When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

big problem with customs...

edgematic

So what was the end result? It was just a scare tactic?

I've talked to my lawyer and sent a registered letter to the rolex lawyer, I said I didn't had the intention of buying a rep etc, that I had no clue it was a rep and that if it was a rep I immediately wanted them to destroy it. that's summarized what I wrote them.

never heard of them and eventually received both rolexes from eurotimez via the UK.

Im really sorry to hear this, I feel very lucky that we In the states have It so good. The UK address sounds very promising, good luck :) Mike

concerning the UK adress: I'd be interested as well. There is an option, that's called UKpostbox.com , check it out.

I know a member on RG who has positive experience with this service. Would be great to see this work.

Or how do you think to get a uk adress? I'm interested.

concerning the UK adress: I'd be interested as well. There is an option, that's called UKpostbox.com , check it out.

I know a member on RG who has positive experience with this service. Would be great to see this work.

Or how do you think to get a uk adress? I'm interested.

I have applied for a UKpostbox.com address and sent the documents a week ago - so that will be tried out for sure. :wub:

The pay as you go program would be brilliant when receiving a couple of shipments a month (don

im from germany guys, and as valerian said, for eu´s like us , there is it not so easy to import GEN exotic skins :D..so for me i dont think i will get it..lession learnd for me..

maxman you are a lucky guy :D mine has also the submariner buckle :) but i think i will get at least my gift leather strap from them (heroic has sendet me one extra a black leather) , and i take a screwdriwer over there to remove the buckle :D a realy pricey gift strap then :rofl:

Welcome to the club all.. I can say it is a very elite number of members.. selected by the customs agency's from around the world.. we are a very special group.. :1a:

did any of us get kissed??... cause I was always taught..

You should always kiss someone before you screw them.. 8)

I have a parcel that was returned from the airport station yesterday.. it's one I sent to EU last week.. they are bitching about the documentation.. so I gotta redo it ..

Ahhh.. the on going story.... -_-

AC/Lani

Guys, very sorry to say so but you're very much mistaken to think importing a croc or gator watch strap is not problematic at all. Many European countries enforce CITES rules very rigidly. Germany (and, alas, my little perfectionist homecountry) is among the most severe ones. <_<

I ordered a gen gator strap with TWB half a year ago. Although I could obtain a CITES certificate for import into my country it was seized and destroyed because TWB's Kurt didn't have a permit for exporting out of Canada. :black_eye:

I have asked him how to proceed twice and not heard back from him ever since but this is a different story. 100 $ down the drain. :thumbdown:

So be careful when ordering exotic leather goods into Europe!

Val.

WOW I really had no Idea that it was this bad :o

I got my UK postal address today. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Anyone wanna mail me something? :rolleyes:

I guess it's time to try it out - I just don't know what to buy :whistling:

Now then T,if you need any help with parcels that need diverting or whatever.just give me a pm or email me if youve still got my address.

Dont go paying silly money for UK post boxes.

I am a lawyer, but know nothing of Belgium Customs law. However, I located a decent summary of Belgium law on importing counterfeit goods here http://www.eccbelgium.be/EN/infocenter/news_detail.asp?h=9&nID=883#2. It appears that possession of counterfeit goods is not a criminal offense in Belgium, but buying counterfeit goods and importing them to Belgium may be a criminal offense by both the buyer and the seller punishable by fine or imprisonment. Of course, the seller is not located in Belgium so there is little that they can do to the seller, but you are located in Belgium, so they can reach you. I suggest that you might consult with an attorney regarding the possible sanctions if you respond to their inquiry. It sounds like if you simply advise them that you did not know it was illegal and agree to allow them to destroy the watches, it is unlikely that they will take further action. However, I would want to know from an attorney that by sending the letter you are not exposing yourself to a fine. I also suspect that you will be on a database so that future purchases would be scrutinzed.

JuJust read through that whole story from the beginning and would like to share my experience in regards to customs.

I'm basically from the EU but living since quite some years now in Dubai. When I came here I was actually quite happy to find some cheap reps on the streets ("canal-street-Just read through that whole story from the beginning and would like to share my experience in regards to customs.

I'm basically from the EU but living since quite some years now in Dubai. When I came here I was actually quite happy to find some cheap reps on the streets ("canal-street-quality"). Then I found RWG and based on the priceless information shared here I started ordering. Did it for months and years, never had an issue. One day, I was expecting another parcel to arrive I received a phone call from FEdEx. The guy on the phone was telling me that there is an issue with a parcel addressed to me and that I may come to their office to the airport. Now I was concerned. Did not sleep to well that night. Saw myself already in some arabic prison. So I went there. After some wating the door opened and a local arabic guy in uniform came out. He had all that golden stars on his shoulders looking like Mr. Super-General. Hell I was scared. But of course I was trying to look cool and calm, like

How about ordering under my name with spelling mistakes? Then they will nog be able to send me a registered letter as my name is not the same as the name that the watch has been sent to.

Any idea?

I am a lawyer, but know nothing of Belgium Customs law. However, I located a decent summary of Belgium law on importing counterfeit goods here http://www.eccbelgium.be/EN/infocenter/news_detail.asp?h=9&nID=883#2. It appears that possession of counterfeit goods is not a criminal offense in Belgium, but buying counterfeit goods and importing them to Belgium may be a criminal offense by both the buyer and the seller punishable by fine or imprisonment. Of course, the seller is not located in Belgium so there is little that they can do to the seller, but you are located in Belgium, so they can reach you. I suggest that you might consult with an attorney regarding the possible sanctions if you respond to their inquiry. It sounds like if you simply advise them that you did not know it was illegal and agree to allow them to destroy the watches, it is unlikely that they will take further action. However, I would want to know from an attorney that by sending the letter you are not exposing yourself to a fine. I also suspect that you will be on a database so that future purchases would be scrutinzed.

How about ordering under my name with spelling mistakes? Then they will nog be able to send me a registered letter as my name is not the same as the name that the watch has been sent to.

Any idea?

Why not an entirely false name, and work out how to pay without any chance of your real details being on an invoice inside the package? I hope that's not somehow illegal, because I've sent letters and cards to friends with purposefully wrong names for a laugh. :whistling:

But, I've never had to provide I.D. for any package - unless I missed the postman and had to collect it from the sorting office..

Why not an entirely false name, and work out how to pay without any chance of your real details being on an invoice inside the package? I hope that's not somehow illegal, because I've sent letters and cards to friends with purposefully wrong names for a laugh. :whistling:

But, I've never had to provide I.D. for any package - unless I missed the postman and had to collect it from the sorting office..

Yes indeed, when the watch has been sent registered the postman often doesn't even ask the signature. Though, when it's been sent with DHL, you might have a problem as they always ask your ID. (from what I experience) Same with FedEx. In that case a false name does not work, misspelling of the name does work. But I have been thinking about this also. If you let it send with a false name, the courier comes to your door, asks your ID, different name, ... Then you probably won't get the package. So you can ask the dealer before to send an e-mail to you where he states "Oops, I wrote down the wrong name, it should be XXXXXX(real name) instead of XXXXX(wrong name), show this message to DHL/FedEx so that you'll be able to receive the package"

I've tried to say this as simplistic as it can be, but I think you know where I want to get this.

Yes indeed, when the watch has been sent registered the postman often doesn't even ask the signature. Though, when it's been sent with DHL, you might have a problem as they always ask your ID. (from what I experience) Same with FedEx. In that case a false name does not work, misspelling of the name does work. But I have been thinking about this also. If you let it send with a false name, the courier comes to your door, asks your ID, different name, ... Then you probably won't get the package. So you can ask the dealer before to send an e-mail to you where he states "Oops, I wrote down the wrong name, it should be XXXXXX(real name) instead of XXXXX(wrong name), show this message to DHL/FedEx so that you'll be able to receive the package"

I've tried to say this as simplistic as it can be, but I think you know where I want to get this.

This must be a difference between the US and UK, because I've never been asked for any ID, and my house mates at university would often sign (their own names) for me if I was out.

I guess they wouldn't let the dealer send anything addressed to "The occupier", or to a name written in Chinese that your average DHL guy will have no chance of checking?

• 10 months later...

There is one instance I believe awhile back maybe 4 years ago. Anyways goes something like this, gentlemen is having breakfast in a belgium cafe wearing his very poor rolex rep. So poor in fact that a rolex official eating in the same cafe makes a note of it and reports it to the local officials. He is then called at his residence and told to report immediately to the local police station. He shows up with his rep not thinking that the rep was the reason for the phone call. He is confronted about the rep but denies the fact its a rep. He begins to cry and is held over night in jail where he is badly beaten though the night. Well thats the story

"from Ananova:

Man jailed for fake Rolex watch

A Belgian man has been jailed for six months for wearing a fake Rolex .

A court in Dendermonde heard that the man, named only as Gunther R, 33, had been spotted by representatives of Rolex wearing the fake watch and they complained to authorities.

The judge ruled the man had knowingly bought the fake and sentenced him to six months in prison under laws for handling counterfeit goods.

He was also ordered to pay a �700 fine for breaching brand name registration laws."

Also a man is do to be caned for wearing a fake rolex in thialand.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/48884-6-months-jail-for-a-fake-rolex-wearer/

Edited by tonyp1

LOL @ caned for wearing a fake rolex in thialand. I really did laugh.

I have had stuff sent to my house under different names, granted I am in the US. Even if I miss the post guy or worse the FedEX guy I just make a trip to the post office or FedEX center and provide my ID showing the address. Once they verify it is the same address I just say oh it is for so and so or yeah it is a gift they must have put the wrong name on it.

Why do folks have things sent to their house? For some time now, all the things I buy online, go to my work address. I work for a decent sized company, with about 700 people or so in our office here. I often put my name and company name on packages. I'm betting if there's a company associated with it, it gets less scrutiny. Take that for what you will with my limited experience in ordering reps.

Strange story because the law in Belgium states that it's legal to own a replica, it's illegal to buy a replica or to sell it

There is one instance I believe awhile back maybe 4 years ago. Anyways goes something like this, gentlemen is having breakfast in a belgium cafe wearing his very poor rolex rep. So poor in fact that a rolex official eating in the same cafe makes a note of it and reports it to the local officials. He is then called at his residence and told to report immediately to the local police station. He shows up with his rep not thinking that the rep was the reason for the phone call. He is confronted about the rep but denies the fact its a rep. He begins to cry and is held over night in jail where he is badly beaten though the night. Well thats the story

"from Ananova:

Man jailed for fake Rolex watch

A Belgian man has been jailed for six months for wearing a fake Rolex .

A court in Dendermonde heard that the man, named only as Gunther R, 33, had been spotted by representatives of Rolex wearing the fake watch and they complained to authorities.

The judge ruled the man had knowingly bought the fake and sentenced him to six months in prison under laws for handling counterfeit goods.

He was also ordered to pay a �700 fine for breaching brand name registration laws."

Also a man is do to be caned for wearing a fake rolex in thialand.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/48884-6-months-jail-for-a-fake-rolex-wearer/

• 1 month later...