mechanics set either.

The lowest price on a real 7751 in a brand name watch case seems to be 2-3x the asking price for the depicted version above, I think the Valjoux 7751 alone is about 250Swiss Franks today?

Now the main question is: is this 7751 copy fully operational? Is it a real mechanical clone of the Valjoux engine? What is the internal quality??

I do not care for any fake brand name on the face, in fact I'd prefer it to be neutral - all I am longing for is the feature set, layout and appearance of this wonderful movement, with a decent high contrast face, a tachymeter scale or even an E6B slide rule bezel - the ultimate timepiece for my taste

So who has bought one of these Asia 7751s and can review it, please?!

Many thanks!

michael

this movement is available in breitling reps, omega reps and now in the longines rep

i have it, it works just like the gen, and its [censored]ing Awesome, seems to have a really good power reserve to, lasts a long time on the shelf.

Yes, in the meantime I found more 'versions' of this movement, eg in the imitated Montbrillant Dator (great scales, but no moonphase :mellow: ) . I just wish they'd combine the moonphase window and scales of both watches, and remove the false insignia, what a great watch that would become!

Also I am sort of confused now about this Chinese 7751: so far I thought that the Swiss 7750 and 7751 derived from different families and could easily be distinguished that way (fork date for 7751, moonphase at 3 for 7750 etc).

Now I read that the recent Chinese copy of the 7751 is a rather primitive modification of their 7750 engine, with 'issues'. Only one model (the ugly Bauhaus) claims to have a true Asian 7751 - now how could that possibly be?

Since you have this Longines copy, did you notice any of the published problems with this modded 7750, mainly:

- 24hr subdial slow, ie falls out of sync (meaning they use friction, no gearset, to drive the hand, or simply loose axles??)

- badly aligned day fork (the main reason why I hate these forks and want windows like Zenith's 410)

$300 is not a low price, even today, esp for a copycat version. Even my Navihawk and Skyhawk cost considerably less and both are genuine and highly complex animals.

And a last issue I see: apparently these watches are hard to find, due to their legal implications. Here in Germany I could not locate a single online offer, and if ordering internationally the purchase will cause major issues at the customs counter, and extra taxes to boot.

I may still be out of luck, and have to wait for models without the faked insignia, by other Asian watch makers like Trias etc?

• 2 months later...
i have bad date alignment.

but, alignment issues are commen, unless serviced - date, dials i have seen all kinds of alignment issues in various watches

Sorry for the old post bump but I just bought this rep and it is FANTASTIC!!!!! I debated buying the genuine for several years and I am absolutely satisfied with owning this replica. To me, this is what the replica business is all about. It's not about pulling the wool over someone's eyes or impressing friends or co-workers. The advent of these so called "super-reps" allows me to purchase beautifully designed watches for a fraction of their genuine cost. Buying this watch was a no brainer for me. All of the mechanical functions work perfectly so far. The bracelet is first rate and solid. Just a gorgeous watch.

Sorry for the old post bump but I just bought this rep and it is FANTASTIC!!!!! I debated buying the genuine for several years and I am absolutely satisfied with owning this replica. To me, this is what the replica business is all about. It's not about pulling the wool over someone's eyes or impressing friends or co-workers. The advent of these so called "super-reps" allows me to purchase beautifully designed watches for a fraction of their genuine cost. Buying this watch was a no brainer for me. All of the mechanical functions work perfectly so far. The bracelet is first rate and solid. Just a gorgeous watch.

i agree, having had the watch for awhile. i still love it, wore it the other day. great watch to wear when you want something classy, but not something that screams status symbol.

i agree, having had the watch for awhile. i still love it, wore it the other day. great watch to wear when you want something classy, but not something that screams status symbol.

Perfect size at 40mm. Same as the classic multi complication watches from PP and others. Bigger with this busy dial would look idiotic. Longines hit it right on the nose with this one. I'm glad the rep has the old 21k bph 7750 workhorse modified with the datewheels. This movement was tried and true and had a far better record of reliability before it was superceeded by the new 28K A7750. The regulator adjust mimics the genuine perfectly unlike the 7750 which does not sport the microadjuster and is something of a giveaway to those in the mechanical know that something is amiss here. My functions work perfectly and the watch has been keeping COSC time for about 2 weeks. I am so satisfied.

Perfect size at 40mm. Same as the classic multi complication watches from PP and others. Bigger with this busy dial would look idiotic. Longines hit it right on the nose with this one. I'm glad the rep has the old 21k bph 7750 workhorse modified with the datewheels. This movement was tried and true and had a far better record of reliability before it was superceeded by the new 28K A7750. The regulator adjust mimics the genuine perfectly unlike the 7750 which does not sport the microadjuster and is something of a giveaway to those in the mechanical know that something is amiss here. My functions work perfectly and the watch has been keeping COSC time for about 2 weeks. I am so satisfied.

Certainly it's pretty cool when you can buy a rep like this and save money. If you can find a watchmaker to service it for $200-300, it's a great deal. Then you've got $500-700 in a watch that should be very reliable instead of $2K plus.

Certainly it's pretty cool when you can buy a rep like this and save money. If you can find a watchmaker to service it for $200-300, it's a great deal. Then you've got $500-700 in a watch that should be very reliable instead of $2K plus.

It's going off to The Zigmeister at the end of the month for servicing and I expect to get years of reliable use. The $650 investment is borderline "not worth it" for me when it comes to a replica but this piece is so beautiful and was so desired that the expenditure makes sense to me.

Beautiful time piece and at a reasonable price. If Joshua offered this with a good white dial, I as well as many others would jump on it in short order.

I don't know if that is a possibility, but if enough of us will express interest, perhaps he could get it made.

After checking Joshua's site, I found that it is now available with the white dial (Added this past April). The white dial looks pretty good in the photos, but the rotor on the movement lacks the engine turning or "jeweling" of the genuine as seen through the case back. I do wish that this watch was offered with an alligator strap which makes it look so much better, IMHO.

Here is a view of the genuine case back

Longinescaseback.jpg

After checking Joshua's site, I found that it is now available with the white dial (Added this past April). The white dial looks pretty good in the photos, but the rotor on the movement lacks the engine turning or "jeweling" of the genuine as seen through the case back. I do wish that this watch was offered with an alligator strap which makes it look so much better, IMHO.

Here is a view of the genuine case back

Longinescaseback.jpg

yeah the white dial is the one i have. - 1. its awesome, 2. who give's a [censored] about the rotor, where it, you won't see the rotor. 3. there is almost no rep gator strap worth wearing, so, why would you want a rep one? you buy the SS, buy your own gator strap, keep the ss in pristine color then sell the watch later with the SS. and not your sweaty worn strap :)

for reference

longsig.jpg

yeah the white dial is the one i have. - 1. its awesome, 2. who give's a [censored] about the rotor, where it, you won't see the rotor. 3. there is almost no rep gator strap worth wearing, so, why would you want a rep one? you buy the SS, buy your own gator strap, keep the ss in pristine color then sell the watch later with the SS. and not your sweaty worn strap :)

for reference

longsig.jpg

I know what you mean about the fake gator straps on most of the reps. They are awful and look like stamped plastic. Joshua does sell some Omega straps that are genuine alligator and crocodile. I have his brown croc with white stitching on an Aqua Terra that looks very nice and close to the genuine Omega strap.

I suppose that you are right about the rotor not matching up to the genuine and being out of sight. However, don't tell that to the Hubot guys. If you remember the complaints about the sticker rather than the engraving on the rotors you might see where I'm coming from . I guess some of us are just a little too anal about the details. ;)

I know what you mean about the fake gator straps on most of the reps. They are awful and look like stamped plastic. Joshua does sell some Omega straps that are genuine alligator and crocodile. I have his brown croc with white stitching on an Aqua Terra that looks very nice and close to the genuine Omega strap.

I suppose that you are right about the rotor not matching up to the genuine and being out of sight. However, don't tell that to the Hubot guys. If you remember the complaints about the sticker rather than the engraving on the rotors you might see where I'm coming from . I guess some of us are just a little too anal about the details. ;)

i don't "hang" with the hublot crowd, BUT, for 700's i can understand some complaining I think they are all overpriced.

I have an AP with an ok leather band. First one that i have never switched out.

but, you have to keep it all in perspective. You can't get too rediculous about these things you can't even buy a invicta for double this price with this type of a movement.

Its an awesome watch - wear it in good health