When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Pom Watch Has Arrived

Edge

Dear All,

As promised before taking my leave from posting here, I agreed to post pictures and description for a review of the inaugural Pos of the Month watch.

Firstly I would like to thank all of those involved for there time and effort in this regard, especially The Mods/Admin and with extra special thanks to John for all of his help and for setting this up.

Thanks must go to Paul, for supplying the watch, this is my first dealing with Paul and you will find out how it goes. I have absolutely no bias in any issues that have proceeded the date of this post. All of the accounts and opinions in this thread are exactly that, MY OPINIONS.

Now to the nitty gritty lol........

The Packaging/Delivery

The watch arrived on the 24th however I was unable to collect it so got it today. It was VERY well marked and hence avoided taxes. The package was well wrapped and included, a cushion, a box, an outer box, some wrapping, some gift wrapping paper, some bubble wrap, and some outer wrapping, along with a "Nice Day" card. So first impressions of the transaction are extremely positive the watch arrived safely which is always a bonus an when it did it was expertly wrapped and labelled.

The Watch

First off I checked to see if the watch was working, and after a quick winding, VOILA!! We have a go. It is fully functional and appears to be running smoothly.

Next for some more intricate analysis.

The RRP of this watch is $600 (Recommended Replica Price), and I would not consider buying the watch, but now that I have it I really like it. The case is very solid and well made. The crystal appears to be well sealed and also has no marks on it. It has a display back which looks great, with blue screws and a finished back movement. The dial is extremely well finished in the wave pattern and has a lovely creamy patina.

The tourbillion is fully functional and really makes the watch. Again not particularly my style but a very very nice function none the less. It is well finished with the visible ruby and blued screws.

The text on the dial is well applied and well aligned.

The case has a brushed side with polished back and front, which looks lovely and is a very nice contrast.

The crown has nice deep teeth and is again well finished.

So, so far we have covered pretty much everything and I have NO complaints, the watch is absolutely magnificent........

But...

The Hour markers are not perfectly aligned, now this is noticeable, and would be a drawback if I were to purchase one. As you can see in the pictures they are not perfectly applied and are therefore at point misaligned.

Even taking this into consideration this is a truly Beautiful watch and I am honoured to have had this bestowed upon me for a contribution to the forum, that would otherwise still have been made.

I hope that you all like the articles written and that you have enjoyed this review. The watch is fantastic and I hope that the fulfilment of the inaugural PoM competition will inspire some of you to try and win the forthcoming events.

It is with great sadness and regret that I will have to part with this item, and also 2 other watches, just to clear off some outstanding issues, which I am sure you are fully aware. When you see this item up for sale please DO NOT even for a minute think that this item is not cherished, it really is, if there was any way I could keep it I would, it means a lot to me to have won this competition. I just cannot afford to keep it or some other items at this time, I am having to clear out a lot of things including watches straps and tolls/parts, just to try and sort out some problems.

I would like to finish by again expressing my deepest thanks to Paul for a lovely item and also to all those involved in selecting me to be the inaugural PoM CHAMPION!!!

Thank You

Edge

96635-27210.jpg

96635-27211.jpg

96635-27212.jpg

96635-27213.jpg

Once again well done Chris and I'm glad that it arrived safely.....nae relieved that it arrived safely.

Sorry to hear that you are still experiencing cash-flow problems and I hope that you will soon sort it out.

When all is said and done you can always say that you were the very first Post of the Month winner.

Many thanks again to Paul at Aspire for donating such a magnificent prize.

To see some of Pauls other interesting wares visit here (after his server problems are resolved of course):

http://www.aspire-eshop.com/

JTB

A wonderful review Chris and it is a shame about those markers, however as you point out it is still a beautiful watch, so I am glad it has gone to a worthy winner. :1a:

Congratulations Chris :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Ken

A wonderful review Chris and it is a shame about those markers, however as you point out it is still a beautiful watch, so I am glad it has gone to a worthy winner. :1a:

Congratulations Chris :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Ken

It's a great feeling to win. I can't wait for PoM watch 2 to arrive ... Chris is the only person to know what it's like, and his experience has to be tempered with troubles.

:2a: