When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Source for aftermarket cases and dials

Heywood

Looks like Yukiwatch has started carrying some aftermarket cases along with their dials. The price looks pretty damn good compared to NDT or Phong. It's nice to see that someone has these parts priced realistically, as Phong and NDT are way too high. I'm glad to see that they have a little competition. Here's the link to the page with the cases http://www.yukiwatch.com/watch_parts.html

Buyer beware.

I have purchased a couple of parts from him & while they were nice, neither part matched the pictures on his site or auction page. His explanation is always that the pictures were old & the item is new. In his defense, he did offer refunds (though the buyer will be out return shipping costs).

@Freddy, thanks for the word of caution.

@Fakey, these are sized to accept genuine movement similar to a Phong case, just around $900 cheaper

Not trying to offer any endorsement, just sharing the find for folks who may want a cheaper option than Phong or NDT for a decent looking case that will take a genuine movement. I've always thought that Phong and NDT were way overpriced for similar parts. Looks like the lugs holes are sized to take genuine spring bars and the crown guards look pretty good too. The other option in this price range is MBW and we all know the pitfalls associated with those.

The reason for the expense with these case is that they accept gen parts and we place a gen movement in them. Most of the time you can also engrave unique serial numbers and the model numbers on the cases as well.

These are NOT the cases that accept eta movements. These cases are what you build Franken watches with and in some cases can not be told from a gen.

It would be nice/helpful if Yuki provided more pics (from different angles) of his cases (not to mention more cases), but I suspect his cases are the same that Phong & NDtrading sell. There is nothing about Phong's or NDtrading's cases that make them any better than a standard rep case, except that they will fit gen parts (& they are constructed out of the same quality metal & come with the same crummy inserts, crowns & crystals as any off-the-shelf rep). And there is absolutely no reason to be paying 4 times more to Phong or NDtrading for the same quality you get with a $200 rep watch.

For reference, I paid about $200 each for MBW 5514 & 5513 cases (both of which accept gen parts & contain gen movements)

1575dial0351.jpg

Anyone know where I can get a sub case (16613) that will take a gen 3035 movement? It can be gen used or aftermarket.

Gen - ebay. Aftermarket - NDtrading or Jewelryandwatch for Vietnamese-made with nearly exactly dimensions or Eurotimez (see Collectors forum for website) for MBW/MBKs that are more reasonably priced & will accept many gen parts. Use the Search for details.

Hi Freddy,

You got a nice DRSD dial there. It is gen. of aftermarket?

I have been trying very hard to get a good DRSD/SR1680 dial for my MBW, but still in vain. NDT's dials for these two are no good. Can help to tell me a good source?

Of course the best is the gen. dials, but they are simply totally out of reach at the asking market prices.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks, bertieng. I got the dial on ebay a year or so ago from a seller who said it was a 1-of-a-kind dial that he purchased from someone else. Unfortunately, I have not seen another like it, but I have a feeling someone has more of them. I had Kent Parks relume it to my specs (widen & whiten the index markers to match a 1st version gen dial that I used as a model), which turned out to be alot more work than either of us counted on, so I doubt he would do another 1 like this.