When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Most underrated Rolex rep?

By-Tor

Two things that could be better: SELs are too "rounded" and the crystal etching is oversized. But the case and rehaut shape/thickness are amazing. I also like that they upgraded this model with correct looking thin GMT hand. Now it looks like this straight otb.

Dial is excellent, in typical "Noob" fashion.

Completely agree BT! I'm a white dial fan. ;)

Me too. But the black version is great without any mods performed. Much better replica otb.

The only way to get a decent white version is the expensive franken way.

Any dealer rec's?

Yes.

bklm1234 for all Rolex reps. It's that simple... because unlike most other dealers he actually knows his stuff 100%... and thus only carries the best versions.

I got mine from Eurotimez though. He's another dealer who carries this best version.

Is that using a 2893-2 or a 2836-2?

Fully working GMT hand?

2836-2 ETA.

Hmm... not sure what you mean by "fully working" GMT hand as the GMT hand isn't independently settable on the gen. But it's fully functionable and the watch can be used as a GMT watch perfectly.

I once wrote a FAQ of this type of movements. Read the article here. It explains the function.

Hmm... not sure what you mean by "fully working" GMT hand as the GMT hand isn't independently settable on the gen. But it's fully functionable and the watch can be used as a GMT watch perfectly.

My bad, I have a rep, 2836-2 'wrong hand' stack that ONLY rotates the GMT hand at 2x. Absolutely, no setting it to do otherwise. The date position ONLY sets date, and the hour position only sets the time like a regular watch.

I haven't opened it up yet. It is a really bad rep.

-Ronin