When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega Seamaster/railmaster

ryaku

Meanwhile take a look here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Omega-Seamaster-CoAx-Z...bayphotohosting

98681-26711.jpg

I honestly dunno where this dial came from but it's a fact it's real.

Cheers

This is a dial for the Omega Railmaster XXL 2806.52.37

Omega Railmaster XXL

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats why I said its a vintage Omega Railmaster - I have seen one like that before.

If it was vintage it would no be a co-axial works though!, that type of escarpment has only been in production the last few years, that there fore rules out the vintage years.

If it was vintage it would no be a co-axial works though!, that type of escarpment has only been in production the last few years, that there fore rules out the vintage years.

woah...i missed that!

I saw a very similar old vintage Railmaster with subseconds just like that one - but without the co-axial wording as we all know that co-axial is new technology.

[censored]....intriguing indeed - actually - [censored] i think we are looking at a REPLICA DIAL - the rep OMEGA RAILMASTER XXL has the subseconds higher than the Genuine - have a look at trusty's website for his version - very similar yeah? you be the judge.

have a look at trusty's website for his version - very similar yeah? you be the judge.

:huh:

:blink:

In trusty web site i can't find any watch like that. :unsure:

Guys that ebayer sells a lot of genuine dials...i'm afraid that's a genuine dial as well.

Why don't you try to send him a message asking where the hell it's from?

I sent him a message but i got no reply. :(

Edited by ryaku

I don't know who the omega company wis was that replied to the Q about this model, but I remember seeing this gen seamaster with railmaster numerals on the official omega webpage, except that it was not a co-axial movement. Yes, I remember thinking, cool, a railmaster style without the premium price. But it disappeared before long. There was also at least one vintage 60's seamaster very similar in general appearance, but again not coaxial movement.

Sorry Andy I have only the memory of such a cool model (and of course King soon had a rep which she had to defend as not fantasy), but I did not archive anything on it, no pics nothing. Maybe others will remember King referring them to the particular omega product page, however that still does not give us the model #. Marrickvilleboy came along about six months too late (such a youngster!) to see this one, or he would surely have noted all the particulars.

Well... I do have a version of this, not King's righteous one, but very good just the same except for one thing... it has the date at 3 o'clock! which the gen seamaster/railmaster never did. Go figure. Chinese rep makers all crasy.

You know what though the thing i miss on the railmaster is a date function i just wish the gen had it, i have my fiddy on most days and have to write the date all the time at work i keep looking at my wrist for inspriation but the date is not there, but it is a great watch to look at all day lol

I has arrived, wow i am so inpressed with this one! Joshua i am soooooo impressed. I will start to take some photos and mesurements for the other interesting partys but i think i will have to pay a short visit to the AD for some comparisons, but wow!

thank you Joshua :bounce::thumbsupsmileyanim:

I has arrived, wow i am so inpressed with this one! Joshua i am soooooo impressed. I will start to take some photos and mesurements for the other interesting partys but i think i will have to pay a short visit to the AD for some comparisons, but wow!

thank you Joshua :bounce::thumbsupsmileyanim:

:bounce:

pics pics pics pics pics

:D

Sorry about the quality but i did them on the phone to get some published quick

I will do some better ones later.

It looks very nice.

I'm very curious about

- case size (is it 38-39mm like aqua terra?)

- relief in markers and numbers (you will be able to answer after seeing genuine in your AD)

Thanks Andy.

Well as you have read it has finally arrived, not that the post took long but I have been after a Railmaster since before I found this place, in fact it was the reason I found it as I was looking for information on a dealer that I was having a problem with. Enough of that this about Pierce Brosnan’s choice (and mine).

This is my first purchase from Joshua and I can not give enough praise for this dealer, good communication through out, lots of information given, packaging took an age to get into and the watch emerged like a butterfly from its cocoon, complete with tags warrantee information and a warrantee card which I was not expecting. Thank you.

So now onto the watch, it is described as being the 40mm version so I was a little unsure of which one I would get as the Aqua Terra case comes in 28, 35, 38, 41mm and the 47mm XXL as described by Omega. I have a 38mm Genuine AT to compare the sizes with and this is exactly the same size as that (I am not sure what points they measure from as I could not get 38mm with my veneer gauge at any point on the genuine or the rep. It is 11.8mm thick at the top of the domed sapphire which has an AR coating but is not as prominent as on my 127. Please see the pictures for other dimensions.

100521-26362.jpg

The dial is about as close to perfect as could be and if it was not already pointed out to me I would not notice that the Railmaster was a fraction of a gnats hair to the right, only really notable when you know and compare the top of the L to the right hand side of the M. The markers are surrounded by a thin white border just as in the genuine and are painted on the same too and therefore slightly proud. The lume looks good but I could not tell you how long it will last at night until I sit awake all night watching it (tonight Probably) but looks of an even colour and shines very well in a darkened room.

The Rep

100521-26363.jpg

The Gen (dont worry about the marker colour in real life they are the same as the rep)

100521-26364.jpg

The Works is an ETA2836-2 and of a very high finish quality in nickel plate. It is a shame that the rotor could not be made to look a bit more like the genuine but if some one wanted to call me out and needed to look at the works to do it

A. He would be looking through swollen eyes for being cheeky.

B. No amount of decoration would be enough to hide the fact this was not a co-axial works.

As for time keeping only time will tell but when it has been serviced and regulated any 2836 has the power to keep within COSC standards, I will let you know if there are any problems in this dept but I don’t think there will be.

The strap on this model is a very close copy of the real thing the only slight let down is the omega logo is not quite as defined as on the genuine and only notable when you have the luxury to have both in your hand at the same time. I was hoping for the croc strap but I got the alligator, it as soft and pliable as any I have worn in the past and a nice shine that exudes the quality of the finish, markings are as on the genuine so for all I know it could be the real thing and that is when I compare the two both in my hands.

In Summary this is a beautiful time piece with all the right equipment to keep excellent time and look good with any dress code from black tie to jeans. I wish it was the larger version both the 41mm and also the XXL will be mine if they ever get made. I hope this short review will be well received by all and it has answered any questions you might have on this model. Joshua I thank you for your service and the fine watch that has knocked my 127 back on to the shelf.

I am sorry for the quality of my photos and must also give credit to Joshua for using some of his as well as a couple I found on the net for comparison.

More pics can be found on Joshua’s site at the link below

Joshua Railmaster

• 1 month later...

I gave this one the ultimate test on sunday for waterproofness, well at least as ultimate as it would ever hold up for what i need. As we all know that the presure test is a static one and nothing like the forces exerted whist swimming, So i dived off a 3 meter board and down to 3.5 meter in my local pool a couple of times. I thought that would be enough and so far not even a trace of condensation. I did check the back was on tight before i left for the pool!

Anthoer one passes the test! :bounce::snorkel: