When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Anniv Sub Rep....Please Scrutinize

JumpingBunny

I bought this about 5 years ago from a friend at work.I have no clue where he purchased it from? I only wear it on weekends if that.The watch in

person looks pretty nice.It used to have some type of green Rolex sticker on the back but,I accidently jumped in the pool with it and it is no longer

in comission lol.Out in the sun,the crystal (it's prolly not crystal) has some weird haze at the right angle that is prolly associated with the material?

Tell me what you think,and how do I know if this watch is worth modding?

Thanks in advance.....

DSC00663.jpg

DSC00656.jpg

DSC00661.jpg

post-20467-1236546618_thumb.jpg

CG's are way off, mag on the crystals to weak, rehaut looks wokky on the pics and the SEL's are wrong IMO. Same here, I wouldn't bother modding it unless you want a watch to practice on. It's your call though...

OK...thanks everybody I really appreciate the "heads-up." Now,who is WM9 LV from BK? I'm sorry for sounding "We-tarded" but,I'm not familiar with this

company or person and would like to know of something reputable (individual or business) that I may contact for further purchase for a new "Sub" and

it doesn't have to be the Aniv.model.

I bought this about 5 years ago from a friend at work.I have no clue where he purchased it from? I only wear it on weekends if that.The watch in

person looks pretty nice.It used to have some type of green Rolex sticker on the back but,I accidently jumped in the pool with it and it is no longer

in comission lol.Out in the sun,the crystal (it's prolly not crystal) has some weird haze at the right angle that is prolly associated with the material?

Tell me what you think,and how do I know if this watch is worth modding?

Thanks in advance.....

DSC00663.jpg

DSC00656.jpg

DSC00661.jpg

I don't really have any spare cash at the moment, but if you're ever interested in selling it, send me a PM :)

Yeah it's worth modding... sure. But only with this:

big-hammer.jpg

:D

Sorry man but it's a terrible LV Sub. Absolutely horrendous.

Ouch!!! "I want my mommy!!!" lol....... ;) OK....so it's a POS from what you fella's are saying.Well,mechanically it's been great and I have

had a few compliments.It does look nice in person but,you guy's are used to owning and seeing some of the best reps.around so I feel

where you are comming from.Right now though....I'm not ready to give it the "hammertime" smash-smash lol.

The case has lugholes, so it has some value. And since it's an older rep, it probably has a swiss eta in it- especially if it's still running good.

But updating to a WM9 V2 LV would be a very good step

Even a noobmariner would be an upgrade- esp. one with an eta, but now days you just never know if you're getting a swiss eta or an asian copy.

The case has lugholes, so it has some value. And since it's an older rep, it probably has a swiss eta in it- especially if it's still running good.

But updating to a WM9 V2 LV would be a very good step

Even a noobmariner would be an upgrade- esp. one with an eta, but now days you just never know if you're getting a swiss eta or an asian copy.

Yeah...it runs fantastic for being at least 5 years old.I will upgrade IMO it's worth it to me $$ money-wise and also wearing a watch that is more

gen-like.

Wow...mine is that bad lol!!! I went to Ebay awhile back to look at a gen model and compared mine,and it looked pretty good??? Lol,yes that is through

"newb" eyes though B)

10-4....who is the best vendor/dealer for the noobmariner at this time?

here's mine:

I got it from eurotimez, and paid extra for the added "QC". I still had to fix some minor issues with mine tho, like a crooked dial and an unevenly pressed crystal. My next choice was Josh, then Andrew. At this time ONLY eurotimez gaurantees a GENUINE ETA. If you dont care about a genuine swiss movement and are getting the $100 range one with an Asian movement, then any of the above mentioned dealers should suffice.

on mine i trimmed the CGs, changed out the pearl/insert and recessed it, added a smaller crown and fixed everything geometrically as well... regreased all the seals and pressure tested it to 40meters. Also got the high beat asian movement (4813) instead of the stock 21.6K 2813 one (sweeps nicer, a WORTH while upgrade for the extra $ IMO)which keeps time (-5)to(-12secs) depending on how active I am. Im gonna eventually drill lug holes on this one so it's an earlier F series case once i solve some alignment issues with the lug holes and springbars.

post-10838-1236667361_thumb.jpg

here's mine:

I got it from eurotimez, and paid extra for the added "QC". I still had to fix some minor issues with mine tho, like a crooked dial and an unevenly pressed crystal. My next choice was Josh, then Andrew. At this time ONLY eurotimez gaurantees a GENUINE ETA. If you dont care about a genuine swiss movement and are getting the $100 range one with an Asian movement, then any of the above mentioned dealers should suffice.

on mine i trimmed the CGs, changed out the pearl/insert and recessed it, added a smaller crown and fixed everything geometrically as well... regreased all the seals and pressure tested it to 40meters. Also got the high beat asian movement (4813) instead of the stock 21.6K 2813 one (sweeps nicer, a WORTH while upgrade for the extra $ IMO)which keeps time (-5)to(-12secs) depending on how active I am. Im gonna eventually drill lug holes on this one so it's an earlier F series case once i solve some alignment issues with the lug holes and springbars.

:D Thanks....much appreciated!