When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pendleton wool shirts

Nanuq

My dad's birthday is soon, and I've been looking for years to find him a green and grey Pendleton shadow plaid wool shirt. Size XL.

I've been told that the place to look is Florida, because people move there and then realize they can't wear the wool anymore. So Goodwill and Salvation Army is "loaded with the stuff".

Does anyone have any leads for me?

Thanks in advance!

Looking for your response to CS here Bob. I live in FLA and can easily hit up a few Goodwill stores, flea markets and the like if he has linked to what you are looking for.

Dunno about us Floridians giving up our woolens though. I know it's like Springtime in Anchorage, but @ 29 F the other morning, I wearing my Filene's flannel as I type this!

Edited by Demsey

WOW! How'd you find that so quickly? The first one looks great... it's a traditional plaid he's after. I sent him the picture, let's see what he says.

Dems, that would be great! Traditional plaid, grey/green "shadow" design, muted plaids. Check this one out:

http://www.rokit.co.uk/product.php?product_id=MC150576

Something like that, in (using his verbage) clear green and grey.

You guys are great! I'll update with his response about if this one from rokit.uk is what he's looking for.

K Bob, I'm on it in XL...............

This will be a good week-end to scout it out. The races are going on and I usually spend a lot of time at the open air markets looking for racing memorabilia from the seasonal vendors. I'll extend my search over to the clothing vendors............

Who knows, maybe I can talk a drunk race fan from Loudon NH out of the one on his back. Shipping free, dry clean extra.

Races? Oh? What's up?!!!

Thanks for the search... I've exhausted all possibilities here. Any Pendletons I find are so nasty you wouldn't want to try it on.

I think that brown/beige shadow plaid is perfect, if only it's "clear green" in a couple shades of lighter/darker. Just like the browns, but green.