When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ziggy, please come in

Guest Dr.TuB

i hope im not going to lose any friends because of this :(

Yeah let's change the topic..... Anyone seen that film with Simon Pegg?

It's called How To Lose Friends And Alienate People, and it is a great film, I highly recommend it :p:lol:

Yeah, best you drop it Tub as what you are after was really just an understanding of what is obviously a dynamic issue between you and them. But I'm afraid that is not going to work and I'll tell you the very simple reason why:

The problem is that Rob/The Zigmeister is one of those guys who is so worshipped on the forum that whatever your alleged offense is that they have committed is going to fall on deaf ears. It is kind of a "Side with your homeboy" when in doubt thing - so if they know him and don't know you, he couldn't possibly have contributed anything to this and it must be all your fault right? Right. Well at least that is what is going to make sense to a good number of people. I'm not criticizing that either BTW. It is a very common human trait. Side with your own no matter what. Not my thing, but to each his own.

Personally, I'm not going to do that unless I knew what the shot really was from all sides. I don't and I never will. But ironically enough, the norms of the forum are grounded in that because of the trust factor in this industry. People are always going to rally behind the known entity. This process is sometimes flawed in that those known entities are more that capable of being just a wrong and full of mistakes as the unknown ones but the pecking order will always prevail nonetheless. Obviously, there is more to this than can be seen here and an automatic hanging of you is not what I would choose, but then who am I and who cares anyway really because it is only a watch right?

But if it makes you feel any better I for one see that the issue is not all that cut and dried. So many emails were answered by them and none of them (or did they? - you see we don't really know - it is dynamic and between you and he...) told you anything about stopping emailing him so much from what you are saying. Or maybe they did and you aren't telling the truth. See guys, we really don't know.

Maybe by answering all your questions they may have been enabling you to think all was fine, and then surprise, it isn't. So I get it, I really do. If it were me and you were emailing me that many times I would have saved the drama of firing you as a customer and just told you to shut the f*ck up or I would never fix your watch. We would have had a laugh and then I would be spending your money on dinner right now instead of refunding it. But I digress...

Look, I'm just not a guy who is going to take anyone's side - your or his until I know all the facts and I for one don't stick up for anyone until I do. That said, all that is really important here is that choosing this method to try and sort it never had a chance. Trying to call this forum's attention to a potential mishandle of an issue by someone like The Zigmeister is about like trying to get a bunch of big oil executives to listen to why you think George Bush was a bad President. Even if you are 100% right and The Zigmeister did do you ugly, nobody will ever know (or care) because you won't get past the torches and burning crosses. In other words, the whole thread is a waste of time.

But I thought I would jump in and at least tell you I get that you must be miffed so as you don't think we are all burining you down. I confess I would be miffed too given the circumstance. But as the others have said, he works for himself and he can do whatever he wants to and for whoever he wants and so be it. Try not to take it personal. As I said, its just a watch and he is just a watchmaker. I'm sure you will find someone else to accomplish what you need done.

Bravo to the membership again for not making it ugly. Tub seems a nice enough guy to me and I know The Zigmeister is widely considered as such too. Not everyone can get along in this life. Thank God for that. Who wants to love everyone anyway? There isn't enough time to do them all right. LOL...

Nah, I am only messing :p:)

It seems you made a mistake, but then, who doesn't? ;)

Jennifer has been fantastic in replying to the few emails I have sent, always very helpful and prompt to reply ^_^

It seems you over reached a tad, although I am sure you will find somebody to work on your watches, but remember, even though you are paying, in many ways the person doing the work is doing you a favour at the same time :D

Of course not :good:

[Edit to add]

The previous post I made, which has been deleted, was not meant as an attack on anyone, just intended as a helpful look into the realms of a private business owner's approach to enquiry compared to consultation, as I think the two are distinctly different, and even the most well intentioned folks might not always realize that. Sorry if it was felt I was treading on anyone's toes, that was the last thing on my mind :(

I've always wondered about the thought process behind starting threads like this and have concluded that it can only be an extreme lack thereof. 16 emails? Wow. I would have started filtering them out after 5 or so. And, you know, now it dawns on me why Bob Frei has gone completely insane! ;)

Yeah but of course Bob Frei went completely insane before email was ever invented so he is probably a bad example. You know what they say about people that are barbequed? If you lay on the grill long enough you start to char...

Rob and Jen have always been amazing to work with, I think each of my full mod projects only entails 1 email for multiple watches in a shipment, sometimes 2. 16 emails back and forth for a watch project that hasn't even started is excessive :o . Rob probably saw many more emails inquiring "did you get my package", "is it there yet", "are you done yet", "did it ship yet"?

In my manufacturing biz, that's one reason why we don't take on new inexperienced clients and we're not open to the public. We take referrals and choose which clients we want to go after. This is due to the fact that a new inexperienced client takes 10 more of your time than a client who knows what they want. It's nothing wrong, it's just the way it is.

I'm sure you're a great guy and it was your excitement and newbiness which led to all those emails and questions.

One of the most infuriating but true statements I've been told is: "Time takes time"

I have learned quickly that this is not an instant gratification hobby: Researching and searching, reading hundreds of posts for every one you make, ordering and then waiting patiently for international shipping, waiting in long lines for quality mods to be done. Patience is a necessary virtue in this "sport".

A bit of History guys (hey ... history is always repeated :-) )

May be very few guys here do remember the true and only MBW .....MARIA BEST WATCH

Well, ...Maria was also called the "Watch Nazi".

Why ???

Every time you wanted to buy a watch and you were asking too many questions ....she was replying: "No Watch For You"

May be very few guys here do remember the true and only MBW .....MARIA BEST WATCH

Why ???

Every time you wanted to buy a watch and you were asking too many questions ....she was replying: "No Watch For You"

holy shup hahaha

Why ???

lol

Remeber back as well a few dealers like that - " If you don't like it then feck off - Who's next... ? Hey, i sell the best Sub... "

Edited by billywhiz

i know this is off topic but still. i am a noob and i've been reading a lot of articles on this forum. Just wondering where is the thread or the document which lists services The Zigmeister can and cannot perform on ones watch

?? i've been looking all over for it but am yet to succeed. thanks

i know this is off topic but still. i am a noob and i've been reading a lot of articles on this forum. Just wondering where is the thread or the document which lists services The Zigmeister can and cannot perform on ones watch

?? i've been looking all over for it but am yet to succeed. thanks

I'll get flamed for this but I've pressed the search button for you The Zigmeister Search

Failing that in big bold wording on every post he makes is this :

_____________-

If you have a question on watch repair or servicing, please ask it on the forum for everyone's benifit. I don't sell watches, I don't know who is a good seller/dealer, and I don't know who makes the best watch (whatever model). My expertise is limited to movement servicing and repair, and Super Luminova application.

Enjoy the ride :D