When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Got my V3 DSSD Deep Sea Seadweller

tenacious_b

Well,

Today I received my V3 DSSD from Sead (supermirrors over at RG). Shipped from inside the US, paid to upgrade my shipping to overnight. What can I say? It doesn't get any better than that. When I pulled it out of the bubble wrap, and removed all of the protective adhesive, I felt like Jodie Foster in Contact when she looked through the transparent wall of the wormhole vehicle and saw the alien world and was rendered speechless by the gravity of it's existence and beauty. There is nothing factual i can say about this watch that hasn't already been said, so I will offer my entirely subjective opinion. This is the most well constructed watch, rep, gen, hommage, home made, or otherwise that I have ever owned in my life. Couple that with the benefit of buying from a stateside dealer who offers QC, and getting a perfect specimen overnight, and there are scarcely words to describe my satisfaction with this watch, and the process by which I came to own it. If there is any daylight when I get home, i will try (and fail) to capture the magnificence of this watch in photographic detail. I'm going to go be alone with my watch over a cup of coffee. For now, good night.....and good luck.

Edited to add: this is the "swiss" movement version.

Bryan

Photos:

speakeasy006io1.jpg

w800.png

speakeasy007ao5.jpg

w800.png

speakeasy009yd5.jpg

w800.png

speakeasy010lo0.jpg

w800.png

speakeasy012ms7.jpg

w800.png

speakeasy015yr4.jpg

w800.png

speakeasy016ey8.jpg

w800.png

speakeasy017mn4.jpg

w800.png

speakeasy019gs5.jpg

w800.png

Lume shot - I spent several frustrated minutes trying to capture what I was seeing with my eyes. I hate my camera / skill set

lumedoom004ul6.jpg

w3264.png

Thanks for looking.

Bryan

well, I ran out of daylight before I got the kids fed and of to bed. I am tempted to use some tracing paper to try to create a flash filter for my shitty little Nikon and take some pics, but I am 3 Martini's down, and I don't know if I should be handling equipment. I just wanted to add that I let this bad boy charge under a yellow hue halogen light for 5 minutes, and voila! it was glowing like a radioactive smurf....good consistent blue lume, and it lasts. I am SOOO pleased. I showed all my collector buddies at the office, and they were in total disbelief. I cannot wait to take some pics. I'll futz around with it and see what I come up with. Much love to all my brothers in the hobby.

Bryan

I got too cozy with the martini's last night, and ended up neglecting to take pics, or clean up my mess in the kitchen, and set my kids school clothes out for this morning, all of which got me a healthy dose of "stink-eye" from my wife. I promise I'll at least take SOME kind of pics today and post them up by this evening.

I got too cozy with the martini's last night, and ended up neglecting to take pics, or clean up my mess in the kitchen, and set my kids school clothes out for this morning, all of which got me a healthy dose of "stink-eye" from my wife. I promise I'll at least take SOME kind of pics today and post them up by this evening.

Ahhh the dreaded stinkeye. I got some last week when my Skyland V3 was spotted in a winder behind the TV in my bedroom armoire. If you don't make eye contact and keep your hands still it dulls the effect. I'm checkin out your dealer after I see your pix.

..... but I am 3 Martini's down, and I don't know if I should be handling equipment. ......

Bryan

Hmmm someone lied in his 1st post when he said he was going to take a coffe alone with his watch... Apparently the coffee turned out to be martinis..

Cheers mate :drinks:

So I guess I have a question about the V3, to all of you that have it. I am aware that the bezel has font that is a little thing compared to the Gen. The V2 has font that is more accurate but is engraved into the bezel. Does the V3 have a ceramic-like bezel with the smooth numbers or is it engraved as well? I appreciate your help, thanks!