When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Something strange happened

maas

Hi all,

Maybe it is something that has already been discussed before but I found something strange on the welcome page... I click on the link as mentionned on the picture below and I have been redirected on a site that has nothing to do do with reps (XXX site)... Maybe it's done on purpose and if it is admin please erase my topic... Maybe it's my computer ... But for the other please do not click if you have children around...

http://img145.imageshack.us/my.php?image=rwgku0.png

Thanks

The target for the link is rwg.cc/index.html

This redirects to

http://www.buy404s.com/404.html?account=rwgadmin

This then redirects to any advertiser linked with them

Buy404 says

"GET PAID FOR TRAFFIC YOU DIDN'T EVEN KNOW YOU HAD!

How many times a day does someone ask for a file that doesn't exist on your server? It probably happens thousands of times per day. Why just show your surfer a simple "Sorry, cannot find the page you requested" message, when you can be paid for that traffic.

We pay $4 for every 1000 browsers that are redirected by your server to us because of a "File Not Found"."

In short, RWG is registered with buy404 which pay them for 404 errors which they direct to an advertiser.

The problem is the RWG link points to an invalid index.html page, and as a result this gets passed on to buy404, and they pass it on to "advertisers"

To fix, either change the target or create a page called index.html ;)

DAMN! As somebody mentioned, I signed up a while ago for a program that pays for 404's (pages that does not exist) To be honest, I haven't checked the ads since I signed up and had a look at the ads back then, but they were NOTHING like this :lol: I'll have a chat with them and see if they can display other ads or just remove it.