When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Something Old Becomes (Nearly All) New Again

freddy333

WOW that is awesome! Absolutely beautiful dial. Congrats on a true keeper, enjoy and wear in good health :)

Nice work Freddy!

Lovely freddy! Just plain lovely.

"luv your work"

Offshore

Thanks all.

This watch, while a classic, is just a carrying case for its 1035 movement, which will ultimately end up in my other 6542 project (when I locate the last part I need to complete the gmt conversion). The watch has been sitting (in pieces) on my bench ever since I rebuilt the movement, but I finally decided that I might as well put it together & get some use out of it as it may be some time before I locate the missing part.

Beautiful. Is that the Brevet crown? Nice pics too. What's the story on the bracelet? Why did Rolex do that taper on the clasp connecting links?

I like that wrist shot.

Thanks.

No, the Brevet is for my 6536 Sub project, which is complete save for the exception case I ordered (over 2 months ago) from the always slow-as-molasses Silix boys).

The bracelet is a riveted 7205/57, which was shortened (by a previous owner) without any apparent regard to maintaining the bracelet's intended taper. :(

• 7 years later...