When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ziggy, please come in

Guest Dr.TuB

hi The Zigmeister,

i have been contacting with someone named jennifer for your service.

We have been exchanging emails (10 from me and 8 from her)

after 3 or 4 emails exchanged i forwarded my payment to the paypal address provided.

as a newbie and your new customer, there would of course be a lot of questions (and my questions were not for the same watch, it was for the next project).

However, Jennifer have just sent me an email to tell me to basically "F*ck off" as she no longer wants to answer my emails.

Here is my last email to jennifer before she told me to F*ck off:

Hi Jennifer,

can you ask The Zigmeister if i can have him mod my UPO?

i am thinking about purchasing a genuine dial, hands, crown, tube, and crystal and have him fit everything

please ask if The Zigmeister has time for this and also how much he will charge?

and also, can i have the parts sent to you guys directly through ofrei.com

i will be shipping my rolex deepsea for the re-lume on monday

Regards,

Thomas

and here is what jennifer replied:

Hello Thomas. The emails have reached what we consider excessive, with 16 emails back and forth now and we haven't even done any work for you. Unfortunately we are not able to provide you with the level of personal service you are looking for. Our service document is very clear on what we do, and what you are looking for is beyond our capabilities. Please provide your paypal address and I will refund your deposit. Sorry that we cannot help you and we sincerely hope that you are able to find someone to take care of your watch needs.

cheers

jennifer

Personally, I think the work that you do is exemplary and this is why i seek your service. However, the level of customer service still needs some work.

Dr. Tub,

I will give you personal input here...

You are new here...and have asked way too many

questions in a very short period of time on the board here.

(just my personal opinion). B)

Also IT seems like you have done the same to The Zigmeister and

Jennifer. You need to understand that you are new to him!

He has more business than he knows what to do with! With you

bringing this to the forum, I wouldn't be surprised if The Zigmeister does not

want your business anymore... and will not Tolerate this...and I do not

blame him either.

I would NOT recommend doing this my friend. This is NOT necessary! ;)

MM

The Zigmeister just posted a topic on this regarding excessive emails... I understand that you're somewhat new to this and may be worried but I've never read anything remotely negative about The Zigmeister's work and I'm sure he'd have taken care of your watch perfectly...

The fact of the matter is: His capabilities list explains what he is willing/is not willing to do and that's the end of it...

I dont beleive i have ever asked any questions on the forum without ever using the search button.

and yes, as a newbie, i will have lots of quetions ask. but that does not mean i am not reading.

My questions through email were about how to proceed with sending payment and if The Zigmeister can replicate the blue lume for the dssd.

by having paid my deposit after confirming with jennifer that she would fit me into The Zigmeister's schedule. i think i am entitled to ask such questions.

because in all honesty, i for sure would not want to send in a 300 dollar watch with the risk of customs seizure and pay for international shipping only to find out that The Zigmeister cannot replicate the same color lume for the dssd.

and by giving confirmationt hat i was going to ship my watch to The Zigmeister, i then asked about my next project.

i am not blaming The Zigmeister on anything. i know he is busy. But i am for sure pointing fingers at jennifer for being imaptient.

Modding watches is a sideline for Zig. He has a real job as well. Can you imagine how much time and effort would be involved if every client sent 8 or 10 emails? I'm sure all your questions were answered on the first email. Payment and shipping info is quite clearly stated in the services document.

Unfortunately, no soup for you.

i have never said anything bad about The Zigmeister's work nor him as a person. From the pictures and reviews i've seen on this forum i know he does amazing things with our watches.

But what about the attitude that was given to me by Jennifer?

jennifer could have answered my last email to her by just asking POLITELY to send my DSSD first and then POLITELY tell me that i should wait for one project to be finished before inquiring about the next.

i know someday i will open up my own dental practice. and if i ever found out that one of my nurses were giving my patient attitudes because he/she is asking too many questions about a procedure, i would fire her on the spot. All just because i truly beleive that customer service is the most important thing in any forms of business transactions.

oh my goodness -- you sent j/ziggy 16 emails before even having any work done??!?! :o

and you're claiming that j gave you "attitude" (effectively telling you to F-off)? what planet are you on? i didn't read even a smidgen of attitude in her email to you -- imho she was very gracious in telling you that enough is enough already.

i'm sorry, but i just have to be honest in telling you that you're missing the boat on this :mellow:

deltatahoe

yes she might have said it nicely that she would no longer want The Zigmeister to work on my watch.

but its the same thing as telling a customer to f off after paying for a deposit.

shouldnt there be any sign of warning first?

@ deltatahoe: i have already paid my deposit after i was notified that The Zigmeister would fit me in his busy schedule for a re-lume (and i do truly thank him for that)

and im sorry if i have missed the announcement that The Zigmeister made in regards to excessive email.

I have just read it.

but it still does not justify jennifer's action to politely ask me to go somewhere else with my watch AFTER I HAVE ALREADY PAID THE DEPOSIT.

like i said, there should have been warnings.

by me posting here, im not asking The Zigmeister for a second chance. i simply just want to let The Zigmeister know that i am upset.

and if jennifer keeps responding to paying customers like myself with the same kind of email without any sort of warnings. im sure there will be other unsatisfied customer (not the service, but the attitude)

@ deltatahoe: i have already paid my deposit after i was notified that The Zigmeister would fit me in his busy schedule for a re-lume (and i do truly thank him for that)

and im sorry if i have missed the announcement that The Zigmeister made in regards to excessive email.

I have just read it.

but it still does not justify jennifer's action to politely ask me to go somewhere else with my watch AFTER I HAVE ALREADY PAID THE DEPOSIT.

like i said, there should have been warnings.

A deposit just means that you've reserved a space...it doesn't mean something MUST be completed. If the deposit is refunded- I don't see the issue... you may not like it but R and Jennifer have completely fulfilled their business obligation to you...

A deposit just means that you've reserved a space...it doesn't mean something MUST be completed. If the deposit is refunded- I don't see the issue... you may not like it but R and Jennifer have completely fulfilled their business obligation to you...

yes you are absolutely right about the reservation of a time slot for my watch. if it was The Zigmeister not being able to re-lume my watch, i would have not said anything. however, in this case it was because i asked about my next franken project. and i got a "sorry, go find someone else to re-lume and work on your watch because you asked too many questions"

@Dr TuB,

A word from an older member.......

Drop it.

Offshore

(Read my siggy)

ok im sorry. but i just feel that i want my voice to be heard for i have done nothing wrong and got booted without a warning.

and sorry The Zigmeister and other memebers if i sounded like i was bad mouthing The Zigmeister's service.

I understand you weren't bad mouthing The Zigmeister, bad mouthing J probably isn't any better in The Zigmeister's eyes.

I know if anyone bad mouthed my wife, I would definitely defend her and not be at all happy with that individual.

I realize you may not have meant harm, but as has already been mentioned, The Zigmeister just posted about excessive emails he has been getting, so your timing couldn't be worse.

Jen has been nothing but pleasant to me when I email her and Zig with questions, I just try to keep it to a minimum and to the point.

Regards,

Mike

Problem with someone like you is that as soon as you send the watch, the emails start. Did you get it? is it done yet? is it mailed yet? People like you just never stop with the questions. Not necessarily a bad trait, if you happen to spend your time exclusively with women.

i had no idea that jennifer was The Zigmeister's wife...

althought i frequent the forum a lot. i actually completely missed The Zigmeister's post about excessive emails because i was flying back to Poland from my vacation.

I understand you weren't bad mouthing The Zigmeister, bad mouthing J probably isn't any better in The Zigmeister's eyes.

I know if anyone bad mouthed my wife, I would definitely defend her and not be at all happy with that individual.

I realize you may not have meant harm, but as has already been mentioned, The Zigmeister just posted about excessive emails he has been getting, so your timing couldn't be worse.

Besides, Jen has been nothing but pleasant to me when I email her and Zig with questions, I just try to keep it to a minimum and to the point.

Regards,

Mike

i did not send such emails...

i have only emailed her about my next project that i was going to ask The Zigmeister to help me with.

Problem with someone like you is that as soon as you send the watch, the emails start. Did you get it? is it done yet? is it mailed yet? People like you just never stop with the questions. Not necessarily a bad trait, if you happen to spend your time exclusively with women.

ok im sorry. but i just feel that i want my voice to be heard for i have done nothing wrong and got booted without a warning.

i understand your frustration Dr. TuB, but i think you need to realize that by sending so many emails, you ended up in the "more trouble than it's worth" camp. i think if you'll take a step back and consider how many people want ziggy to do watch work for them, you will see why j chose to cut her losses and refund your deposit. if i were to guess, j has probably learned over time that people who ask so many questions on the front end end up being problematic customers on the back end (with unreasonable expectations with regard to work that is done).

as offshore said earlier, drop it. you are only digging a deeper grave (which has already been laid).

deltatahoe

ok.

once again im sorry.

i understand your frustration Dr. TuB, but i think you need to realize that by sending so many emails, you ended up in the "more trouble than it's worth" camp. i think if you'll take a step back and consider how many people want The Zigmeister to do watch work for them, you will see why j chose to cut her losses and refund your deposit. if i were to guess, j has probably learned over time that people who ask so many questions on the front end end up being problematic customers on the back end (with unreasonable expectations with regard to work that is done).

as offshore said earlier, drop it. you are only digging a deeper grave (which has already been laid).

deltatahoe

Ooooh...this is getting a lot of views quickly!! Yowzaa.

The point in the refund as said in another thread, was that enough "potential" clients had booked spots...and bailed with no notice...essentially wasting his time and taking away a slot from another client. The deposit was just to make sure "unknown clients" didn't book spots and cancel without notice...without incurring some degree of payment for the inconvenience caused. I know this was never your intent to bail...and that you had every intent to have the requested work carried out. But...if services for whatever reason cannot be provided by any vendor at their initiation...the vendor...as J is requesting in this case...will refund the deposit...done...'nuff said.

Your questions about building a Franken as his service doc indicates, require an additional level of discussion which are not part of the "deposit" and require a type of service which really is a consulting service...and requires additional payment because of the back and forth nature of trying to figure out what works.

I know Zig and J to be very easy going in my contact with him...and down right friendly and fun!!

10 email inquiries is quite a bit asking about a single job when the info is readily found on the board. It may not seem a lot...but bear in mind...with limited time in a day doing watches as a labour of love and not as a primary revenue stream, taking time to answer any types of questions takes time away from doing the work and turns his hobby into something more less appealing than the labour of love it should be. The Zigmeister is lucky to have J helping out!!

The Zigmeister's docs say he only uses genuine Tritec lume...and the blue lume will NOT match that used on the reps...because the Tritec stuff is 10x BETTER!!! To find out what the blue lume can do...GO HERE.