When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Right boys show us your rings!

FxrAndy

This is my McHappy thread, it's great to see this project finally coming to an end.

I have noticed that it seems very difficult to get a good photo of these ring, most likely due to the black and silver.

BTW..."You want fries with that?" :D

Ken

Well here you go, I love it. Thanks to Ken for the hardship he endured in bringing this project to its conclusion, thanks to Kruzer for the logistics and of course Teejay for the logo.

ring.jpg

A hard picture to take, I wear my watch on the left wrist and ring on right hand. So I guess I m married to RWG now :)

@ Kruz,

Thanks for the "lugging" mate!

Seems like one has found it's way to the sunny UK, so best I start checking my letterbox! ( Even tho we are a couple of hundred kms adrift of that place!)

They do look stunning, and the limited edition factor, adds to their uniqueness!

Should we say here, now, that there are actually a couple...MAYBE... still up for grabs?

Cos there may have been a few who missed out on the 1st round, who have some interest!

PM admin, or one of the mods, if anyone is interested. No guarantees..... but we always try to please.

Offshore

Splendid result indeed Andy.

It is here now.

Congrats to Ken and friends.

It was a real pain to make it happen after all the troubles Ken faced.

One community - one word! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Really appreciate the effort you great peeps went thru on this, mate! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

One community - one word - ONE RING!! :p

Here's mine, btw:

301220081387_wrist-ringshot.jpg

301220081400.jpg

Have to say that that this turned out really well...Also, i love the way the hematite "changes" to a slight grey upon reflection...

And cheers to all of ya! :drinks:

This is like the "masons"

You guys running round with hoods cloaks and daggers too?

Very nice quality, good on ya!

:)

It has been known!

LOL!

Yea.....it has!

I'm always wearing my body armour!

Let's hope none of the dealers on here bought any... For 1:1 replication! :lol:

Actually guys this raises an interesting point...

We have 50 of these rings and although the jeweler has the molds still ready, I'm sure you can understand when I say there will be no more of these rings produced.

Just not worth the heartache sorry.

Ken

Actually guys this raises an interesting point...

We have 50 of these rings and although the jeweler has the molds still ready, I'm sure you can understand when I say there will be no more of these rings produced.

Just not worth the heartache sorry.

Ken

And all the SH*T you guys went thru. Seriously, i deeply appreciate yours & the rest of Admin team's efforts in this. Great, now these are truly "Limited Edition". :)

Btw ken, a noob question, how were the haematites installed onto the rings? :huh:

Today, I joined the Fellowship of the Ring ^_^

DSCN0566.jpg

Not the best photo ever, but I wanted to try and combine it with a wrist shot :)

Ken first called these 'decoder rings', so we would be able to identify one another on gtgs, and in situations where openly staring at someone's watch, looking for the tells, might not be appreciated, so, might I suggest an 'etiquette' for the ring?

At gtgs, rather than a "Are you here for the gtg of the watch group?" maybe a more coded introduction... For example, Ken and I are in a bar:

Me "That's a nice ring, TJ." (as if that were Ken's name)

Ken "Thanks, Ken" (as if that were my name)

It would get an introduction over easily, and discretely. If anyone else ever comments on the ring, without following the compliment with 'their' name, then they get the response: "Thanks," and if pressed for an explanation of the design, then "It was a friend's signet ring."

Keeps things nice and inconspicuous B)

After all, no point in having a secret code ring if any compliment about the ring brings up the secret club it relates to ;)

What do folks think?

Ok two points

1) These rings were made by a genuine jeweler, they are not connected to the replica trade at all......so the Gorilla glue would also be gen :D

2) What TJ suggests above would not work as unless you recognized the wearer of the ring you would not be able to use his username.

However my original idea was that we each get our usernames engraved on the flat silver surface below the stone, I don't know if this would make the ring look to busy though...any thought's on this?

Ken

Ok two points

1) These rings were made by a genuine jeweler, they are not connected to the replica trade at all......so the Gorilla glue would also be gen :D

2) What TJ suggests above would not work as unless you recognized the wearer of the ring you would not be able to use his username.

However my original idea was that we each get our usernames engraved on the flat silver surface below the stone, I don't know if this would make the ring look to busy though...any thought's on this?

Ken

I think you've misunderstood me, Ken... I was meaning that the person would address the other member with their own username, not the other persons. For example, you would say to me "Nice ring, Ken," to which I would reply "Thanks, TJ," That way, the people would be introducing themselves in an inconspicuous way :)