When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Will she stay

Nanuq

Mt. Redoubt has been rumbling like crazy the last couple weeks and an eruption is imminent. I can see it out my window and the Alaska Volcano Observatory is updating activity reports every few minutes. Check it out....

http://volcanoes.usgs.gov/avo/webicorders/RSO24hr_heli.png

STAY AWAY FROM THE ICE CAVES!

I read somewhere that indicating the AM/PM was the original purpose of the 24h hand of the Explorer II; the watch was meant for speleologists that could lose the notion of time, so they couldn't tell if it was morning or evening. To such an intent, a non-adjustable hand makes sense. It isn't a GMT hand

lol, that's a stretch.....................maybe Bob could use this feature when an avalanche traps him in an ice cave when Redoubt blows;

OK men, time to weigh our assets and liabilities;

Assets; Plenty of H2O and I'm wearing a Rolex ref. 1655.

Liabilities; No bars on the cell phone, emergency services will be busy with the ash fall and utilities, we won't even be listed as 'missing' until morning, which, according to my orange hand, will be in exactly..................17 hours. Cool! God Bless you Hans Wilsdorf..............

But seriously, this is exactly why I need a Speedmaster Moon gen. I'm afraid of breaking the sapphire crystal in my space capsule and having the shards clog the CO2 rebreather. Hesalite is the only way to go. Thank goodness Rolex and Omega are watching out for us.....................

See it out his window Ken????

He's standing there with his noobmariner ready to chuck it in to see how it holds up!!!!!!

YEAH BABY!!!!! :tu:

Here's what happened to Mt. Spurr when it blew. It used to be all pointy on top.

spurr_sm.jpg

• 1 month later...
yikes & yeppers ... if the flights are canceled, maybe its time to get on a boat or somethin'

Nah, not the big fella, he will wait and see what it does and give us half hourly updates!!1

Only way you will get the Big Furry One outta there is if his internet gets cutoff!!! :pB)

She blew BIG TIME last night, with an ash plume twelve miles into the air. So far so good, we're canceling flights and stuff but all seems okay for now.

UPDATE: there are various webcams situated around the volcano. One of them several miles away recorded 215 degrees fahrenheit and stopped transmitting.

:Jumpy: