When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A petite Explorer I for a Lady

Miss Understood

Most of the cartel have very reasonably priced watches ($108 or thereabouts!) As for best...well, they'd require some modding but are not bad at all stock..mainly because the gen is such a simple and elegant model!

Has the lady checked out the collectors wares or did she break a nail on the Search button?

:D

I think DD/DJ/Exp I is a perfect size for women.

Here's my lady wearing the DD. Maybe not the most accurate rep in the world but still looks cool (although I'm not very objective in this particular case).

IMG_0433.jpgIMG_0435.jpg

My dear By-Tor, first may I congratulate you on your impeccable taste, in pursuits both feminine and horological. :winkiss:

Might this DD/DJ be available with mother-of-pearl dial? It does so complement my hair.

As for the ill tempered Freddy, my hands are firmly upon my hips and directed squarely at you. Tsk!

As an owner of the "petite" EXP I, I would suggest when buying that you get one with a swiss eta. My EXP I is my most accurate watch (timing wise) and I do believe it is due to the fact that it is a gen swiss eta movement.

here is a pic of mine, I actually would like to build a franken with a none SEL bracelet. Good luck with your purchase :)

DSCF2417.jpg

oh and its not that "petite". its a very comfy watch to wear, and a perfect smaller sized watch.

Who was it that built that KILLER gilt Explorer-I ? If it was up to me I'd get the domed acrylic and age the heck out of it.... just like that gilt.

Nanuq, I actually like the modern dial, but I like the non sel bracelet better. I do like a good plastic crystal though...

Not mine, but someday...

B103_Rolex_Explorer_11.jpg

one thing about the EXP I that I dont 100% love is the lack of a date. makes me look at my phone if I forget the date. other than that, it is just about perfect.

I bought the explorer I a few weeks ago; beautifull watch, but it was delivered with a mid-hollow bracelet, so it feels light, maybe too light. Does anyone know if the gen. was manufactured with mid hollow or a full metal bracelet in those days?