When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Nardin is here, Super High Res Images (thumbnailed)

fotoman

un1ii2.th.jpg un2cy9.th.jpg un3ca5.th.jpg un4yn3.th.jpg un5sh5.th.jpg

first glance, very well done rep, great details - the rubber could be a touch better in the strap, the buckle seem to be titanium i think thats why it has been described as flimsy

there is something weird in the AR though, its very nice but on many angles it becomes a dark blue that is totally blocks of seeing the dial.

maybe i'm used to having clear AR, or maybe its single sided and its the opposite side of the crystal. I dunno

Thanks to josh (PC) for THE fastest shipping i have ever experienced

Looks really good IMO - although the other versions are all innacurate other than this one with the black/red bezel and black dial. I don't know if it was mentioned before, but the 1:1 alpha watch was the black/red version shown here that Josh preordered from Basel when it was launched. He waited a long time to get it and I remember him telling me he was really bummed to have to give it right up and see it in pieces at the factory. Hopefully it is back together and on his wrist now. I must say I'm amazed though that they did all the other versions inaccurately. Of course they will correct some of them for V2 and extract some more money from some first round buyers. And in the words of Paulie from the Sopranos, "And round and round it goes again in this thing of ours..."

Just as another FYI, UN AR is very strong and nearly completely colorless. But the good news is so is the Chief's so that can be fixed if the rep AR bugs anyone.

Also, please note UN is sort of famous for screw problems in bracelets & straps. A friend had a gen WG Maxi Diver come apart on him while jogging on pavement - so I'm sure the rep must be worse. Don't forget to use a touch of non-perm loctite on these when you get them and it will be more than fine.

Oh and one more thing: Even despite having Ti elements, these straps should feel more like bracelets and never feel flimsy. The gen straps are sort of known in the industry as being the finest around. The clasps are just world class. I was kind of wondering if the rep guys were going to really nail the strap. Maybe someone can really compare with the gen sometime and let us know how it fares. To the naked eye it looks like they did the case right but I would also like to know if the case and bezel have that silky smooth fit and finish everywhere as well.

Looks really good IMO - although the other versions are all innacurate other than this one with the black/red bezel and black dial. Also, just as an FYI, UN AR is very strong and nearly completely colorless. But the good news is so is the Chief's so that can be fixed if the rep AR bugs anyone.

Also, please note UN is sort of famous for screw problems in bracelets & straps. A friend had a gen WG Maxi Diver come apart on him while jogging on pavement - so I'm sure the rep must be worse. Don't forget to use a touch of non-perm loctite on these when you get them and it will be more than fine.

Even despite having Ti elements, these straps should feel more like bracelets and never feel flimsy. The gen straps are sort of known in the industry as being the finest around. The clasps are just world class. I was kind of wondering if the rep guys were going to really nail the strap. Maybe someone can really compare with the gen sometime and let us know how it fares. To the naked eye it looks like they did the case right but I would also like to know if the case and bezel have that silky smoot fit and finish everywhere as well.

Well, i would send this off to Chief as quick as can be, but there is a date mag on the bottom of it :( and i think there is AR on the datemag

and, Ajoesmith - i Always post large photos but, i did this on purpose so i could post larger images without making people with bad internet wait.

and, re: lani :) gotcha - this was THE fastest i have ever gotten a rep - ordered late friday afternoon my time, at my house early tuesday morning my time.

Very nice Pho....looks good.

The side of the watch....which says "100"....I thought that was more of a generic model no. of the watch and not the serial no.

Does the rotor look a bit cheap-ish to you...in the pics looks plasticky.

Love the wavey rubber on the bezel. Post some wristies mate.

Very nice Pho....looks good.

The side of the watch....which says "100"....I thought that was more of a generic model no. of the watch and not the serial no.

Does the rotor look a bit cheap-ish to you...in the pics looks plasticky.

good, thats good news.

- i have to cut the strap - i had an epidural in my back this afternoon - was knocked out with anesthesia didn't have time to cut the strap to size, and frankly, since its a 1 cut and done - i wanted to wait till i was thinking straight :) but i also wanted to be first to print with the photos ;)

No. The side plate is the sequential serial. UN serials are broken down by model number. The small numbers on the case back are the model and style numbers. Then each movement is numbered for the COSC certs differently. All models use the same system and all the Marine line watches use the side plates...

UN11r.jpg

Yeah I forgot about that for a second - although I'm looking at my gen right now and the crystal is flush on both sides and is sort of just part of the crystal and totally flat. So I think the AR is just applied to both sides in one shot once the mag is already in the crystal. I seriously doubt the mag is seperately AR's so you should be fine with Chief that way.

The members who don't have one yet can kind of see the layout pretty well in this pic. The cyclops is set in the glass and is perfectly flat and smooth to the touch like there is nothing even there. AR would be a breeze to apply. Just like doing any standard crystal.

UN13r.jpg

Well, i would send this off to Chief as quick as can be, but there is a date mag on the bottom of it :( and i think there is AR on the datemag

Hey Sam, it is actually just paint on the bezel, but the wavey pattern is just amazing in person - assunming that they applied the paint neatly. You can see it really well in the pic I just posted in response to the cyclops AR discussion.

Hey Sam, it is actually just paint on the bezel, but the wavey pattern is just amazing in person - assunming that they applied the paint neatly. You can see it really well in the pic I just posted in response to the cyclops AR discussion.

according to the gen book its "rubber type material"

i just did a scientific test- its small - i touched my tounge to it, and it was warmer than the metal bezel around it Def rubber :)

according to the gen book its "rubber type material"

i just did a scientific test- its small - i touched my tounge to it, and it was warmer than the metal bezel around it Def rubber :)

Huh...I'll be damned. Even the red part too? Cool. My MMD is definitely some kind of non-rubber coating like a thick epoxy paint or something...

The members who don't have one yet can kind of see the layout pretty well in this pic. The cyclops is set in the glass and is perfectly flat and smooth to the touch like there is nothing even there. AR would be a breeze to apply. Just like doing any standard crystal.

the datemag is glued to the bottom side of the crystal so the issue is double sided ar

final thought, the photos can't do the watch justice, the AR makes the dial POP the colors are great, they morph slightly on different angles. it gives it that high end piece look.

after getting the grapham pvd diver strap, i wish this strap and the corum rubber straps had a darker oilier tone to them - has anyone ever tried armorall or something like that?

it looks good on its own, but hold it up next to the graham and wow - same thing with the AP thought it was perfect (rubberclad) but the graham is on a whole other level - similiar to my gen breit rubber

Pho.....be careful of where all you go putting your tongue :p....especially rubber :p

This watch is growing on me.....though not sure if the red/black combo is the one.....maybe all all black one.

I would have expected the factories to make a bunch of serial nos. for this watch....."100" is dead giveaway.