When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Fixing up the Black Steel Avenger

RWG Technical

Don't want to be an ass, but from those pics I can't judge wether it looks good or not..... I would like to see how smooth the hands are painted , as I did this once myself and it was very hard. I ended up airbrushing them with a professional airgun to get a gen like appearance. I had to use a high-air/low-paint mixture to get the perfect result.

Macro's please ;)

hey rob, did you remove the original lume ... please advise?

Yes, all the original lume dots on the dial (and hands of course) was removed. The original lume is not well placed and quite a mess on these.

Once the lume is off, I repaint the circles with Super Lume reflective paint, let it dry, and then make new dots with lume filling the complete circles.

RG

Yes, all the original lume dots on the dial (and hands of course) was removed. The original lume is not well placed and quite a mess on these.

Once the lume is off, I repaint the circles with Super Lume reflective paint, let it dry, and then make new dots with lume filling the complete circles.

RG

excellent. i may send this north along with my other project shceduled for march. thanks for the reply and i'll be in touch soon!

Indeed! That's some true craftmanship!

Hand painted... jeez :shock: I need to practice ;)

Hy RM .. I'm not speaking about Ziggy's talent.. cause he has more knowledge and talent in one digit of his little pinky than I'll ever have in my whole being..

but if your painting hands, it may be wise to thin out the paint as much as possible, I'm talking just from experience with car paints .. if you using oil based paint , use thinner, and add it to the paint to thin it out, as all you want is the colour and not the texture on the surface, it should be so thin that it runs off the brush.. or can fit through the nozzle of an air brush.. same with water base.. hope that helps your next project..

the very first time I "sprayed" .. and didn't thin the base paint was quite funny in Hind sight :p

Hy RM .. I'm not speaking about The Zigmeister's talent.. cause he has more knowledge and talent in one digit of his little pinky than I'll ever have in my whole being..

but if your painting hands, it may be wise to thin out the paint as much as possible, I'm talking just from experience with car paints .. if you using oil based paint , use thinner, and add it to the paint to thin it out, as all you want is the colour and not the texture on the surface, it should be so thin that it runs off the brush.. or can fit through the nozzle of an air brush.. same with water base.. hope that helps your next project..

the very first time I "sprayed" .. and didn't thin the base paint was quite funny in Hind sight :p

Thanks fo the tip Lan! Will try that next time. I didn't do that because I thought the paint would become too transparent...

In retroperspective, maybe my problemes weren't caused by the paint but rather by the cat-haired brush :lol: