When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My new Narikaa 42mm PO; black bezel; sexy

hackR

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm really getting swayed by the orange bezel pictures I am seeing here and in other threads. Reg said he can get the same specs but in 45mm I might have to pick one up B)

45mm you say? Verrrry interesting! Wonder what else he can get with "the same specs"? Reg you listening?

i had an orange bezel UPO on ss bracelet...loved the larger hands, but otherwise felt that it would be better for me in 42mm...i can wear a 45.5mm just fine, too...thinking now that the 45.5mm UPO orange bezel on black rubber might have kept my interest...

very happy with the 42mm orange on black rubber...fun, sporty and casual...

Just ordered my very first REP. Good and fast communication, no problems so far.

Honestly, I don't really know what to expect from REPs.. I was pondering between this and a gen. Citizen that cost twice as much, but definitely with much better quality...

I hope that I made the right choice, but can also assume that this is only the beginning of my affair with REPs...

Just have to say that after living with my PO for a few days, the quality is superb. I got the rubber strap and feel is outstanding! It's a sharp looking piece and great for everyday wear.

If you even remotely like the look of this watch, order it! You won't regret it!

Hi All,

Got my Black and White PO today and it's lovely unitl I tried to resize the bracelet and bent the pin....arrrggghhhhh

Any ideas where I can buy the same pins and tubes???

Cheers Narkiaa for a nice watch and thanks for getting the other one for me she will love it!

Just ordered my very first REP. Good and fast communication, no problems so far.

Honestly, I don't really know what to expect from REPs.. I was pondering between this and a gen. Citizen that cost twice as much, but definitely with much better quality...

I hope that I made the right choice, but can also assume that this is only the beginning of my affair with REPs...

I dont hink you will get better quality in the citizen may be equal but not beter

I received mine with the orange bezel yesterday.

I already had a 4th gen PO with custom double AR that I purchased from another member from here, but it's more than a little banged up now (need my watch smith to take a look at it) so I decided to order this one from Reg.

Obviously the watch will have it's flaws, but they can be easily overlooked with the price that you're paying for it. A great bang for the buck watch and my new daily beater as I won't be afraid to damage it as much. Yes, I do like my 4th gen more, but at a third of the price you can't go wrong with this one.

Reg is a great seller by the way. Quick responses and fast shipping (Canada) from Thailand.

Hi all, just curious as to those who have purchased in the United States what the rough timeline for delivery is?

I know that patience is a virtue, just a little curious.

thanks much!

I feel your pain, brotha. I've played the rep waiting game 3 times before this, and it doesn't really get much easier. :Jumpy:

Ordered mine a week ago, and no sign of it in the states yet. Patience...we need ninja-like patience..... :ph34r:

(gotta remember it is coming from Thailand...which is a good distance away)

WOW, sorry to step on our American friends' toes, but I just got the watch. Shipped 22/05, At my door 26/05.

Being my first REP, and like I wrote before, I was concerned a bit about the quality, but that was in vein. What a great watch, great quality and super fast delivery.

Just to praise a bit more, went to a small downtown watch smith to get it resized. I've just approached the counter, standing about 3-4 ft. away from the watch smith and he says: "Wow, that's a nice REP". Me: "You're right, but how could you tell from that distance?". Him: "I'm working here for 15 years, nobody ever came here with a gen... If you buy a 3k$ watch, you don't go to a 4$ watch smith".

He's quite an old man, and mostly used to seeing poor quality REPs, that travelers to the far east bring back with them, usually market grade with no connection to a gen model. After resizing the watch (2-3 minutes), he said that it's one of the best quality REPs he's seen (in terms of build quality and materials), and "they even have the same bracelet sizing system as the gens". He, BTW, has a gen 80's seamaster.

I missed the mailman on sat. So I'll just have to go down to the post office on Tuesday, naturally the holiday caused me to wait an extra day :mellow: that just has added to my excitement!!

So what's the final verdict? How long did it take?

So what's the final verdict? How long did it take?

So the total time was 9 days, very awesome, came sooner than I expected.

My neighborhood post office, (which is basically the size of a 1 hour photo hut) doesn't open until 11am, so I made it down there at noon, wow, Reg did an awesome job packing the watch for 1, makes me feel extremely guilty about the gen Tag i sold on ebay a few days ago, he put my packing skills to shame -_- anyhoo,

The watch itself is beautiful, and the coolest part is, I didn't even have to worry about resizing it, it fit my wrist perfectly. I figured being a bigger guy I'd need to get it dealt with, but it fit me perfectly.

Some of the blue plastic got stuck where the bracelet meets the watch, but I'm sure I'll be able to get that out.

a few small blemishes on the bracelet, not sure if they will come out or not, I'm not too worried though, the crystal is spotless, I really suck at taking pictures of watches, but I'll try and snap a few and post back.

I had really been pondering getting a rep for a long time, but didn't know where to go, The scam sites always would pop up first in google obv, and the "review" sites just seemed extremely fishy to me, as I suspected.

I found this forum. and started reading away, everyone seemed so please with the PO and the seller, I decided to take the plunge. and I couldn't be happier. I hope to deal many times with Reg, as I know I'll be buying more.

You know, some purchases make you ask yourself "why didn't i do this earlier?!"

This is one of those. :wub:

From Thailand to my doorstep in CO all in 12 calendar days (which included memorial day), not bad i must say, i've waited longer before! Speedy enough for me.

Consider me another happy customer. This watch is great! The build quality is incredible, especially for the price! Its as well nailed together as my $300 Carrera rep (big compliment, the Carrera rocks!). Far more of a quality feel than the $100 n00bmariner (a lot of that is down to the bracelet, however. I understand that the bracelet on even a gen Sub has a cheap feel). The dial is incredible, it's crisp printed and very well finished. Light AR on the (what i assume is) mineral crystal. The lume is tremendous (for a rep), just glows and glows bright even if its only exposed to light for a short period of time. Caseback engraving is very good & sharp. Lots of good in this watch...especially for the price!

Quietest and most comfortable watch I own. It's a very substansial piece, and weighs in way heavier than any of my others (even my 44mm Pam...on leather). But the bracelet really hugs your wrist and after a while you dont notice the heft. Wears smaller than it should, and doesnt look out of place on my small, girly man wrists. Smooooth running with a nice sweep, and keeping perfect time so far.

Ok, so it's not perfect. Sure the bezel doesnt have the correct edge, and the bezel insert (including pearl) is all wrong. Maybe the Omega logo on the dial has the little 'feet'. The hands might be a little short, and the date window isnt as close to the 3'o clock marker as the Gen. The He valve and crown are big...

But who cares, really. Espeicially for around $100USD shipped! I think really the only people that will notice these flaws are the members of this forum, and Omega ADs. :lol: Buy it. Wear it. Enjoy it.

That said, Reg was a pleasure to deal with. Fast, concice communication. Easy and painless payment, and he shipped almost immediately. Quick shipping to USA, and the watch was packaged so well that it took me a while to open it! I'll certainly be buying from him again. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Oh, and the bracelet is a sonuvabitch to resize! Had 5 links to remove, so I used a cheapo watch pin pusher tool to get the pin started out, and used a locking needle-nose pliers to pull it the rest of the way out. The toughest part for me was getting the pins back in. Had to use some considerable force with a hammer to get them to move, and i bent/snapped several pins in the process. (protip: i cut new pins out of a small safety pin, they're the exact diameter as the OEM pins, and you can cut them to size using a wire cutter. Not pretty, but it works in a pinch) The key here is patience, and once you get the technique down its actually not that difficult (this was my first bracelet ive resized using pins). Don't be afraid to put a little muscle into it!

Anyways...enough rambling....pics! :D

CIMG0079.jpg

CIMG0068.jpg

CIMG0054.jpg

Looks like a great watch. I have emailed Narikaa, and I hope to order my watch very soon. My problem is that I can't choose between black or orange bezel.

Eventualy I think I'll go for the one with orange bezel.

why not get one on rubber strap and the other on bracelet!

I probably will. :p But I'll start with the orange bezel on bracelet, and maybe I buy the black bezel on a rubber strap later.

they are really nice watches, im waiting on a 45mm Orange bezel from Narikaa which hopefully should be coming any day soon :)