When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

TomHighway disappeared Again!

Guest Dr.TuB

Tom,

where have you disappeared to? I have sent you multiple pms recently regarding my watches. I now have a Chopard MilleMiglia GTXL chrono and a Omega UPO with you for services. and i have also also paid for an Patek Phillipe Nautilus 2.5 weeks ago. Why have you not gotten back at me? you have indicated in the very last PM (21nd of Jan) that you were going to have everything shipped out minus the chopard before the end of the weekend. why have you not kept your word. I have paid you in good faith knowing that you are slow in communication.

This has really gone out of hand!

i demand an answer. i do not wish to open a dispute with paypal as of yet. but i will, if you do not come and explain yourself.

WATCHES you have with you now

Chopard (since early october)

Omega UPO (since early december)

Patek i bought brand new from you (on the 13th of Jan)

Dr.TuB

he has not been online since last thursday or friday....

maybe everyone who still have watches with tom for repair can come in here and voice their anger....

i really would not have cared if he takes a long time with his servicing.

but heck, i paid for a brand new watch. it should've gotten shipped out within 3 days of my payment. or if there were problems, he should have at least let me know and tell me to wait a while, not keeping giving me false hope and say it will be shipped out next day.

Slow communication aside on Tom...

Personally I'm getting fet up with you Tubs...

You've been a member for a little over 3 months...

And in the last 60 days you've started THREE separate Tom Highway Threads...

1 whining Ziggy Thread...

And 1 PayPal dispute Thread...

You're not even close to having even the basics down...

Maybe it's time for you to consider another hobby...

Because at 108 Topics in a short period of time and all the complaining you do, I'd say this one isn't for you...

TT

Slow communication aside on Tom...

Personally I'm getting fet up with you Tubs...

You've been a member for a little over 3 months...

And in the last 60 days you've started THREE separate Tom Highway Threads...

1 whining The Zigmeister Thread...

And 1 PayPal dispute Thread...

You're not even close to having even the basics down...

Couldn't agree more. Based on his posts I would say he's no older than 18.....

i've never dealt with tomhighway but i can speak surely for the paypal dispute, it happened to me also.

may be exagerating or whinning, it doesnt matter, we should listen and try to help out.

bashing from the moderator aside, wtf is with the stupid comments from other members,suck-up or just bored?

the community gets better and better

im more than 18 thank you very mach. and sorry if i sound rude, but what does my age have anything to do with the problem we have here?

i dont think im out of line to post my comments about whom i complain about. i am only trying to help out the community by telling you guys what happened.

if this happened to me, it could happen to you!

i dont think anyone would be happy to be out of 3 watches without any explanation.

maybe its only 3 watches to most of you. but guess what, those 3 watches i have paid for are nearly a grand. that to me is certainly not just a couple of dollars.

and moderator TT:

by being a mod, should you not try and look out for supporting members like us when there is a problem with one of the dealers that you hand picked? not only have you not helped in this situation, but you have also made other members scared to post in this thread about the current problem we have at hand. im sure im not the only one without my watches.

who knows, maybe someday this thread could become another "is jackob away?". by then would you still feel that im just whining? by me posting here, all im trying to do is warn other members not to send their watches to tomhighway anymore until he resolves the current problems. am i so wrong? I THINK NOT!

thank you for listening

i am about to click the "open a dispute with seller" button on my paypal.

but i will not. not as of yet. i want tom to come here and resolve the problem. heck, at least try and come up with a decent explanation.

btw what are the 3 choices TT?

im more than 18 thank you very mach. and sorry if i sound rude, but what does my age have anything to do with the problem we have here?

i dont think im out of line to post my comments about whom i complain about. i am only trying to help out the community by telling you guys what happened.

if this happened to me, it could happen to you!

i dont think anyone would be happy to be out of 3 watches without any explanation.

maybe its only 3 watches to most of you. but guess what, those 3 watches i have paid for are nearly a grand. that to me is certainly not just a couple of dollars.

and moderator TT:

by being a mod, should you not try and look out for supporting members like us when there is a problem with one of the dealers that you hand picked? not only have you not helped in this situation, but you have also made other members scared to post in this thread about the current problem we have at hand. im sure im not the only one without my watches.

who knows, maybe someday this thread could become another "is jackob away?". by then would you still feel that im just whining? by me posting here, all im trying to do is warn other members not to send their watches to tomhighway anymore until he resolves the current problems. am i so wrong? I THINK NOT!

thank you for listening

TT does not "hand pick" any of the dealers on this site and as such is not responsible for whatever goes on between yourself and another individual. Think of this place as a newspaper classified section. If you buy a car from a seller in the newspaper and the car is [censored], do you blame the newspaper? I don't think so.

TT does not "hand pick" any of the dealers on this site and as such is not responsible for whatever goes on between yourself and another individual. Think of this place as a newspaper classified section. If you buy a car from a seller in the newspaper and the car is [censored], do you blame the newspaper? I don't think so.

i have never asked the mods or the admins to take responsibility nor have i asked for them to take any actions, but i do however ask them to try and understand my frustration.

Opening a PayPal dispute will stop him being able to send or receive money I think, so anyone else who is about to pay for finished work will not be able to, so they won't get their watches back until your dispute is finished....

So don't do it! :mellow:

so i guess i'll wait...

Opening a PayPal dispute will stop him being able to send or receive money I think, so anyone else who is about to pay for finished work will not be able to, so they won't get their watches back until your dispute is finished....

So don't do it! :mellow:

I do supposed that they are still able to receive money, and even send money, only that the disputed funds are earmarked and frozen until the dispute is settled.

I have had Pc issues to sort out the last 4-5 days which are now fixed, That is why I have not lgged into RWG. I havnt had the time to sort out other means because of workload. I will have answered ALL PMs by tommorrow morning.

I am not getting into a situation on this thread, suffice to say I have a few watches with problems that I am waiting on parts and until such time they will not be fixed.

thank you

TomH

well, thank you tom for gettin back at us.

hope to hear the good news about our watches soon.

all we really need to know is that you're still around.

I have had Pc issues to sort out the last 4-5 days which are now fixed, That is why I have not lgged into RWG. I havnt had the time to sort out other means because of workload. I will have answered ALL PMs by tommorrow morning.

I am not getting into a situation on this thread, suffice to say I have a few watches with problems that I am waiting on parts and until such time they will not be fixed.

thank you

TomH

Short yet eloquent and too the point Tom!

Now can we stop these threads please? A little understanding of what these guys do is in order! It's not just a case of flipping open your watch have a fiddle and a squirt of silicone oil and hey presto! These guys are artists at what they do, see the praise Ziggy gets, it's not just by coincidence that this happens, I have heard a lot of good things about Tom since I've been here too. So he may not have time to answer PM's within 10 mins, he's working on a watch maybe, instead of googling Lyndsey Lohan's t1ts! Then again I've heard the bad side, like here.

The main thing is, these guys take time because they are, in essence, working on time! Everything has to be vacumed in dust free holders as it comes out (how [censored] would you be if you got your watch back and the dial, or the crystal was dusty? All because you want him to answer emails?!) The guy has your watch for a reason, he is a master in his craft, so he may take time or be grumpy, so is my tattooist, but I wouldn't dream of going anywhere else as the guy is an absolute genius when it comes to his art, and that some times takes time, and some times VERY grumpy! ( not good days to be under the needle in a bad mood!!)

Just my 2p's worth!

I am astounded that even after your own PP problems Dr Tub that you would even considered lodging a dispute. :huh:

You had a PM off Tom on the 21st of Jan, 2 short weeks ago, how do you even know if your watches are in the mail or not?

I too am growing very sick and tired of all these people who expect instant gratification or PP dispute.

If you don't want to wait find another hobby....simple.

Ken

after the Jakub fiasco and him disappearing with the reps, crystals, money and who knows what I don't see anything bad in starting threads like this....communication is everything and would help a lot especially the communication between the modder and the client that has his watch in the works...NOBODY can assure me that the modders or dealers cannot take 10 min a day and answer to the questions asked by their clients with whom they have a DEAL GOING ON....I have a feeling they rather answer to new inquiery's and new potential orders...

I bet the answers from members would have been the same if this post was made 6 months ago by another member asking for his rep that apparently was on Jakub desk while it was already sold somewhere in Poland....

the problem is that a lot of people frequenting this board have absolitely NO business education!!!

@mod kenberg: because of my own paypal issue before, that is why i have not filed a claim. but that does not mean that i wouldnt if another week or two passed and i still did not hear back from tom.but now that hes back and have given me a satisfying response of what happened, i will overlook this and move on.

and your right. the rep world is indeed not a hobby that im suitable for.

its not because the "instant gratification" that i seek and have yet to get, but its because of the lack of empathy that members of this board have shown

after i get my watches back, i will sell most of them and move onto gens.

@dadog13: well said

Dr.TuB

after the Jakub fiasco and him disappearing with the reps, crystals, money and who knows what I don't see anything bad in starting threads like this....communication is everything and would help a lot especially the communication between the modder and the client that has his watch in the works...NOBODY can assure me that the modders or dealers cannot take 10 min a day and answer to the questions asked by their clients with whom they have a DEAL GOING ON....I have a feeling they rather answer to new inquiery's and new potential orders...

I bet the answers from members would have been the same if this post was made 6 months ago by another member asking for his rep that apparently was on Jakub desk while it was already sold somewhere in Poland....

the problem is that a lot of people frequenting this board have absolitely NO business education!!!

Well as far as I can tell the PayPal dispute would have been filed for a watch purchase from just over a couple of weeks ago, right? :huh:

It would have absolutely nothing at all to do with the repair work, which you pay for afterwards, when the work is complete!

So I think any comments regarding the validity of a PP dispute are null and void, and DR.Tub shows his true colours by even considering such action so quickly, if at all! <_<

I have to agree with the mods on this one 100%, this guy just shoots his mouth off and shows very little, or no respect to the people here offering their time and services to us, people like him will simply drive them away from our boards....

Time for Dr.Tub to be quiet I think, no more of these threads please :rolleyes:

Nobody is questioning the communication side, the point is Dr Tub was told only two weeks ago that his watches were being shipped.

He was then on the verge of starting a PP dispute because he couldn't get any further Emails within the last two weeks.

I had a customer lock up my PP account for a Month because it took 2 1/2 weeks to get two parcels to her over Christmas and during that time she was the one that would not answer my PM's.

You have 45 days to start a PP dispute (90-120 days if it's by CC) so there is ample time to find out if there really is a problem before you stick it to that dealer and all his other customers.

Ken

Edit; Looks like Mickey beat me

@mickey and ken...I was too concentrate onto the no communication issue rather than on the PP dispute...I agree as well that what you are saying about that is 100% true&correct...

I know what you mean dadog13, poor comms is always frustrating, but it is a known fact on the board that Tom's repairs can take a while, and he may not be too prompt with his communications, but peeps are very happy with the finished repair work and continue to use his services, myself included B)

However, Dr.Tub filing a PayPal dispute for a watch purchase from a couple of weeks ago, is in my opinion an outrageous thing to even contemplate, and extremely selfish of him too <_<

I think Dr.Tub will find the aforementioned watch buying and repair services diminishing in ever decreasing circles if he is not too careful. Dealers do talk amongst themselves about problem customers......