When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Your help please. Thinking of a move to the states

FxrAndy

So no real info then guys just a discussion about foot/hand/gay/kissball, non of it5 does a lot for me, but louisiana as that is where the job it to start with,

It is where one of my best mates lives hence the job,

I rida a harley and have done for a long time and that is a no helmet state.

They love their food and so do i!

I love a drink so do they!

So you may have got me confused with some one who where's a suit every day, I think i fit in well down there, i just wish they could understand english!

So is there realy any info out there, am i looking at needing a H2B visa?

So no real info then guys just a discussion about foot/hand/gay/kissball, non of it5 does a lot for me, but louisiana as that is where the job it to start with,

It is where one of my best mates lives hence the job,

I rida a harley and have done for a long time and that is a no helmet state.

They love their food and so do i!

I love a drink so do they!

So you may have got me confused with some one who where's a suit every day, I think i fit in well down there, i just wish they could understand english!

So is there realy any info out there, am i looking at needing a H2B visa?

I nearly emigrated to the USA five years ago, and would have been doing so on a fiance visa. I found the information on the immigration/visa websites to be very helpful. As long as you fulfill their criteria, then you shouldn't have any problems. You say that you may be going over with a company... If this is the case, you must travel from your home, to an actual place of business. A friend tried to move over, as he worked remotely as a server manager, so it made no difference to his company where he was actually logging in from, but, the immigration folks said that because he wasn't actually commuting to a place of business, they weren't satisfied that he actually had a job to go to (the conditions for emigrating as a self-employed person are very strict). That said, I believe you could be sponsored by a US Citizen, and I'm sure there're plenty of bros in the US who would be able to do that for you :) Best of luck with it all :good:

Don't let them talk you out of Louisiana. It may not be typical of a lot of America since it's laws and customs are heavily influenced by French law rather than British, but it's got its own culture and laid back way of life. Great food, decent weather, and a rather laid back lifestyle.

Took that wrong exit for the Falls again huh Dave? Hope you filled the 'Vette. Picked up a carton of smokes. At least.

Nah,left the vette at home.

Took a plane and my Koran,its the only way to travel to the land of the kinda free.... B)

Nice to see you Dems,happy April to you.

Edited by Dave123

After spending 8 years though the legal immigration process (1 of which was wasted owing to my personal health setbacks) I was sworn in as the 300,000,001st American a few weeks ago

Not sure where you're coming from or who's hiring you in what capacity but the simplest way for your employer to hire you is to file a petition with the INS for a H1-b visa on your behalf. I honestly doubt this will get you anywhere fast unless you happen to be part of a sub-category with some influence on their quotas but this is how most folk get to the first world legally.

The other option is for the employer to use their overseas subsidiaries in filing a L-1/B-1 visa for you. These visas are not not bound by US wage regulations so make sure you fully understand your financial obligations before coming over but this category makes it far easier for the spouses of the visa-holders to get a job and start working if/when the opportunity arises

Your local USIS office will have more information for you, also check out www.immihelp.com when ya get a chance

Took a plane and my Koran,its the only way to travel to the land of the kinda free.... B)

Roger Davie. And as things slow down here I can still fit you in for some flight lessons. The offer stands. You know, you can do more damage if you actually 'lift off' the ground. And too, not so sure how much damage a 'hang glider' can do in a 'taxi accident' anyway. You still owe the Rochester post office 10.43usd to repaint the front door.

K, keep at it.

It's not worth it. Honestly. If I could go back in time to 1929 to prevent my father from leaving Aschaffenburg I would.

There is no better life here. I dwell in a shack and receive a government monthly stipend of just $1,200. I have toast for breakfast and a frozen chicken pie for dinner. Our Social Security system is a kind of euthanasia on the installment plan for our sick and elderly.

Social Security was never intended to be the only source of income when one retires.

Omega_Man:

I'm not retired, but rather disabled. I have tried to work but no one keeps me because I can't perform equally to my peers. I suppose the reason I have a problem with my situation is because rescue is available to the wealthy, but the poor are sacrificed to homelessness, poverty, crime or to the battlefield.

Ok this is all getting way off topic again (I know I was an offender earlier), however please refrain from posting anything that does not address the OP's original question.

Ken