When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP ROO Safari - from Pattaya to Palau & now Phil!

hiker01

Finally got a chance to set down on an Internet Cafe in the Philippines, and checked in with you guys! It has been a blast so far! Been to Bangkok (forget MBK, all they have are crappy clones....spent a couple of hours scouting the place, but can't find anything descent! My Tuktuk driver even brought me to a supposedly "the best" dealer he knows, but it was crap!) and Pattaya (not real much of a beach resort anymore!) then Palau Island and now here in the Phil. and in one of their Island (Palawan) known for beautiful coral reefs and wreck diving and beautiful amazing beaches.......this place is HEAVEN!!! I have three more Islands to visit, all known as good dive sites, so we'll see..........anyways, to the watch:

I picked my AP ROO Safari for this trip to see how good it really is to withstand the rigors of Island Life, constant traveling, being in the water (diving/snorkling/body boarding) most of the time or just bumming out on the beach! These watch is AMAZING........it's still ticking, keeps good time (haven't touch the crown since I left the US) and loves the water! SO, some pictures to share:

aproosaf1ewg7.jpg

aproosaf1dwe8.jpg

aproosaf1fgb1.jpg

aproosaf1cxs0.jpg

aproosaf1bir5.jpg

aproosaf1ae1.jpg

aproosaf1azv9.jpg

MBK:

mbkrt6.jpg

Pattaya:

pattayaia4.jpg

.........a peek!

pattayachicklw4.jpg

El Nido, Palawan, Phil........Sunset:

elnidoss1mr0.jpg

El Nido Beach:

elnidonn6.jpg

Coco Loco Island:

cocoloco1zz4.jpg

cocoloco2hv0.jpg

You went to MBK and couldn't find MBW shop on the ground floor? That's truly sad... :rolleyes:

I know! One member here and over at RWI told me where to find them, but maybe they were close that day.....or maybe permanently!

That is a watch that looks at home in the water.

Hey Mate! You got that right!

Very nice pics mate....I have to say...I am not brave enuff to take a $500 rep for diving :p

Hey! Very nice pics!

I'm not brave enough either, but perhaps this'll change my mind... :)

Have a great trip!!

@donpedro & Samurai, last Dec. I tested 6 watches and the ROO Safari was one of them that passed the 10ATM test,

you can read it here: http://www.rwg.cc/members/Year-s-Eve-Water...023#entry588023

From what i know, HikeUSA always makes sure his watches are water-tight before diving! :p

Hey Cool! I having a blast, Dude! 3 more weeks to go! Still plenty of water dippings to do! I'll update!

Thanks all for reading! I thought all the ROO lovers would appreciate the info! This watch is definitely my new all around watch!

Hala Bira! as the Filipinos would say!

You couldn't have posted at a better time I'm just about to pull the trigger on this one.Your pic have got me really excited in anticipation.

Great pic's and continue your fantastic holiday.Enjoy.

The only problem I can see is me not being able to show mine of in the sand but the snow(Hope you don't mind) :cold:

Finally got a chance to set down on an Internet Cafe in the Philippines, and checked in with you guys! It has been a blast so far! Been to Bangkok (forget MBK, all they have are crappy clones....spent a couple of hours scouting the place, but can't find anything descent! My Tuktuk driver even brought me to a supposedly "the best" dealer he knows, but it was crap!) and Pattaya (not real much of a beach resort anymore!) then Palau Island and now here in the Phil. and in one of their Island (Palawan) known for beautiful coral reefs and wreck diving and beautiful amazing beaches.......this place is HEAVEN!!! I have three more Islands to visit, all known as good dive sites, so we'll see..........anyways, to the watch:

:g: Yeah....right...AND I HAVE TO GO TO WORK TOMORROW... <_<

:rolleyes: Oh what the heck...at least someone is having a great time!!!

Thanks for sharing Hikey... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

how is the quality of the rubber strap? im seriously considering this over the stock hornback croc of the pefect clones

It's as good as the gen! My friend have the Gen and the look and feel is the same! It's been holding up well in salt water and the humid climate of Asia! Go for it!

seems that you have a nice trip.

Fantastic post in my opinion and also a great AP.

Thanks for posting this

Excellent shots Hike, they really show the ROO of at it's best.

Indeed do send us more pic's during your holiday even a few more.....ahem.....peeks B)

Ken

Thanks Mates! I'll post some more pictures when I get a chance!

HaHa!! The big F finally manages to tear his ass out of the water and onto tinterweb at last!!! Hope you're still having a ball out there buddy!

Now you remember what I said about those big swimmy things with big teeths!!! :p