When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Middle of the Week Wrist Check

By-Tor

The, new to me, ROL187 that I will be using for my franken 6536/5508 project.

Drilling the lug holes will be a challenge no doubt. Additional aging, especially the NEW looking hands.

I do not want to sidetrack the midweek wristies (too much), but do the case dimensions (especially the height) approximate the 6536/5508? I think that most of the Silix cases are more nearly similar to a modern Sub than these early low-profile case versions. You will almost definitely need a drill press to drill the lug holes.

I posted a brief tutorial early last year, but the basics of my hand aging process are pretty simple (though dangerous since you can easily damage the hands if not careful) -

1. Remove hands from dial
  2. Apply Iodine to the lume areas (try not to get too much on the metal)
  3. Bake at 550 degrees Fahrenheit until they reach the desired patina
  4. Let cool
  5. Reinstall hands on dial (note that, like vintage tritium lume, the lume is now rather delicate & it no longer glows)

finalhandset0011.jpg

6536macros0061-1.jpg

:wub: Looks great Chubbchubb...Is that an Avitt DLC'd case?

Coming from you who has some of the nicest PAMs I've seen over the years...Thank you...

... no, this is a case which I bought from Tourby maybe two years ago and which had various incarnations since then. I suspect that it's original DSN, because it has a spring loaded crown and a corresponding tube that is different from all my other cases. Dial and hands are DSN as well.

DSN 214 - Serviced by VAC, today:

pam217bbw6.jpg

Thurs:

hublot1024qn7.jpg

Fri. and the rest of the week:

aproo1024zm7.jpg

Ugh, guys I seriously need a rep of an updated modern watch. I'm wearing my old gen 50's Rolex BB (grandpa-style) because my only other watch is a faded-out gold Tag sports elegance (15+yrs old) with most of the gold-plating worn off.

whooperdog-gal

post-20789-1235602077_thumb.jpg