When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

RWG Technical

Thanks for taking the timeout to post this Rob as it puts this one to rest.

My watchmaker must have been telling porkies to me regarding this swap.

Apologies Chief for passing this misinformation on.

No sweat, my friend. Not your fault. Your guy must not have told you what he actually did (i.e. swap out the rehaut rings). In any event, I'm now trying to borrow someone's V2 rep dial so I can take a measurement of its thickness with my dial calipers to compare to the thickness of a gen... I'm very curious to see what the real deal is with the V2s as well. And I'm REALLY hoping it doesn't turn out to be more of the same with all the 1:1 V2 swap stories out there.... We will see, but at this point I'm not holding my breath. :mellow:

How about placing a disc between dial and mvmnt, with holes for the hands-stems?

You might need longer stems then, but maybe they are available? Just a thought.

You could try to get some sort of spacer between the dial and movement to work assuming longer posts for the hands are available. But then you have to deal with a sunken date wheel in the date window. In the end, I would guess it either wouldn't work or wouldn't look good.

You could try to get some sort of spacer between the dial and movement to work assuming longer posts for the hands are available. But then you have to deal with a sunken date wheel in the date window. In the end, I would guess it either wouldn't work or wouldn't look good.

You're right. I forgot bout the datewheels. :lol: