When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Oh My God...

RobbieG

Hold me down. Finally, my on the fence search for my grail in the simple, elegant strapped dress watch category has ended. You can always count on Vacheron to take something incredibly simple and turn it into a work of art. I was nearly sold on the last version of this which is automatic and has the date at 3 and seconds at 9, but I always wished it didn't have a date. I have been wanting to have a fine dress watch for some time, but found I am much more picky about them than sports watches. Of course I would choose white gold for it though. I wonder what the chance is of a rep of either of the Patrimony Traditionelle's is - auto or manual so I could check it out first? Probably not since they already repped the basic Patrimony I suppose. But wow - what a looker these are. I love the ever so slight modern spin that takes it out and beyond a Patek Calatrava without going too far and breaking the traditional feel...

sihhvc2.jpg

Yeah, that is really nice Ken - the original PT Patrimony which they call Contemporary - my best friend has that one and it is really nice. I just like the Patrimony Traditionelle series a bit better because it is the same thing but with a modern look instead of a more 60's look. The original Patrimony small seconds handwind was 36MM instead of 38MM which the Traditionelle is and the 60's style Patrimony you posted is 40MM. It seems like they have the titles reversed as the one I like is contemporary and the other is more traditional with its 60's look. Hmm. The Traditionelle is more like the original small seconds Pat but larger and again a sort of sleek, modern look to the dial and indices. Here is the original small seconds personally I think Traditionelle is mich nicer than these:

PatrimonySmallSeconds.jpg

It is indeed a beauty but honestly I am still hooked on the patrimony....

21645mk2.jpg

Ken

Hold me down. Finally, my on the fence search for my grail in the simple, elegant strapped dress watch category has ended. You can always count on Vacheron to take something incredibly simple and turn it into a work of art. I was nearly sold on the last version of this which is automatic and has the date at 3 and seconds at 9, but I always wished it didn't have a date. I have been wanting to have a fine dress watch for some time, but found I am much more picky about them than sports watches. Of course I would choose white gold for it though. I wonder what the chance is of a rep of either of the Patrimony Traditionelle's is - auto or manual so I could check it out first? Probably not since they already repped the basic Patrimony I suppose. But wow - what a looker these are. I love the ever so slight modern spin that takes it out and beyond a Patek Calatrava without going too far and breaking the traditional feel...

sihhvc2.jpg

Nice indeed. But if you really want to see a beauty, check out the VC Malte Grande with guilloche dial. I don't know if it is still in production, but it was around 5 or so years ago.

I've been out looking for a decent rep but I've only found the automatics on watcheden, they don't look very good.

Polished SS Version

http://www.watcheden.com/vacheron-constant...tch--22804.html

RG Version

http://www.watcheden.com/vacheron-constant...tch--21598.html

I wonder what the chance is of a rep of either of the Patrimony Traditionelle's is - auto or manual so I could check it out first? Probably not since they already repped the basic Patrimony I suppose.

Nice indeed. But if you really want to see a beauty, check out the VC Malte Grande with guilloche dial. I don't know if it is still in production, but it was around 5 or so years ago.

Still around although with either diamond indices or the plain version that looks like the Patrimony Contemporary except with Malte sword hands. Similar, but I prefer the Patrimony for this mind of watch. Love the Malte Chrono though and the Malte Dual Time Regulator piece though.

Wow that's nice! It reminds me of the Audemars Piguet Jules Audemar Classic Rose Gold. Hopefully these get repped.