When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gen 1570 mvt and dial by DW

Jimster

Well, I'm not expert, but I'm sure it is a gen movement.

I doubt it is from a 1680 though. Look at the date disc holder on top of the movement. It is beveled for a DJ pie pan dial.

093e_3.JPG

Here is a pic of a GMT movement. Notice the date disc holder is square top, not beveled.

IMG_2340.JPG

Here is another pic with the square, non beveled date disc holder

m31242.jpg

If you notice, a lot of the other auctions state Submariner or 1680 movement in the title.

I guess selling it as a 1680 movement sounds more appealing then 1601 movement or even 1500 movement.

I'm sure it is a beater movement pulled from an old 1601 DJ they picked up for cheap.

If anyone has any connections with RSC or any Rolex tech, they could run the COSC number to see what model watch it originally came from.

"movement looks real to me, I don't believe for one minute we will see replica movements looking like the one in the photo."

I agree 100%.

I have a few 1520/1570 and they are all not exactly alike in finish...very close but not exact. If you look at similar movements with a high power loupe, you will always see detail differences.

In reality, I can not see movement makers coming out with a 1570 clone as they are not really needed because Etas (real and imagined) or Chinese 2813 etc movements will do the job just fine. Maybe making a 3135 clone would be worthwhile because this would produce modern style "perfect replicas" and modern rolex replicas are where the $$ is.

Modern rolex replicas probably outsell vintage replicas 500 to 1 and if owners could use genuine dials, hands etc without modification, it would be a big move forward...for replicas, not genuines. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Same reason for making Eta 2824/2892 clones...they are standards of the industry and will work in just about everything.

I'm by far the least experianced ROlex guy to chome in on this topic, but with that said i have to beleive that it would make good business sense to replicate the gen movement.

Simple math dictates that if a chinese copy of a modern sub (WM9 and the like) can fetch $400.00+ how much could the same watch with a gen-like movement fetch? $750, $1000

People were paying that much for Hublots wich are such a niche market company, whereas Rolex IS the ultimate watch company regardless of what some people will say.

It would take the rep sub into another level.

Well, I guess you can call it coincidence but here's another one from China. Gee, it kinda looks like the same presentation. This guy also sells hats.

I wonder where all the cases went. I think I'll ask David.

...That's a very nice dial.

hitecpro is from the United States- Cleveland, OH. He sells a lot of Rolex stuff, I've bought from him before. This dial and 1570 movt seem a little overpriced- and the movt looks kinda rough. As I recall, his name was Alex... can't remember his last name. You can buy a 1500 Date w/ a 1570 movement for $1000-1200 and a 1680 dial for $300-400 and you're off to building your own franken- get an NDTrading 1680 case for $1200.