When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

,;

RWG Technical

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I worked for the helicopter company, and actually was one of the ones who helped set up and get this base up and running...

So far only one survivor, and knowing what I know about the conditions on the north atlantic, that is all they will find. I believe the remainder are still in their seats on the bottom of the ocean.

I still don't know the names of those who lost their lives, I am sure it's not going to hurt any less when I do find out.

Ironically I spent 6 years working on helicopters doing search and rescue, that job had more sorrow than joy.

Thanks for the kind words, I can't type how much of a loss I feel.

RG

Sorry for the loss, Rob. I pray for those friends of yours, for their families and, of course, for you. I am sure all those who, like you, have suffered such a big loss, will find the strength to go on and honour the memory of those people. My condolence, friend.

Damn, sorry to hear that mate. My condolences to all involved.

I have spent hundreds of hours in choppers as a crew chief/loadmaster so I feel this one worse than some will. The S92 is a big, tough bird. A hell of an improvment on the trash we were flying in Africa but even the best have troubles now and again. Sadly I have to agree with you mate, the're gone.

The north Atlantic is like that as you well know. Stay strong bro, we're all here if and when you need us.

Regards, Col.

PS: I am shure I speak for all at RWG1.1 when I offer condolences.

I can understand your sorrow, Rob.

Around here in Norway a lot of my friends, relatives and neighbours are working in the oil industry off-shore in the North Sea and in the North Atlantic. Over the 35 years of industry we have had some larger and a lot of smaller accidents.