When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Replacement bezel screws?

projectologist

Pic shows where the screw came off. When I checked the others to make sure they were secure, I was surprised to find that they all spin freely... they can not be tightened or loosened. This is my first Breitling rep, so I don't know if this is the case for all models.

I purchased it from a member. It was a face to face deal with someone I know and trust, so no issues there. Has anyone else dealt with this problem? Since I didn't purchase the watch directly from Josh or Andrew I am hesitant to approach them for spares. Also, how do you attach them as I do not see any threads in the empty hole.

Any help with this will be greatly appreciated!

sablack01.jpg

Bump, great question... I am curious if anyone has detailed information on these style Breitling Bezels, including removal. The screws are decorative to begin with-- are they not?

I look at my Black Steel and wonder if this going to be an issue.

I wonder if the bezels should be pre-emptively removed and the screws cemented from the back side to prevent future issues.

Experts, please chime in.

TIA,

-Ronin

I think that spare parts of that size are not available so i think you will have to order another bezel...The whole bezel must be changed! But again i'm not sure :huh: It would be very easy if you found the screw and after applying some instant glue put it back...But as i imagine this is not the case, right??

Send out an email to every dealer you can think of, asking if they could sell you a V2 blacksteel bezel, if one replies yes, bite their hands off to get it! ^_^

Then when it arrives, screw the screw from the spare bezel into yours, make sure you loctite the thread too! B)

Good luck! :D

There are no threads in the holes to screw into. That is what's so weird. It's just a hole and the other screws spin freely in both directions, neither getting tighter or looser. So on mine the other screws I haven't been able to remove so I can secure them. Any thoughts on how to remove them so I can glue them down?

There are no threads in the holes to screw into. That is what's so weird. It's just a hole and the other screws spin freely in both directions, neither getting tighter or looser. So on mine the other screws I haven't been able to remove so I can secure them. Any thoughts on how to remove them so I can glue them down?

Ditto on my black steel. Since all of the AeroMarine series bezels are essentially the same, I wonder if this applies to them all SOSF, BCE, SA...

I haven't had the time to pop the bezel, since they free-wheel in their holes, I am under the impression they are some sort of decorative 'flare' fit 'captive screw'.

image002.gifimage034.jpgimage036.gif

or a 'plug' (think gauged ear piercing)

Star-plug-8418.jpg

Random thoughts until someone pulls the bezel.

-Ronin

I`ve had this problem too. They are just plugs, use a sharp blade and try to "pop" them out. I had no problem doing that. Put some Loctite on the edges and put them back in and they will stick.

Did you lose the screw? Maybe if you talk sweet with Josh he could send you a spare screw even if you didn

Hi P,

just responed to your post on RWI, the more expensive V2 Breitling reps that come from Hublot maker have bezel force pressed onto the case, and the 8 bezel "screws" aren't actualy screws.

Cheaper V1/V3 Skylands for example come with real screws and the bezel can be removed like the gen Breitling one.

cheers,

b

I`ve had this problem too. They are just plugs, use a sharp blade and try to "pop" them out. I had no problem doing that. Put some Loctite on the edges and put them back in and they will stick.

Hmmm, which Loctite, most Loctite I am familiar with relies on thread's and the absence of air. Putting the wrong LT on it will do nothing, and won't the poping them out make the problem worse by potentially widening the holes slightly?

I would think the better solution would be to pop the bezel off and access them from the back side.

So has anyone actually removed the Bezel from one of these?

TIA,

-Ronin

Hmmm, which Loctite, most Loctite I am familiar with relies on thread's and the absence of air. Putting the wrong LT on it will do nothing, and won't the poping them out make the problem worse by potentially widening the holes slightly?

I would think the better solution would be to pop the bezel off and access them from the back side.

TIA,

-Ronin

Josh recommended me to use loctite and it worked just fine. I can promise you that my "scews" won

TIA,

-Ronin

272 should be find as it is fairly good at filling gaps and pretty secure when set.

Do you still have the bottle? What specific one did you use? LT usually has a three number code like 272, etc. Sometimes it is referred to by color as well. Green, blue, red (the actual color of the solvent).

I am guessing we want the LT that is used for 'sleeve retainers and bushings'.

Thanks,

-Ronin

It doesn